Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Fifthrider's trip to Club 33 and 1901

Wow, an AMAZING review! I read every line of it and I have to say it does sound like one of those experiences of a lifetime if you are a hardcore Disneyland fan! And to do so much with such great access to the shows, rides and of course Club 33 and 1901 is pretty cool!

Honestly I never understood why people pay so much to experince Club 33. I never really got it. I still dont COMPLETLY get it lol (but when you dont have a lot of money you just always think where all of that money for a membership can go to instead) but seeing these kinds of experiences as part of it, I now understand its not really just about the restaurant and getting in DL anytime you want, it really is about a complete VIP experience all over the parks, at least a few times a year. So ok, I guess I finally understand it. Still wouldnt do it lol, but yes, I definitely wouldnt turn it down if it was offered to me either.

And you are right about having a 'Mr. Smith' who is someone who goes out of their way to do something extra special for people because they are fans and just want to be generous people. I try not to mention my personal life here when I do write, but I recently had my own 'Mr. Smith' (long time friend) in my life who treated me to a 6 day cruise on the Disney Fantasy ship to the Carribean. All paid for and not only that, I got to stay in the Walter E. Disney suite, the biggest and classiest room on the entire ship and it was VIP treatment every night. Even had our own concierge. I never been on a cruise in my life before. So to be on a Disney cruise and to be given VIP treatment for doing nothing but just having to know a 'Mr. Smith' is one of those things you dont take for granted when it happens. In fact, it was that cruise I took about a month and a half ago now that sort of energized my interest in Disney again and got me posting a little bit more on these boards.

So I get you 100%! I was given a week to doing something I never thought I would ever do in my life. And for it to be such an enhanced experience and basically all free for me just makes you think you are living in a dream world (of course all the alcohol I drunk that week made me realize I'm still in the real world woke up when I woke up every day lol). All because one person just wanted to be nice. Thats the real thing people should take away from it. Not really just the experience, but because someone had an amazing heart to give you that experience.

Anyway thanks for the review.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 04-11-2013 at 04:39 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I forgot that I originally also meant to comment on your picture showing the restroom location inside 1901. The blue sign indicating where the restrooms were sort of threw me off because it seemed to break theme quite a bit. In an atmosphere so dedicated to theme and time period preservation, I would have hoped to see maybe a more elaborate sign?
    Yeah, I know. Weird, right? I'd expect a 1920's or 30's Mickey and Minnie. Nope, just a stock standard men's room placard. It's the only thing there that feels out of place.

WorldDisney, I totally get where you're coming from. Congrats on your own 1-week Disney Cruise. If you haven't written about it yet, I'd love to hear about it. I do agree that most average joes wouldn't spend that money, self included, but then again I can't talk. I may live with room-mates and survive off of grocery coupons and the cheapest gas I can afford, and yet I own a car that cost me almost six figures to build. I've seen pics of me in my own car on Instagram with captions like "spoiled rich guy" but they have no idea I filled the tank thanks to the change I scrounged from the glovebox. Sooner or later we all get tied up into something like this.

To focus one's resources to get a Club 33 membership now makes perfect sense to me, especially if you go as many days as possible just to get your money's worth. If I were in Mr. Smith's position I'd probably do the same thing. I'd invite a lot of people but just the ones who appreciate it. My ex-girlfriend never got the significance of Club 33big deal so taking her would have resulted in a response like "It's a restaurant, big deal." I'd never want anyone in there with that demeanor.
    Last edited by fifthrider; 04-11-2013 at 07:02 PM.

• happiest bride on earth

GREAT report! Thanks so much for sharing!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy."

"There is really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward - opening up new doors and doing new things - because we're curious. And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. We're always exploring and experimenting. We call it 'Imagineering' - the blending of creative imagination with technical know-how."

-Walt Disney

• Unhelpful User

Wow the Disneyland Resort trip from the other side?

Glad you guys had fun and was worth every penny.

• Banned User

I still don't understand why it's so hard for people to get reservations at blue bayou. Sure I know people try at last minute thinking they could get in only to realize they will have to wait or even if they attempt & try the same day they get shot down as it's booked as is unless someone cancels of course. Sorry i know it's off topic but i noticed it mentioned regarding the proposal sentence.

I too wish i had such opportunity to visit club 33, 1901 & the room above pirates of the carribbean. Knowing how the missus is, she's bonkers for disney stuff & has been collecting stuff (the movies & other small trinkets) for years. I myself am bananas for Tron related stuff as I relate much to the computer world in my job role. That was the best birthday experience i had when electronica was going on opening weekend (and several visits thereafter before it's closing) I can only imagine having visited these places while that event was going on. Boy would that be Fantasmic (sorry had to throw it in as was convenient)

Knowing her for the past 9 years & having the courage to propose is probably going to be interesting especially in the venue I've chosen though it is original (SD County Fair plus an egg & the story behind easter, not in the church sense but other traditions), i can only imagine how giddy she would be if it were bound to occur at any of the aforementioned venues. I think i'd wind up having to take her to the ER
    Last edited by whydoyoucare; 04-12-2013 at 01:47 AM. Reason: fix

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Fifthrider,
    Thanks for pointing this out to me! I never would have thought to look for it!

I'm so glad you got to experience this! And I'm a bit jealous but so glad for you!

All the talk about the Pet Cemetery, I may ask a CM about it my next visit. I'm sure The Boy would get a kick out of it.

Thanks for sharing your experience and photos!

Amazing! What an awesome way to get people to pay it forward! "Mr. Smith" is onto something...

Maybe someday I will get the same opportunity

What an AMAZING experience! Thank you for sharing! One day, I hope to have the opportunity to experience it. For now, I will keep dreaming!

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

Walt Disney

What an adventure you had and a dream come true! I have been obsessed with someday finding out for myself what it would be like to dine at Club 33, so thank you for sharing your experience. For a moment, it made me think, 'It could happen to me?'

The fact that the whole experience was the result of a random act of kindness makes it even sweeter, I'm sure! I love it when I have the opportunity to hear of truly generous and thoughtful people like *Mr. Smith*. I remember about 4 years ago when I was VERY pregnant with my daughter, I was having lunch with my husband and at a table next to us were two older gentlemen (twins). I don't know what my husband and I talked about over lunch or if the brothers heard our conversation at all... but they finished before us and left. When it came time for our check to come, the waitress told us that the brothers had paid for our lunch! It made me feel so good inside... I wasn't able to thank them, but I will never forget it.

*Mr. Smith* is truly an inspiration to us all and so the ripple effect continues....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Getting jealous is easy, it takes a bit more to be happy for someone else.
    Beautiful.

And sorry I posted twice... I thought my first comment didn't save, so I posted again when I had more time! So, now, sorry I posted a third time! LOL! I'll get the hang of this at some point!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123