• Minion

Instead of a water park, how about an adventure park?

Since the chances of a water park are very limited, how about an adventure park similar to Discovery Cove in Orlando

from theneverland files:

Night Kingdom
    A high priced, limited entry adventure park, featuring upclose encounters with animals, and low capacity thrills such as ziplining and cave exploration. Became Disney's Jungle Trek.
    The Neverland Files: Other Walt Disney World Projects

I'd love to see something like this (minus the high priced park part). It doesn't have to necessarily have animals either, just a unique non theme park experience similar to this rumor Disney Gossip: Star Wars Boutique Park Considered for Walt Disney World

So, what do you say? Would you enjoy a smaller park with unique experiences (that aren't rides) for DLR?

Re: Instead of a water park, how about an adventure park?

You're not going to find a small boutique park without a high price. The point is to balance the market. If the park can only accept a few thousand people a day (which would be necessary to create a "premium" experience, just like Discovery Cove) than including it with a Park-Hopper ticket makes zero sense. The price would need to be set high to balance the number of visitors who would be able to experience it.
    I believe I chose the life of a tomb raider, because
    I'm addicted to the excitement that comes when life hangs in the balance.
    Famous last words.

• Minion

Ahhh i see, it would still be interesting to have a non theme park experience at dl

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Once upon a time a source told me everything going forward was going to be "boutique", read "high end", from hotels to the third park.

• Minion

^that sounds interesting, hopefully your source is right

•   

From a certain point of view this has already been done. Down here in San Diego we just recently endured the name of Wild Animal Park being changed to "Safari Park". Many of us locals don't care for that name change at all, but at least I know why they did it. They turned the park from a zoo into an adventure park, similar to what you described. Now there's two different sets of ziplines and you can choose different safaris. Granted, there's no cave exploration but on occasion they have a coniferous forest filled with automated dinosaurs so you know, there's always that.

Tram safari - Ride around the paved surfaces that go between animal enclosures on a long tram.
    Cart safari - or do the same thing from a cart for about 8 people.
    Cheetah safari - Smear raw meat on yourself and go inside the Cheetah cage
    Jungle ropes safari - Suspended bridges, ropes to swing by, various obstacle course things
    Behind the scenes - See real live zookeepers on a smoke break or reading the newspaper.
    Flightline - A 2/3 mile long zipline over animal enclosures. I'm pretty sure it goes over the tigers or damned close to it. At Jurassic Park that called this the "automated feeder" for some reason.
    Caravan safari - Ride around on carvan trucks into the animal enclosures themselves.
    Roar & snore safari - Sleep overnight on a plot of land located between the lion, cheetah and tiger enclosures. Seems reasonable.
    Ultimate Safari - I see no description on their website but since this is the highest price VIP tour I would imagine you get to hunt the most interesting sport of all, humans.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    Tram safari Free with admission (admission price $44) - Ride around the paved surfaces that go between animal enclosures on a long tram.
    Cart safari $40 additional charge per person - or do the same thing from a cart for about 8 people.
    Cheetah safari $40 addl. per person - Smear raw meat on yourself and go inside the Cheetah cage
    Jungle ropes safari $45 addl. per person- Suspended bridges, ropes to swing by, various obstacle course things
    Behind the scenes $70 addl. per person- See real live zookeepers on a smoke break or reading the newspaper.
    Flightline $70 addl. per person-A 2/3 mile long zipline over animal enclosures. I'm pretty sure it goes over the tigers or damned close to it. At Jurassic Park that called this the "automated feeder" for some reason.
    Caravan safari $95 (and up) addl. per person- Ride around on carvan trucks into the animal enclosures themselves.
    Roar & snore safari $140 (and up) addl. per person - Sleep overnight on a plot of land located between the lion, cheetah and tiger enclosures. Seems reasonable.
    Ultimate Safari $599 (and up) addl. per person - I see no description on their website but since this is the highest price VIP tour I would imagine you get to hunt the most interesting sport of all, humans.
    Fixed that for you only because my friend works for the zoological society and the word is that their taking a lot of heat from guests about the pay for play adventure program and their lack of transparency in the ads for Safari Park. The good news is that as the public begins to see the prices of these packages before planning their trips this should make the prices go down a bit.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

•   

Thanks. I'm a diamond club member myself so it hurts to even call WAP a "zoo" since it's pretty much the opposite; you're in the cage, they're roaming free.

I can imagine how people may think it's free but thankfully there's a huge sign at the entrance to WAP ( or, ahem "Safari Park", God that grinds my teeth ) that spells it out. A day in that park isn't cheap unless you go with just the tram ride.

I remember Lion Country Safari's waning days before closure and it was terrible to see the place in it's death throes. About 5+ years ago I got that same vibe from WAP and feared it was just a matter of time until they suddenly announce they're closing. In an effort to survive it seems they've pulled an Eisner ( Can I use that term? Pulling an Eisner? ) and did what was necessary to bring in more cash flow. Who knows how long this will last for?

Back on topic, maybe Imaginashton has a good idea after all. Make an entire park a one-fee admission and basically copy ( and improve ) what.... safari park, is trying to do. Add some caves, some walk-through experiences, some driving experiences, something with a boat, etc. Disney it up and you could have a winner.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Once upon a time a source told me everything going forward was going to be "boutique", read "high end", from hotels to the third park.

I could see that fitting into Disney's plans.
    For the love of Disney....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    From a certain point of view this has already been done. Down here in San Diego we just recently endured the name of Wild Animal Park being changed to "Safari Park". Many of us locals don't care for that name change at all, but at least I know why they did it. They turned the park from a zoo into an adventure park, similar to what you described. Now there's two different sets of ziplines and you can choose different safaris. Granted, there's no cave exploration but on occasion they have a coniferous forest filled with automated dinosaurs so you know, there's always that.

Tram safari - Ride around the paved surfaces that go between animal enclosures on a long tram.
    Cart safari - or do the same thing from a cart for about 8 people.
    Cheetah safari - Smear raw meat on yourself and go inside the Cheetah cage
    Jungle ropes safari - Suspended bridges, ropes to swing by, various obstacle course things
    Behind the scenes - See real live zookeepers on a smoke break or reading the newspaper.
    Flightline - A 2/3 mile long zipline over animal enclosures. I'm pretty sure it goes over the tigers or damned close to it. At Jurassic Park that called this the "automated feeder" for some reason.
    Caravan safari - Ride around on carvan trucks into the animal enclosures themselves.
    Roar & snore safari - Sleep overnight on a plot of land located between the lion, cheetah and tiger enclosures. Seems reasonable.
    Ultimate Safari - I see no description on their website but since this is the highest price VIP tour I would imagine you get to hunt the most interesting sport of all, humans.
    Completely forgot about Safari Park. I've only been once, but i still loved. Maybe it can be a boutique park that zeros in on a certain area/biome rather than multiple ones. Or maybe a mix of actual animals and imaginary almost like a small beastly kingdom.

Still wishing they bring DisneySea to the US. I'd prefer that over a water park, and it'd be sort of an Adventure park too.
    Walt Disney World Off-Site January 2001, Off-Site July 2001, Off-Site January 2003, All-Star Movies January 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2007, Cabins at Fort Wilderness July 2010, Port Orleans Riverside August 2013.

Disneyland Paradise Pier October 2011, Grand Californian December 2012 .

Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel June 2012 :wizard:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0960612&type=3