Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Quick trip to Long Lost Friends/Limited Time Magic!

I had a chance to head to Disneyland today. My destinations: the new Fantasy Faire and the Limited Time Magic Long Lost Friends event. The park was very quiet. I'd seen it listed as a 7 in terms of crowds, but most of the rides were walk-ons or had very short lines. Space Mountain seemed to be hovering between 30 - 60 minutes. I LOVE the new Fastpass rules: when I went back to Space for my Fastpass return in the evening, well, for once it was fast, and the standy line seemed to be moving too.

Fantasy Faire: I thought it was absolutely adorable, amazingly well constructed and designed and a wonderful addition to the park. The theater was filled to capacity and the performance was already in progress so I didn't get to see an entire show, but from what I did see of Beauty and the Beast, it was excellent and well received. I loved little Figaro, the music box and these "wanted" posters in the corridor.

Name:  wanted2.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  103.5 KBName:  wanted.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  111.6 KB

Long Lost Friends:
    Heads up: you can't get to BTR from Frontierland. The only way in is via Fantasyland, and then the path closes right after the ranch. It might be obvious because of the construction, but it might not be.

It was really packed. The CMs told me that it was the quietest it had been all day: apparently a lot of people had stayed around to try to get every single group of characters. They had them rotating out every 30 minutes.

They had five areas set up with characters. Capt Hook might want to get over to the BTR this week because I spotted some pals of his...Flora, Fauna and Merriweather...
    Name:  ffm.jpg
Size:  167.5 KB

Ludwig von Drake and Scrooge McDuck (yes, I have edited myself out of this photo. I am not comfortable putting myself online)
    Name:  scroogcrop.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  134.2 KB

When it was time for the characters to change, a barker came out and announced the new arrivals. They had entrance music and lined up in front of the crowd to say hello before going to their stations. The backdrops and signs at each station changed.

Name:  llf.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  162.1 KB

I was confused when I was handed these cards, but the barker explained that since it was so crowded, the characters couldn't sign autographs. Instead they were giving out these pre-signed cards for each set of characters.
    Name:  llf2.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  94.8 KBName:  llf3.jpg
Size:  104.0 KB
    The characters out for the last session were:

1. Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf
    Name:  tlpwcropped.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  146.9 KB

2. Mulan (as Ping!!) and Mushu
    3. Lilo and Stitch!!
    4. Jane and another character (I don't know Tarzan too well...some sort of monkey)
    5. Peter, Wendy, Captain Hook and Smee

Even though it was crowded the characters were taking the time to really interact with everyone. It was really a blast.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Quick trip to Long Lost Friends/Limited Time Magic!

Nice pictures, and a very thoughtful review of the day's events. Very nicely done!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Selfie Expert

Wow! I really wish they would have offered this for an entire month instead of just a week. Thank you for your report!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Wow! I really wish they would have offered this for an entire month instead of just a week. Thank you for your report!
    Thanks Kelly and RadioBarry!

You know, I saw a bunch of people who appeared to be either office/upper management types standing around with clipboards, and one of the CMs told me that it had been astoundingly busy all day long. They had long lines for every single character. So maybe this will prompt them to do Round II at some point. I'm very grateful I was able to get there today because I won't have another chance this week.

• Nor Cal AP'er

I suggested on a Disney-fan FB page that everyone should go to City Hall and let them know how awesome this weeks promotion is! Maybe we'll get another one this year?!
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

Your photos are fantastic, thank you very much for sharing. Is Peter a rare character now? I thought he used to come out alot in fantasyland and main street.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Wow that is great, I love to see the old characters they really need to do this more often. Bring out a new batch every month going forward.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalJenn View Post
    Your photos are fantastic, thank you very much for sharing. Is Peter a rare character now? I thought he used to come out alot in fantasyland and main street.
    I think you have to bring Peter out so people will recognize Wendy.

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

How fun. I love seeing the Big Bad Wolf and Three Little Pigs out. Thanks for the pictures.
    ​ Yes

Thanks for sharing!

Wonderful pics!
    For the love of Disney....

Thanks for posting! Such a bummer they aren't signing autographs, as that's a favorite of my 5 year old.

I will definitely stop by City Hall and let them know how much we enjoy this. We are going on Friday, and again on Sunday if we can't get everyone.

•   
    • Minion

Thank you everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalJenn View Post
    Thank you! One of the things the barker mentioned was that it was rare for the characters to come out grouped together with all of the others from their story/movie. I think that was the rationale with including Peter - they had him, Wendy, Hook and Smee all together for one photo op. I think what someone said above about not recognizing Wendy without Peter also is true.

I am hoping to go this Saturday. This is the only thing I plan on doing as it is not a big deal if I don't get on any rides. I really want pictures with Uncle Scrooge and Ludwig Von Drake. Also on my wish list is the cast of Robin Hood.
    Was there just one line and it was the luck of the draw which character(s) you got to meet? or where there different lines for the different characters?

• Evil is Sexy

LOL, us too, Dazyhill. We plan on getting there early to get in line. The only other thing on our list that day is to catch the Iron Man exhibit.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast