Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• What, where am i?

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday for 2006?

Quote Originally Posted by MaleficentFan
    My only request for HMH is to add more Lock, Shock and Barrel. They've been my favorite characters from the film since '93.
    oh yes Lock, Shock and Barrel are the best characters and they should also have more scary teddy cause he is also really cool!!!
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

• It's a dead man's party!

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1
    I just got back from DL and talked to the CMs in Le Bat who told me the store is indeed closing down soon (they said not next week?) and all merchandise left will be shipped off to a warehouse (maybe Character Warehouse?). The CMs in Disneyana told me that their NBC stuff will soon be gone too.
    Thanks so much for letting me know! I think I'm going to DL on Thursday. I'll have to get all my stuff before it closes.

I hope they turn it into a GOOD villains store (if that's the plan). You know, villains merchandise other than hats and huge pajama shirts...I WANT FITTED GIRLS TEES, MUGS AND JOURNALS. Sheesh. Disney always lack in the villains area.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by MaleficentFan
    I hope they turn it into a GOOD villains store (if that's the plan). You know, villains merchandise other than hats and huge pajama shirts...I WANT FITTED GIRLS TEES, MUGS AND JOURNALS. Sheesh. Disney always lack in the villains area.
    The CMs working said they heard that the store was going to turn into an extension of the Pirate store. I hope not, that would be a waste.
    Mike

• It's a dead man's party!

^ OH NO! Pleaseee not more pirate stuff. <__<

• Here to change the world

The CMs working said they heard that the store was going to turn into an extension of the Pirate store. I hope not, that would be a waste.
    As much as I would hate to see it happen, that actually make a lot of sense. With the revamped ride opening along with 2 more movies, Disney is anticipating a huge surge in pirate sale, and rightfully so. I for one, would like to see it as the the Haunted Mansion/Villain store. They way it used to be with a few NBC stuff thrown in.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Captain EO
    Heck, Tim Burton didn't even see the Holiday layover until last year, and it was at Tokyo no less.
    I thought I had read that Burton had attended a special "preview" just days before HMH first opened in 2001 (or was scheduled to...?) with Danny Elfman, who did the music for the film. Elfman was very annoyed that his music from the film wasn't used, raised a fuss to his buddy Burton who in turn threatened to pull the plug on HMH altogether. As it was too late to rescore, HMH went on just as it was, with a Hauntingly beautiful and festive score by Gordy Goodwin. A deal was struck that Elfman would supply a new score for the following year's HMH. Some of the original score is still in use, rumored to have replaced some of Elman's score because it was deemed "too scary". Frankly, I'd like to see the original HMH restored. But, it should only be every few years...

GG

• Closed Account

So...did Le Bat close?

• Here to change the world

As of Sunday, it was still open

• I'm listening to KDROID

Personally, if this was the last HMH ever, I'd be a much happier man. I suppose that I'm in the minority when I say that I was not ever a big fan of NBC (and with this past summer's Corpse Bride, I think Burton has cornered the market on stop-motion animated musicals that are okay at best), and I suppose I'm even further ostracised by my confession that I'm not a huge fan of a lot of Burton's work. True, there are a couple gems he's done that make me appreciate what he's capable of (Pee-Wee, Sleepy Hollow), but still others make me wince with their misdirection and poor execution (Batman [Batman Begins is the shiznite], *ugh* Planet of the Apes). He's just real hit and miss with me.

Anyways, back on subject, this past year I grew impatient with HMH. I renewed my Annual Pass in September, and living in New Mexico kind of hinders a weekly trip to the Happiest Place on Earth. Thus, for an extended weekend after a year plus of DLand*abstinence, I could go on my beloved HM. As luck would have it, I would be able to attend at least once a month due to creative university scheduling, yet every time I went in October, November, December, and January the HMH was still up. Yes, it is a nice novelty treat, but after like the third time on it in the October trip I was already pining for the original. The Holiday just can't compare. My problem with it was the duration of the overlay, it's at least a good quarter to third of the year that it's being put up there.

Personally, I'd like to have the overlay EITHER for Christmas OR Halloween, not prior to both and for the time inbetween AND afterwards. Since that's not operationally feasible due to its application to both holidays, I guess the best I can hope for is that rumors are true and that 2005 was its last year. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the overlay, but only once or twice more past my initial ride. It's just keeping me from the original HM that I love so much for too long. So count me in the population that is a little jaded of this makeover.

• Banned User

Sorry but at least one of your rumors is true,

Yep the pirate store is expanding!!

"The pirate is this years vampire"
    The good news is that the merch is gonna kick a##. I know because I'm designing the jewelry. As for Villians I plan on submitting ton's of villian character jewelry in Feb. If NBC is shrinking its only to increase villian merch.
    But I was also asked to begin developing new NBC jewelry too.

• Don't hate the game...

i love both but its nice to have things sitched up a bit here and there, as long as they go back to being the classic attraction it started as

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by luvsongthatnvrends
    i love both but its nice to have things sitched up a bit here and there, as long as they go back to being the classic attraction it started as
    Well you're gonna freak when you ride the NEW POTC in June or July
    Last edited by Skinny Dog; 02-01-2006 at 01:31 AM. Reason: ???

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Dog
    Sorry but at least one of your rumors is true,

Yep the pirate store is expanding!!

"The pirate is this years vampire"
    The good news is that the merch is gonna kick a##. I know because I'm designing the jewelry. As for Villians I plan on submitting ton's of villian character jewelry in Feb. If NBC is shrinking its only to increase villian merch.
    But I was also asked to begin developing new NBC jewelry too.
    I hope you're doing at least one of those skull rings with mouse ears!
    Mike

• Banned User

It's done,
    Were going to present it, but its a question of if the "board" will ok the production, it may be a little too cutting edge for sales in the park. I'm gonna be pushing hard to get it approved, we will see.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

OK just got back from the park again. This time the CMs in Le Bat told me that only part of the store will be a Pirate Store extension. And, that Le Bat would reopen, only smaller, and will still be carrying Nightmare merchandise
    Last edited by mcow1; 02-04-2006 at 05:17 PM.
    Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast