Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Post Everyday Disneyland tips and tricks for the not so everyday visitor

So how often do you go to Disneyland? Do you go into the park with any sort of game plan?

Everytime I visit I try to hit the most popular rides in the morning, during parades, fireworks shows, and an hour or two before the park closes.

What do you chatters do to get the funnest and most magical experiences out of your Disneyland trips, even during its most busiest days?

What times during the day do you recommend for going to the park when it is less crowded?

What days during the week does Disneyland tend to be less crowded on?

What attractions are a "Must Ride or See" during your visits?

• Minion

Re: Everyday Disneyland tips and tricks for the not so everyday visitor

My tip: Read your freakin' park map...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    1. So how often do you go to Disneyland?
    2. Do you go into the park with any sort of game plan?

Everytime I visit I try to hit the most popular rides in the morning, during parades, fireworks shows, and an hour or two before the park closes.

3. What do you chatters do to get the funnest and most magical experiences out of your Disneyland trips, even during its most busiest days?

4. What times during the day do you recommend for going to the park when it is less crowded?

5. What days during the week does Disneyland tend to be less crowded on?

6. What attractions are a "Must Ride or See" during your visits?
    1. Two days a year, about.
    2. Not really. Game plan is, "Make sure the kids do what they want to do."
    3. I let the park do all the work. Usually it's fun and magical. Rarely is it not. We could go to DCA and take some wind out of the magical sails, if we so desired.
    4. Same as you. Early as possible, and stay as late as possible, Somewhere in there, a break is needed. DL Hotel for dinner and a drink.
    5. Obviously, weekdays are less busy, as far away from weekends (especially long weekends) as possible. Tuesday this week and Friday last week) are likely to be busier than normal mid-week days, since plenty of guests throw an extra "not-busy" day into their trips.
    6. Oh, the mountains.
    And of course, the parades, fireworks and Fantasmic! Everyone should see those! All the time! Shorter lines for me that way.

All this information, as it gets absorbed in to the conventional wisdom, might get obsolete, as crowds fill relative vacuums.
    Sunday morning is surprisingly good, as only heathens would be there instead of church. No offense to you heathens out there, of course. You will all rot in Hell. Get thee to a church, so my lines will be shorter.
    Last edited by sediment; 01-19-2006 at 03:53 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

So how often do you go to Disneyland? Do you go into the park with any sort of game plan?
    I go as often as I can, never really go with a "game plan" unless it was a day like May 5 or July 17.

What do you chatters do to get the funnest and most magical experiences out of your Disneyland trips, even during its most busiest days?
    I relax and don't worry about riding everything. I guess thats because I only live two and a half hours away and my trips arent spread out to a once-every-couple-years basis. However, when I go I like to go and relax, I don't worry about anything and I just do whatever I or the people with me want to do at our own pace. If I am with infrequent visitors and they want to make the most out of their day we take full advantage of FastPass- getting them as often as we can and we keep in mind that we can use FP even after the time is up for any one FP if we're in a different area or at the other park.

What times during the day do you recommend for going to the park when it is less crowded?
    Off-season of course. Early mornings are definately the best and sticking around after fireworks is a good idea for lesser attraction waittimes.

What days during the week does Disneyland tend to be less crowded on?
    I used to get out of school and go a lot during weekdays with my friends ... I always thought Tues-Thurs were the best. Mondays aren't bad, but still have stragglers from the weekend crowds, and Fridays are bad because people are getting a head-start on the weekend. If it's a three-day weekend Fri-Sun avoid Thursdays or if its a three-day weekend Saturday-Monday avoid Tuesdays.

What attractions are a "Must Ride or See" during your visits?
    For me, a trip isn't really complete unless I ride The Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Indy. If I don't ride anything else I don't really mind even though I love many other attractions. But those are must-dos. When people ask me what to do when they go to DL I recommend all of the great D & E-Tickets:
    Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones Adventure, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, Peter Pan's Flight, Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, Star Tours, Space Mountain.
    And for the 50th I've been recommending that people don't miss the Disneyland: First 50 Magical Years exhibit and film or the Disney Gallery exhibit in New Orleans Square. And of course, don't miss Remember... Dreams Come True for the world - best fireworks ever.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• What, where am i?

least bussy day- tuesday's any tuesday!

I go maybe twice a month

Must ride Space Mt., Splash Mt., Big Thunder Mt., and of course Haunted Mansion!
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

• Give Peace a Chance

Up until this past year I went 2 to 3 times a week. Midweek was normally slower. I had to ride PotC, it's my favorite. I will drop everything to get my picture taken with Mickey or Stitch gotta em!
    Lunch at the BB is always fun. Indy during parades is a norm for us.
    ~ MickeysGirl o
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! o

• Banned User

ok, So I am heading there April 1st thru the 5th. I wonder, will it be ok and not to bad? I will go to knotts on Saturday as its going to b4 crowded at disneyland so Sunday is goodand tueesday,? I will go Sunday,mopnday, tuesday and wednesday then thanks

• Rock Star Minion

HM, that's the week before Easter. It will be crowded every day. Not close-the-gates crowded, but worse than I prefer it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Yeah, we went last year during easter break,it was buisy but we did well. I have to go at this time. my sister is coming to town to watch the little ones So I can take my little girl this trip.I know some schools are not out, some are this time around so maybe it will not be to bad,

• Just this guy......

I go to Disneyland resort about twice a month. My game plan changes every time depending if I go by myself, who Im with and if Im going to meet someone.

When planning a trip find out what is important to everyone that is in your party! If you have a large group dont be afraid to break into smaller groups. The park is very small compared to the Magic Kingdom at WDW and its easy to walk from one side to the other.

Tip #1 Buy your ticket in advance so that you dont have to wait in line to buy them.

Tip #2 Get to the park when it first opens. Its amazing how many rides you can go on in the first two hours before the park starts to fill up.

- - > With small kids do Peter Pan & Dumbo first and then go back and see Micky Mouse in Toontown

- - > With Teens and thrill seekers do Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, then Indy.

Tip #3 When the park is crowed take the time to see the entertainment.

I hope that helps.

• Banned User

wow, so do splash,space,indy first, what next? I love the big rides, !!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    wow, so do splash,space,indy first, what next? I love the big rides, !!
    And if the lines are to long get fast passes. Ride Matterhorn bobsleds early because the line tends to grow quick.....Unless you have a fast pass.

• Banned User

I also love big thunder, I love that ride and can ride it over and over!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I also love big thunder, I love that ride and can ride it over and over!
    I would also brink home several park maps for souveneirs. But that is just how I am.

• /sigh

And if the lines are to long get fast passes. Ride Matterhorn bobsleds early because the line tends to grow quick.....Unless you have a fast pass.
    And if you want fast pass for Space - go first thing in the morning. They run out early.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast