Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The doctor is in

Re: Radiator Springs Racers still busy?

The shortest posted wait time posted during my trip last week was 60min with the longest over 90min. However, on Thursday night I was able to get on the ride in around 35min around 7:45pm. The line wasn't even long enough to go through the first holding room past the Stanley Oasis water tower.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by greeeneyes17 View Post
    Sounds like a dumb question because I assume it is, but I haven't been since it opened last June.

a) What's the average off season wait for it (I'm going next week)?
    b) When are fastpasses running out nowadays? (when I was there in June they ran out easily by 9:00 am).

thanks for the info! hoping to ride it for second time when I go next Wednesday / Thursday
    First of all, it's not off season at Disneyland. It will be the week prior to Memorial Day, which means that both Wednesday and Thursday have Grad Nites. Grad Nite no longer takes place in the evening after the park closes like it used to. Graduates now have the run of the park the entire day and into the night, which means more crowds than usual, and a lot of rowdy, unsupervised high schoolers. The Grad Nite dates for next week are May 22, 23, and 24. Considering that the 24 is the all nighter event and the kick off of the new show and a holiday weekend, you can expect all of next week to be crowded at both parks.

Radiator Springs Racers is still immensely popular. The non fast pass ride averages anywhere from 75 minutes (on a non busy day) to 3+ hours on a busy day. It takes approximately 15 minutes or less, once the line starts moving to obtain a fast pass. Get to the gate before they open it at DCA and get in line for a fast pass. With all the teens going to be there for Grad Nite, you can guarantee the fast passes will run out quickly. On a normal day, with no Grad Nite, you are very likely to get a fast pass if you are in line before 9:30 am but the earlier you get there the better.

• Cars Land Rocks!

We were there yesterday (Wednesday), the park opened at 10am, by about 10:30 - 10:45 the stand-by line was already 90 minutes. We got in line for FastPass, took probably 20 minutes to get through that line. We ended up getting FastPasses for return time between 4pm and 5pm.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by nycbhh View Post
    Do they cut off the line at park closing or do they cut off the line earlier then that?
    As with all attractions, they cut off the line when the park closes - so you can enjoy a little extra time in the park to ride!
    -Monorail Man

The single-rider line was ridiculously short the one time I went (in October, close to Halloween). I entered the park in the Early Magic Hour and witnessed a line-up ALREADY, and considered whether or not I should go on the ride at all (despite its hype). Then I noticed the small door for Single Riders, and after checking with some employees, I literally just walked the entire SR line route and got on the ride with no waiting. Very bizarre, given that the line was ALREADY an hour long, and people were already lining up for the FASTPASS BOOTH, which wasn't opening for another hour.

I was at the park Mothers Day, and the queue for RSR at 4pm was only using the last switch back shed before the merge point for Standby, Fastpass, and SingleRider. The listed wait was 55mins, but I HIGHLY doubt that was accurate. I'd say the wait was at most 25mins.

Single Rider line was at most only 15mins for most of the day! I was able to ride 5 times and 4 of the 5, I walked right up to the merge point, only having to wait in the switch backs before being assigned a row.

I was amazed, this was by far the least crowded I've seen the ride since its opened.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    I was at the park Mothers Day, and the queue for RSR at 4pm was only using the last switch back shed before the merge point for Standby, Fastpass, and SingleRider. The listed wait was 55mins, but I HIGHLY doubt that was accurate. I'd say the wait was at most 25mins.

Single Rider line was at most only 15mins for most of the day! I was able to ride 5 times and 4 of the 5, I walked right up to the merge point, only having to wait in the switch backs before being assigned a row.

I was amazed, this was by far the least crowded I've seen the ride since its opened.
    I think they keep the wait time up to accommodate for constant FP guests and single riders. Whenever they come it always slows down the standby wait.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• i believe in faeries.

my friend and i were in DCA on friday, may 3 for WOC... after the show, we decided to try and see what the wait was like for RSR. we just got in before they cut off the line... but it was the shortest we had seen all day (we waited just under an hour).

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    First of all, it's not off season at Disneyland. It will be the week prior to Memorial Day, which means that both Wednesday and Thursday have Grad Nites. The Grad Nite dates for next week are May 22, 23, and 24. Considering that the 24 is the all nighter event and the kick off of the new show and a holiday weekend, you can expect all of next week to be crowded at both parks.
    The original poster posted this on April 10, 2013 so their trip has already come and gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12