• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

Talking Long Lost Friends aka Tears Everywhere Day

I have never been so freakin' excited to do a TR! I waited like a mad woman for this week. This one and Pirate's week were/are at the top of my list and I can't even believe how amazing ONE DAY was! There was definite magic in the air. And in my eyes ;3;

~I apologize in advance because this is gonna be REALLY long and detailed~

So I actually ended up getting to the park much later than I had intended to >.< I worked a closing shift the night before and my body was just not having it so I got to the parks at 2:30 :/ I wasted no time at all and headed straight for BTR. As someone mentioned in another TR, the construction on BTMRR has caused the trail to be blocked off so you've gotta do the whole thing where you go the other way around through Fantasyland. I didn't even mind as long as I got there haha

So I showed up and literally had no idea who I wanted to see first.*

*As a note, they rotate the characters out every half hour.

Group A (at least I think they were first) consisted of:
    • Lilo & Stitch
    • Terk & Jane
    • Peter, Wendy, Hook, and Smee
    • Ping (Mulan) & Mushu
    • Big Bad Wolf & the 3 little pigs (Fiddler, Fifer, and Practical)

Group B (which was the one I was most excited for) consisted of:

• The 3 Good Fairies (Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather)
    • Pocahontas, John Smith, Meeko, and Gov. Ratcliffe
    • Clopin, Esmeralda, and Judge Frollo
    • Scrooge McDuck & Prof. Ludwig Von Drake
    • Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Prince John, and the Sheriff of Nottingham

I got there right as Group A had just come in. I honestly wasn't too fussed with Lilo & Stitch as I have pictures with them so they weren't on my list. I went and got in line for Jane & Terk instead. As you wait in line a CM comes out and stands on a small stage, and much like a carnival barker, spiels out info about the event. He first comes on to introduce all the characters in a line up before they all move to their individual photo op spots, and then goes on to say that to help make sure everyone gets time with the characters, they ask that you only do ONE pose with the characters and do NOT ask for autographs. They have pre-autographed cards they hand to you afterwards. They're pretty neat and a great little memory Also, he'll come around and ask you various trivia about the characters they have out. I was crowned champ of HoND and Pocahontas from him, mostly because apart from knowing the answers, I helped other people when he asked them instead of trying to take the answer from them. Sharing knowledge is just as fun!

So my turn came and I was instantly showered with love from Terk and Jane. I didn't want to take up too much time but they were both so sweet I couldn't not talk to them! Jane asked me about my necklace and I told her "Oh! It's my best friend Sockhead Syd. He's a pirate that likes to lounge about New Orleans Square." She seemed scandalized by the fact that a young lady had a pirate for a best friend but I told her he really wasn't as bad as he likes to pretend to be ;P And then she apologized saying "Well I should know better not to judge a book by it's cover. I'm sure he's a fine gentleman." She also asked me about my septum piercing which I just love when characters ask about it haha. Then we took our picture and well, I mean, Jane's reaction was priceless and set me up for the rest of the afternoon when she saw a picture pop up out of my camera.

Name:  img073.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  181.4 KB

Her & Terk (and the CM that took the picture for me) Immediately huddled around to get a look at it. Then Jane asked me if I could take a picture of her and Terk to keep and there was NO way I could say no to that! She was so excited about it and it made my day knowing I'd made her day a little special too

I then spent some time mulling over who I wanted to meet next and decided I should stop by and visit Peter to show him my tattoo. While I was in line though they ended up switching out with the HoND crew and my stomach immediately turned a billion times over. They were my holy grail of people I wanted to meet and I got more and more nervous and anxious and giddy as time passed. Eventually it was my turn and I honestly don't even know how I walked up to them I was so excited. I tried to stay as calm as possible as I walked up to Clopin and Esmeralda with probably the most massive grin on my face ever. As soon as I got up to them they were like "Oh well you MUST be a gypsy! Look Clopin she's wearing a mask just like you!" And I just instantly started to tear up (thank frank for sunglasses!) I've been more than a little in love with Clopin since childhood and dreamt of being Esmeralda so it was a big deal for me. I told them that was such a great honor but then I had a question for Clopin I needed to get out of my system: I pretty much proposed to him LOL I asked him if I could be Queen of the Gypsies! He was taken aback and a little flustered but told me of course I could and I started crying for real which would have been embarrassing if I had a care in the world. He and Esmeralda comforted me and I just, the child in me could literally not even handle any of it lol So then we posed for our picture with Gypsy~ poses

Name:  img072.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  197.9 KB

And afterwards I got the best hugs ever. Then I slinked my way over to Frollo because he was feeling a little neglected. He put his hand out but I asked for a hug instead (I've got a weird love for him too ok don't judge me :P) and he hesitantly did so but I got it and it was the best because the CM got a photo of it

Name:  frollo.JPG
Views: 616
Size:  124.4 KB

Perfect people <3

So I was honestly a little shaky after this so I needed to go sit for a spell to compose myself. The next rotation came back again and I figured I should go get in line for Peter Pan. I've seen and met Peter before, but not in the time since I've gotten my Peter Pan tattoo, so I figured now was as good a time as ever to go show him. When I showed it to him he and Wendy were in complete awe. He said "So that's where my shadow goes to hide! Clever guy, he knew I'd never think to look for him behind somebody's ear!" and then they asked me if he gets me in trouble or is a bother, but I reassured them he's quite tame and just whispers Neverland secrets and stories into my ear because I can't go anymore. It made them sad when I said that but happy when they realized I could still be a part of it thanks to Peter's shadow. And he boasted about the fact that i obviously loved his story very much haha Then Hook and Smee caught a glimpse of my necklace and got excited. They seemed to recognize the Sockheaded scoundrel on it haha When I told Peter about it he was just as scandalized as Jane and said "How can you be best friends with a pirate?!" and Wendy asked me "You're not a pirate are you?" It was really adorable but I ended up in the good graces of both parties so all was well

Name:  pp - Copy.JPG
Views: 612
Size:  114.5 KB

So then after that I got in line for Terk and Jane again because I knew the Pocahontas group would be back and that line was already really long. That definitely was a bit of an issue and the reason why you will spend a good chunk of time here if you want to meet everybody. It'll take you a couple of rotations to get to the characters but I do promise it's worth it!

Pocahontas was next on my list. Quite frankly I wasn't really sure what to say to her but then I remembered the tiny Pocahontas charm I carry in my wallet and then I knew what to talk about Everyone loved it when I showed it to them. John thought it was the most adorable thing ever and Meeko wanted to keep it. John made a comment that I must obviously keep it there as a reminder to be a little free spirited which honestly brought a tear to my eye. Pocahontas, much like HoND, means a lot to me and definitely shaped me as a person. Then Ratcliffe got a hold of my wallet and tried to steal my debit card which was hilarious when I made a point to say there was hardly any money on it and he promptly gave it back lol Then when went to take the picture John asked me if I'd like to hold his arm and I died because I love him so much (sorry Poca!)

Name:  img073 - Copy.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  199.1 KB

And then Meeko and Pocahontas had to go check out the picture as it popped out lol

So the last rotation of the day came back out and I just had to try to get at least two more groups in. I got in line at the perfect time for Ping and Mushu. May I just say that Mulan/Ping that day was absolutely adorable! I loved her and I completely believed it was her. So then I asked her if we could take a picture of us dishonoring the floor. (literally the best joke in the whole movie and never fails to make me laugh) She laughed and got excited and said "oh of course!"

Name:  img072 - Copy.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  199.6 KB
    ALL OF THE DISHONOR

After that I had just enough time to get to the 3 little pigs & BBW. Now idk if it's just my natural "side with the villain" mentality or the fact that I read that "True Story Of the 3 Little Pigs" book so much as a kid, but I've always had a helluva love for BBW <3 I went up and gave each pig a hug and then gave the biggest one to BBW and he gave me a big ol' lick. I asked him if we could take a picture of us both going for the pigs and he got so excited and agreed.

Name:  bbw - Copy.JPG
Views: 606
Size:  119.8 KB Name:  img073 - Copy (2).jpg
Views: 605
Size:  188.7 KB

It was the actual best haha

So by then it was nearly 5:30 and I couldn't get in line for anyone else. The best thing though was at the end Jane saw me as she was walking backstage and came over to give me a hug and a thank you for the picture. I asked her if it came out ok and she said it was perfect and she was going to frame it. That ended my day on such a high note. (also all of the CM's reaction to my camera lol)

I saw a lot of important looking people with clip boards hanging around the whole time I was there so I hope it means good things! There was no way you couldn't notice how great the turnout was. I wasn't expecting that much for a Tuesday afternoon so I can't even imagine how it may be over the weekend.

I plan to go back again this Friday to catch the groups I missed and get one last hurrah with my Gypsy King and the Poca crew :P It was honestly the best day I've had at the park since my birthday and I mean it completely when I say I was caught up in the magic. I usually am anyways, but it was such a big deal with these characters and I am SO grateful to Disney for doing this.

And here are those autograph cards I was talking about (The CM forgot to give me a Peter Pan one)

Name:  Picture 60.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  55.6 KB
    Name:  Picture 61.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  85.9 KB
    Last edited by ZomBats; 04-11-2013 at 02:08 AM.

• Selfie Expert

Re: Long Lost Friends aka Tears Everywhere Day

Sooooo great!!! I love your reactions and appreciate the detail! Such a great experience. I'm so happy for you!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Thanks Kelly! I still can't get over it and this was on TUESDAY! haha

Great pics!
    For the love of Disney....

I went yesterday and it was amazing. My sister made Frollo mad and it was great because it got Esmeralda to defend us.... I sadly didnt make it to Peter Pan Pocahontas and the fairies but got to everyone else. Was the first time I saw a lot of these characters out and it was so unique I wish Disney takes notice and keeps them out more.

If they do another lost characters I hope they add yzma ad kuzco I never got the chance to see them

• Mrs. J. Depp

Polaroids!! Gahhh so vintage and cool love it!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Wow, you are such a great fan. I bet you made their day! These characters have to be touched by the wonderful people they meet and the stories they get to exchange at the end of the day.

• Queen Elsa

I know what you mean by not getting all the characters I was in Pocahontas line twice and both times I couldn't meet John. I think out of all the lines for all the characters Pocahontas was the longest of them all. I of chourse when back twice for the Good Fairies which I had a good time with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I know what you mean by not getting all the characters I was in Pocahontas line twice and both times I couldn't meet John. I think out of all the lines for all the characters Pocahontas was the longest of them all. I of chourse when back twice for the Good Fairies which I had a good time with them.
    Oh I completely agree! The Pocahontas line was easily the longest all day. I was the last person they saw before they rotated out for the last time. And I'm so glad you got to meet the good fairies! I'm going back tomorrow to get the last groups I missed and to see John and Clopin one more time :3

• Queen Elsa

Not to sure if I get to go back anymore this week but I hope I do so I can get John Smith and see my 3 Fairies with my other Aurora shirt that I haven't wore yet this year.

Very cool photos, looks like you had a great time Is it just me or do some of the people playing the characters look familar? Like Clopin, he looks like one of the Mad Hatters to me.