Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• my favorite sociopath

Red Face Missing hand stamp

Planning to go again in June. I remembered last time I had left the park to take a nap. I did get my hand stamped at the turnstile, but after I woke up, my stamp was missing. At the park the lady at the turnstile looked at me suspecily, but let me in. I did have my ticket. If I have a midday nap, can I ask them to stamp a sheet of paper instead?

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Missing hand stamp

How does a handstamp "disappear?"

Nowadays, you get your picture taken at the front entrance so that your face is connected to the ticket.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• my favorite sociopath

I have no idea, I didn't wash my hands and I didn't see any ink on my clothes or blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by NemoVir View Post
    ...can I ask them to stamp a sheet of paper instead?
    That would defeat the purpose of the handstamp, since the sheet of paper and single day ticket could be used by anyone.
    Multiday tickets are linked to pictures, so there will be less of an issue should your handstamp go "missing".

Before there were pictures taken for multi-day tickets, we always lost our stamps when we went swimming at the hotel after lunch. We were sometimes asked to show pictures of ourselves in the parks from that day on our cell phones.

• The doctor is in

I've washed my hands, been on water rides, and gone in swimming pools after being stamped and I never had a problem with it coming off. I always see it when I go in the dark rides, too. Especially the ones in Fantasyland that use all the black lights.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

I wonder if there are some hand sanitizers, hand creams or sun screens that will remove a hand stamp?

interestingly I saw two teenaged boys try to get in to DCA but didn't know they needed a handstamp when they park hopped, the CM had them show her pictures of themselves in the parks that were dated today from their cell phones to prove they were in DL just before... IDK if this is regular procedure or not but it was the first time I'd seen this. Also isn't the handstamp supposed to disappear. I always remember not seeing mine unless it was under a black light.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Three years ago, me and my friends left Disneyland to go over to California Adventure the three of us all got hand-stamps, but decided to head to Downtown Disney to eat first. After we finished, we all went to the Grand Californian Hotel to enter into DCA at the entrance. That's when they checked our hands for hand-stamps and they COULDN'T find any trace of stamp under the black light on us.

So they figured that one of the cast member that stamped our hands forgot to refill his stamp pad.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by gary94080 View Post
    I wonder if there are some hand sanitizers, hand creams or sun screens that will remove a hand stamp?
    Yes. Hand sanitizer and sunscreen tend to take it off. Rubbing alcohol is what they use to clean the ground if they spill it, so high alcohol (and similar) content products do the same.

They can also strip the "printing" off your annual pass. It looks funny when someone comes up with an AP that has the barcode basically wiped off.

Conversely, I'm always surprised when I see people giving CMs a hard time because they want in with no ticket, just a hand stamp. What kind of rinky dink carnival do they think DL is?

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    Yes. Hand sanitizer and sunscreen tend to take it off. Rubbing alcohol is what they use to clean the ground if they spill it, so high alcohol (and similar) content products do the same.
    This. When we left Disneyland last year to nap, the CM who stamped our hand told us not to use hand sanitizer or it would take the stamp off.

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    Conversely, I'm always surprised when I see people giving CMs a hard time because they want in with no ticket, just a hand stamp. What kind of rinky dink carnival do they think DL is?
    I've seen this a few times as well.

• Refugee from a island

First, the CM may not have had enough ink on the stamp. As for how the stamp is used... To the best of my knowledge, it has nothing to do with who is using the ticket. It is a precursor step for capacity issues. Those with hand stamps get back into the parks first, when they are at or near capacity, since they have already been in... At least that is my understanding.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

I dunno, every time I got a hand stamp, it usually comes off pretty easily for me. I used to have an AP and went pretty often. Every time I went to the parks, I always got a hand stamp just for fun (I like to know what the stamp is for the day! Anybody else do this? No? Just me? Okay, I'll walk myself out ). It seems like when I wash my hands just once the stamp is already coming off! It bleeds away and it's barely distinguishable under black light. I never put sunblock or lotion on and the only thing I would wipe on my hands is soap from Disney's bathrooms. Maybe sweat affects the stamps too? Or maybe my skin just doesn't absorb the ink *shrug*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast