• Loves a tea party!

My Great Idea (feel free to add your own)

I always check out our picture after riding Splash and sometimes the expressions are just priceless! But I never buy the photo because it always has other people in it that I don't know. I don't want to pay $$ for a photo including strangers.
    So, I think it would be great if Disney would offer photos where you point out which of the people in the shot you want and the rest are replaced by images of Disney characters. How awesome would it be to look like you were riding with Mickey, Donald or Chip and Dale?
    With standard photo manipulation programs this really should not be outside of their capabilities. And I bet they'd sell a lot more photos!

• Mousketeer

Re: My Great Idea (feel free to add your own)

That is a great idea, but you probably wouldn't get a very good image from the underpaid CM. If there was a demand, it could be done pretty easily.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i dont buy pictures because of that also, what a wonderful idea. You should write your idea and put it in the disneyland mailbox

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Would it really be that difficult? Don't have each picture be individually shopped. Just have a long selection of characters and expressions in different seats. It would take time to build the library but then the rest could just be automated.

• horsin' around!

this brings back a hilarious memory....we were at Dollywood and had a ride pic taken..bought it... so, my son is in charge of holding this thing all day long....that evening he and I are walking into the guitar shop there & there's this gentleman sitting in the rocking chair outside...my son does a double take & askes this man "do i know you?", so..this conversation went on for a while & they couldn't make the connection. We go into the store & all of a sudden my son starts cracking up & goes back outside ... the guy was in our ride photo!!!

• Official Mice Chat person

Wow, that is a very good idea. You should send it into Disney. I could see this idea really becoming very popular.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

considering all the other things they can do with pictures at DL, it really shouldn't be too difficult. I think that the hardest part would be if the characters were in the front of the log - they'd need to be a bit smaller so as not to take over the picture.

Has anyone else seen the way they can add Tinker Bell to a photo taken in front of the Castle? We bought that one -- and they were able to move her around and resize her and everything! (they do the same thing with Stitch over at DCA)

Great idea anyway -- same thing for Space!!

• Loves a tea party!

Quote Originally Posted by ksejr1
    i dont buy pictures because of that also, what a wonderful idea. You should write your idea and put it in the disneyland mailbox
    I would but don't they automatically discard any ideas submitted by guests because they'd worry we'd turn around and sue them for using our intellectual property?

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

What a great idea AllsionWonderland! I would actually buy a photo then. And they could expand it to all the rides that have photos. Imagine, Me and Mickey on Space Mtn together... wow! That would be one of the best souvenirs to have of a trip to Disneyland.

• ...TWO BITS!

Awesome idea!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AllisonWonderland
    I would but don't they automatically discard any ideas submitted by guests because they'd worry we'd turn around and sue them for using our intellectual property?
    I think that may be the case now. Back in the mid 90s there was a link on the Disneyland website to do just this. However, before getting to the form you had to agree to the disclaimer saying it becomes their intellectual property. Or I've just made up a memory...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'd love this idea! I'd definitely start buying some photos if they did this!