Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• We set sail for the sky

Haunted Mansion Holiday for 2006?

I'm hoping not... because I'm taking someone in the Fall who REALLY wants to see it in its original state. If they are doing the overlay, does anyone know when it will be closed to do it? Many thanks.

• What, where am i?

Re: Haunted Mansion Holiday for 2006?

i wish they could leave it holiday forever! Nightmare Before Chirstmas is the best movie on the face of this planet!!!!!
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

• We set sail for the sky

I love the movie too... but IMO Haunted Mansion is better without it.

I have heard a couple of things the past couple of monthes from CM's... take it for what its worth... a rumor. First CM told me the Haunted Mansion will not be getting the overlay next year and that they may be doing something to Pirates for the holidays and the other CM's we overheard speaking about the Haunted Mansion were saying the overlay was being sent to Disney World for the next 5 years since Disneyland had it the past 5 years.
    Rides and Shows I have slept on or through...
    Disneyland Railroad and Monorail
    Enchanted Tiki Room
    Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Haunted Mansion

• Closed Account

^^
    Well the actual rumor is that no one will have it because apparently Burton doesn't like it because he feels like it makes his movie too commercial.

With all the stories about Burton, that attitude doesn't surprise me at all.

• Guilty!

HMH will return this year. The Haunted Mansion is scheduled to close from September 5th through September 28th, 2006 for the install.

• All you need is LOVE

Its closed now....

Thursday January 19, 2006
    Disneyland® park
    Hours:
    10:00 am - 8:00 pm

Parades Event:
    Time:

None scheduled.

Entertainment Event:
    Time:

Billy Hill & the Hillbillies
    11:45am 1:15pm 3:00pm 4:15pm 5:30pm

Flag Retreat Ceremony
    4:30pm

Closed for Refurbishment:
    Goofy's Bounce House
    Haunted Mansion Holiday Removal & Capital

• Closed Account

Yea, it was closed when I was there today. They had people on the top level adding the hanging planters. Most of the HMH stuff appears to be gone, but the sled is still on the roof.

• Banned User

That stuff goes up and comes down quicker and quicker each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping_Ugly
    First CM told me the Haunted Mansion will not be getting the overlay next year and that they may be doing something to Pirates for the holidays...
    Spring Break in the Caribbean

• Needs the smell of summer

Hmmmm Pirates Christmas Overlay... They haven't sold the ride out enough?

I don't think they'll get rid of HMH any time soon.

Burton thinks HMH Makes the movie too commercial? Not as much as HotTopic! Besides, it's a movie.....it's meant to be commercial.

• Theme Park Advocate

Last Night I was told by many castmembers that there will not be anymore HMH and as of next week there will be no more NBC merch located in the parks and Le Bat will close. People were buying up Le Bat's merch like crazy last night before it's gone. This is one of the saddest things I could imaging hearing at the DLR.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by alex-jmp
    Last Night I was told by many castmembers that there will not be anymore HMH and as of next week there will be no more NBC merch located in the parks and Le Bat will close. People were buying up Le Bat's merch like crazy last night before it's gone. This is one of the saddest things I could imaging hearing at the DLR.
    While I enjoy them doing HMH every year and having an excuse every refurb to get the HM in great working condition, I do have to admit the HMH is getting kinda old. The regular Haunted Mansion is what it should be and always should be. For some reason this most recent HMH overlay was just too much. The lighting was way brighter then normal which made the ride almost not dark, especially in the graveyard scene. They also have stopped adding something new to HMH every year which really killed the idea completely. I loved it when they added oogie boogie to the ride and did something to that extent every year. The only thing I dont like on the original is that stupid 50th web they put on it. If I had to choose between the regular HM and the HMH I would DEFINATELY choose the regular HM. The only thing that I believe HM needs is a technology update. We need more of those madame leota type upgrades to the ride. The elevator needs work too.

• Here to change the world

I don't see how Burton could have any say, since he technically doesn't own Nightmare. The way I understand it is that he created the characters when he worked for Disney. In the contract you sign with Disney when you are employed by them, anything you create while working for them during work hours is theirs. That was when Tim Burton created Nightmare. Even though he left Disney to be a freelance director, he created Nightmare while at Disney. Therefore it belongs to Disney. Remember, Nightmare took years to make. It was such a big event, they had to create their own production company, Skellington Productions. During the time it took to make Nightmare, Tim Burton directed Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Batman, and was in the process of directing Edward Scissorhands when Nightmare was in the home stretch of production. That was one of the reasons why he did not direct Nightmare himself. When Nightmare was released, he was not working for Disney anymore. the only way he could get his movie released was through Disney, because they owned it. So the way I see it, Disney owns NBC, therefore, they can do whatever they want with it. Heck, Tim Burton didn't even see the Holiday layover until last year, and it was at Tokyo no less. Also, why would he have a problem with all the merchandise at Disneyland? That would mean he would pull all the merchandise everywhere, most likely severely crippling Hot Topic

These are rumors. CMs most of the time only know as much as we do. I have a strong feeling HMH will be staying for quite a while.

• Theme Park Advocate

^ that may be true but the cast members at Le Bat are not telling rummors when they say that there location will be closed in a week and a half. Nor the others around the park at say for example the Disneyana shop talking about the removal of all NBC merchandice and art from the shelves.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast