What is current relationship between Al Lutz and MiceAge?

I am curious to know what is going on with Al and MiceAge? I have done searches on the board, and I see two recent threads that were closed by moderators. The gist of the questions seemed to be where is Al's column? The responses were to wait until today. I was happy to see another column, I was hoping to get the answer to this question...

Is Al stepping aside from his association with MiceAge?

It seems like his presence is getting removed from the site. Even the new article seems to be distancing itself from Al.

I have no horse in the race, nor axe to grind. I have met Al before. I certainly respect all of his hard work in the Disney pundit category. I guess he is the Roger Ebert of Disney critics.

Anyway, I am still interested in understanding what can be told. I hope (unlike Ebert), you are in good health and continue to share your history and insight with the rest of us!

Re: What is current relationship between Al Lutz and MiceAge?

I don't think so, since he is the co-founder.
    Also this thread should be moved somewhere elsewhere.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 04-09-2013 at 12:02 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Today's article was written by "Miceage Staff" with a note from Al at the end.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Thanks for everyones concern about Al. Dusty posted this on the Update in the comments section:

Al mentioned at the bottom that this report was pulled together by the MiceAge crew. Al is unable to write these updates alone due to chronic health issues. He has requested that the articles be published under the “MiceAge” name so all the folks who contribute are recognized and so these updates can continue regardless of his health. He hopes to continue contributing for a long time, but if that is not possible, his legacy will continue with these MiceAge updates. We are so thankful that we were able to award him his honorary window in February, and that he was able to attend the ceremony.

Al is still very much involved with MiceChat and MiceAge, and has been working with members of the staff getting out his updates when he has information to share. While we appreciate the interest, please know that Al is working behind the scenes as always, he just has other members of the team doing some of the "manual labor" for him. He will continue to provide the community with updates and insight as his time and energy allow. If there is more information to be shared, you guys will be the first to know. Until then, please respect Al's privacy and the team will continue to keep you informed as to any news in the resort.

Thank you everyone for understanding.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Is Al Lutz transitioning himself out of posting updates?

If you notice a few things about Al's update this week...

First off.. it's not 'Al's anymore.. It's a 'Miceage Update' - instead of an Al Lutz column

This is reflected in the titling done and the tags and other metadata on the article.

Second, Al mentions in his signoff about Dusty and the Miceage crew about keeping the updates coming.

It's clear Al's posting rate has dropped considerably over the last year+.

So what's the real story? Are we going to see less of the persona that founded Miceage and more 'sourced' material wrapped up into updates like the other blogs on the site?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Is Al Lutz transitioning himself out of posting updates?

A current update on the state of things may be found here:

What is current relationship between Al Lutz and MiceAge?

"Al is still very much involved with MiceChat and MiceAge, and has been working with members of the staff getting out his updates when he has information to share. While we appreciate the interest, please know that Al is working behind the scenes as always, he just has other members of the team doing some of the "manual labor" for him. He will continue to provide the community with updates and insight as his time and energy allow. "
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Ryborg

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Somebody asked a similar question in the 'MiceAge Update' article and this was what Dusty responded:

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Al mentioned at the bottom that this report was pulled together by the MiceAge crew. Al is unable to write these updates alone due to chronic health issues. He has requested that the articles be published under the “MiceAge” name so all the folks who contribute are recognized and so these updates can continue regardless of his health. He hopes to continue contributing for a long time, but if that is not possible, his legacy will continue with these MiceAge updates. We are so thankful that we were able to award him his honorary window in February, and that he was able to attend the ceremony.
    I hope Al's health will improve

------
    EDIT: Oops, I didn't realize RegionsBeyond directed a link to Dusty's quote. Sorry for the repost! But I guess for those who don't want to look at the link, here's the direct quote from there.
    Last edited by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe; 04-09-2013 at 09:35 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It's sad to hear Al can not post as much as he would like, I've been visiting the site for over 7 years now...and to be honest he was one of the big reasons I joined the site, so I could talk about his rumors

Hopefully he can recover from what ever challenge he is facing right now