Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• MaliBOOMer

Re: How long is it Before they change DCA's name to Disney Pixar Adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    You know it's gonna happen but when, the theme of DCA is Pixar whether we like it or not phase 2 should be interesting, after all they did report the name change, and if Monstropolis comes to fruition it will probaly be then! I love the name DCA do You?
    Well considering the majority of the headliners are unrelated to Pixar what you said is false.

California Screamin'
    Grizzly River Run
    Soarin' over California
    Tower of Terror

Lands in DCA that are based on a theme from pixar:
    Cars Land
    Bugs Land

Lands that are not:
    Buena Vista Street
    Condor Flats
    Grizzly Peak
    Hollywoodland
    Paradise Pier
    Pacific Warf
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Unhelpful User

[QUOTE=Quentin;1056960058]Well considering the majority of the headliners are unrelated to Pixar what you said is false.

California Screamin'
    Grizzly River Run
    Soarin' over California
    Tower of tower

Most would say

Radiators Spring Racers
    Toy Story Midway mania
    and the future Monstropolis ride

• MaliBOOMer

Most would say

Radiators Spring Racers
    Toy Story Midway mania
    and the future Monstropolis ride
    The Monstropolis ride is not a sure thing. At this point nothing more than a Rumor. So that makes only two of six. Less than half. Not enough to call the park "Pixar themed"
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    The Monstropolis ride is not a sure thing. At this point nothing more than a Rumor. So that makes only two of six. Less than half. Not enough to call the park "Pixar themed"
    Yeah do you see the new trend they're going with lately ! #pixar

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Yeah do you see the new trend they're going with lately ! #pixar
    I'd love to hear why you don't want Pixar in DCA. You didn't really specify any reason. I've been waiting to hear your side but you haven't stated any.

• New Member Goes Forth

My dad says it is Pixar land, but personally, if a DHS was dedicated to Lucas film, such as Indiana Jones and Star Wars, would we call it Lucasland...
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    Haha, that's quite a chart! Thanks for that! But if you add the total Disney and Pixar attractions, how come it only adds up to 30 if there's a total of 36 attractions?
    Yeah, I wanted to detail that but I didn't have time. The numbers look a little funny because there are non-Disney non-Pixar rides like Soarin and Screamin, as well as the oddity that is the Animation building housing multiple attractions but being themed externally to a neutral Hollywood-ish style. The chart also didn't format the way I wanted, but that's okay, it got the point across: Pixar attractions outnumber Disney 17 to 13, and I think I missed the Pixar Parade. If you add the new Monster's attraction and count the Parade, it's 19 to 13.

The thing I think DCAfanatic and others may be missing is the core message of the parks over the last few years: One Disney. Disney's California Adventure? Yes, yes it is, where they helped launch and subsequently took over Pixar studios. The last 20 years of Disney have been tied to this company in such a way that the general public has considered them One Disney from the get go. When the fight occurred and Pixar was talking about leaving Disney before the takeover, most people were surprised that they weren't part of Disney already.

I don't believe the park will be renamed with the One Disney mentality, but also largely based on Buena Vista St. The front entry cost so much and took so much time, they aren't likely to try to retheme it again. If they renamed, Buena Vista would not fit, nor would the west side of the park: Condor Flats, Grizzly Peak, Pacific Wharf, and Paradise Pier. Yes, Pixar has a huge influence in the park, but in the last 20 years they've had a huge influence on Disney. It fits, despite people being upset about how they work those things into what they believe is supposed to be a California theme.

I'd much rather see them do something else with Hollywoodland, someone in another thread suggested Rocketeer. I couldn't agree more. I think the plan for "Monster's Land" is going to be dependent on the success of Monster's University. It's likely to be successful by most studio standards, but whether it's successful by Pixar standards is tough to say. Numbers like Bug's Life? Well...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234