Thread: Tomorrowland

Tomorrowland

"Iron Man 3" is apparently coming to Innoventions. Most current Disney fans will likely cheer this news.

SIGH.

"Tomorrow"-land now has Buzz Lightyear (not tomorrow), "Star Wars" (a long time ago), "Finding Nemo" (set in contemporary Australia), Captain EO (yesterday if there ever was one), Autopia (gas-powered cars? So 20th century) and a spinny rocket-ride. Only Space Mountain is more or less appropriately themed.

Now we'll get "Iron Man," celebrating the fictional technology of a comic-book superhero.

Can Disney just rename Tomorrowland to Crossmarketingland?

Re: Tomorrowland

EXCELLENT points.

I am looking forward to the TRON addition, if that does go through, and the restyling of Tomorrowland as a whole that's supposed to go with it. Until humans make it into The Grid, TRON will always be something of the future Plus I think the look and feel of both the original TRON film and Legacy are both awesome.

• Filmmaker

For good or for ill Tomorrowland has shifted focus from an exhibition of plausible future technology to a celebration of science fiction stories. I honestly don't mind the change too much; Disneyland has always had its theme planted squarely in the realms of fiction so going for a more sci-fi approach to Tomorrowland works for me (besides, we have EPCOT for the more exhibitionary stuff, or at least we used to *sigh*).

That being said, I don't think you'll find anyone who thinks Tomorrowland couldn't use at least a little help. It is very much a mish-mash of ideas currently, and a conceptual throughline to help establish a consistent theme is desperately needed.

Star Tours and Space Mountain are both here to stay, and I don't think there's anything ill-fitting of either attraction for the Tomorrowland setting (yeah, Star Wars technically takes place "a long time ago" but that's mostly just lip service, it's very much a science fiction story featuring technology far beyond what we're capable of today on Earth). Nemo is also here to stay, and though it's more problematic in terms of theming, I'm still just happy to have the subs back, and I'd rather have an un-ideal form of that attraction than to see it paved over for something else.

When it comes time for a re-theme of the land EO will likely be the first thing to go; it was always very clearly a placeholder, and I'd rather have a harmless bit of nostalgia as a placeholder than the extremely tired Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. Buzz is a fun attraction, but that could also very easily be on the chopping block. Autopia by all means has no place in modern Tomorrowland, but it still is a popular attraction amongst younger guests, as well as the final circa 1955 attraction in Tomorrowland, so unfortunately that will likely be sticking around.

As for Iron Man, I know there's a contigency of people who are dead set against Marvel being in the parks in any form, but in my opinion Iron Man is a perfect fit for Tomorrowland. It has one foot in science fiction while still having an element of old Tomorrowland exhibition of future technology. There's a deliberate focus on clean energy and the Stark Expo with its theme by Robert Sherman is a wonderful tribute to the classic Walt Disney view of futurism. An Iron Man attraction, especially one housed in the former Carousel Theater would be an absolutely wonderful addition to Tomorrowland and I very much hope they proceed with those plans.

• Team Hail HYDRA

We do know the monorail will stay too. They could dig down around the support. That is what they were going to do for Winnie The Pooh when it would of gone in the motor boat cruise

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Parking Lot > DCA

To the OP, it's a temporary exhibit. It will be here and gone before you know it.

Don't expect anything new and revolutionary to come out of Tomorrowland for quite some time. In the meantime, this will at least get bodies into Innoventions for a while.

• Team Hail HYDRA

The only reason I go in to Innoventions right now is to document it

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Familymemories

Hoping it will still be there when we go the beginning of June
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop