Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

• Future Imagineer

Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again?

From Today's update:

MiceChat - Disneyland Resort, Features, MiceAge Update - MiceAge Update: Tron-morrowland and Monsters Backlot

So what are your thoughts on this expansion news. What do you like? What don't you like?
    Last edited by Right Ear; 04-09-2013 at 04:51 AM.

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

I could think of better stuff than Monster Inc that could go in there. I'd be disappointed if it did ever come because there is so much that you could build there instead.

• Heavy Breather

Re: Disneyland Debate Thread: Monsters Invade Hollywoodland and Tron to rise TL again

I love Monsters Inc. but does it really belong in DCA? On the other hand, the light cycle TRON attraction sounds like my nerdy dreams come true.

• Minion

Having a hard time getting behind this monstropolis idea. Maybe a monsters version of Hollywood I dunno. Maybe they can use they characters to pay homage to classic monster movies. But I'm defiantly on board for a tron attraction.

• And Dad was my hero.

Wait a minute... They already have a monsters ride. If they build this, won't they have to tear the other one down?

I'm fine with tron, but whatever happened to the doing TL all at one idea. There should be more on the table. I would not like them dong the expansion piecemeal until 2032.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    I love Monsters Inc. but does it really belong in DCA? On the other hand, the light cycle TRON attraction sounds like my nerdy dreams come true.
    1. Monsters Inc. is ALREADY in DCA.

2. How is it any different than Cars Land?

• Minion

^Cars Land fits naturally into DCA

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mom kissed Walt View Post
    Wait a minute... They already have a monsters ride. If they build this, won't they have to tear the other one down?

I'm fine with tron, but whatever happened to the doing TL all at one idea. There should be more on the table. I would not like them dong the expansion piecemeal until 2032.
    The article says that they would keep the dark ride as well as the coaster, making that area into a monsters inc mini land.

• Senior Minion

More of the Disney same ol' same ol' -- nothing innovative, nothing original, nothing that doesn't advertise another brand.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I love both ideas. Clearly, the folks at TDA saw what could be done with a specifically-themed land (Cars Land, as opposed to Fantasy Land, etc), and how successful such lands can be. I think it's an exciting idea, even if there are other 'lands' I might rather see if I had my 'druthers. My question for y'all would be: What other similarly-specifically-themed lands would you like to see?

As far as Tomorrowland goes, "The Future" is not what it used to be. Today's Tomorrowland was originally designed when transportation technology was all the rage, of course, but transportation technology just doesn't get us all that excited anymore. Now, we're more excited about communication technology, and for that reason, I think Tron makes an excellent fit for tomorrow's Tomorrowland. "Tron" isn't necessarily about *communication technology,* but it is about technology communicating -which is probably a feature of our *real* tomorrow, but that's another story.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Im really excited for a TRON attraction and for Tomorrowland to get some TLC.

I think an actual E-ticket Monsters Inc Door coaster could have potential, but i'm not really liking the idea of adding it next to the current ride and calling that area Monstropolis.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Minion

Although the Monster's Inc. coaster sounds interesting, what does it have to do with California? I'd like to see more attractions with California themes.

I like the Tron idea.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Man, these plans suck.

It's like creative bankruptcy. "Mini-lands" based off of franchises that are just cut and paste of Pixar's CGI models. "Thrill rides;" coasters are the cheapest and least creative of attractions because you use speed and drops in lieu of designing sets and show scenes. They're also the most excluding, playing only for adrenaline junkies.

There's no need to think of the park as an organic whole, just have montages of greatest hits quashed together. At this rate I'd just rather we wait until Iger leaves, and take my chances that his replacement doesn't have this ridiculous mandate that everything have to be franchise based.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Well said choco choco.

If the roller coaster can replace that horrible semi Who Wants to be a Superstar reskin attraction, I am cool with it. Otherwise, jasmine is also right... what do the Monsters have to do with California in terms of being a whole land? Being next to Bug's Land and Cars Land. it just reinforces the Disney Pixar Adventure concept.

• Munchings & Crunchings

DCA would then have 3 Pixar lands within it. Then, Toy Story Mania too. So, it would be pretty heavily a Pixar park. They should just move Buzz Lightyear AstroBlasters over to DCA too while they're at it to keep it all together...

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast