Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Re: Capt Hook Long Lost Friends Trip Report for April 10, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Makes me wonder if Disney created this Long Lost Friends because of your sig and your characters you wanted to meet. So Jealous you got to meet the fairies!!!!
    I was thinking the same thing!

It is fun to see your pictures of these rare characters, Capt Hook! I especially love the fairies and the three pigs.

Sheriff of Nottingham looks a bit strange. And Jane's hair is way too light. She is supposed to be a brunette!

Very nice photos, thanks for sharing these

• Minion

ORDDU: Very nice pictures with some of our best friends! We're happy to see you had a good time, duckling.

ORWEN: So how many photo albums do you have of all the characters and how many years have you been taking Disney character pictures?

ORGOCH: Got red eye removal?

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Very nice pictures with some of our best friends! We're happy to see you had a good time, duckling.

ORWEN: So how many photo albums do you have of all the characters and how many years have you been taking Disney character pictures?

ORGOCH: Got red eye removal?
    Well I have 9 Photo albums pretty soon well be getting my 10th album. 2nd I do have it but for some reason even if I have it on it doesn't help. There is this one Aurora that always has the red eyes no matter if I have it on or not.

I stopped by for this and got some pics with the Robin Hood gang. It was great to see these guys out and about, I hope they do this again!

• Evil is Sexy

It seems you missed the Pocahontas gang, or else you'd have John Smith marked off your list as well.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    It seems you missed the Pocahontas gang, or else you'd have John Smith marked off your list as well.
    Yeah I never got to them I was in line for them twice but both times I miss them. The first time I was the second person in line before they leaved the second time after I saw the 3 Good Fairies I when back in line to see Pocahontas and her group but the line was so long by the time I would got up to the front they would be gone again. They where out only for 30 mins. So when I figure I wouldn't see them I leave Thunder Range and when to PFF2 and I got there at the right time cause I finally got to see Belle send they move her to her new place.

Another awesome TR! I am glad you were able to see some of the characters on your list. It would have been great for Tarzan to have been with Jane and Turk. Thanks, for sharing and always looking forward to your TR's. Great pics Capt.! Can't wait for your next TR.

Great trip report! Thank you for always sharing these reports. I always enjoy them! Your wanted list just keeps getting smaller and smaller! When this Limited Time Magic event was announced, I'm sure everyone here thought immediately about Capt. Hook's list! I'm so happy for you! Maybe Meg will be around for that Greek Festival? I also heard Carl was out during Easter. Keep hunting Captain!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    And Jane's hair is way too light. She is supposed to be a brunette!
    Yeah, the DL and WDW Jane Porter walkaround characters have, as far as I'm aware, always had sort of a "dirty blonde" hair color for some reason. The only possible justification that I can think of is that the character in the movie seems to have indications of blondish highlights, and her apparent hair color does change significantly under different lighting, so maybe the intention was for her hair to be a really really dark blonde (hair color can be fairly complex in some cases in real life, although usually not for animated characters). But still, the walkaround character's hair is clearly overdone in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    Yeah, the DL and WDW Jane Porter walkaround characters have, as far as I'm aware, always had sort of a "dirty blonde" hair color for some reason. The only possible justification that I can think of is that the character in the movie seems to have indications of blondish highlights, and her apparent hair color does change significantly under different lighting, so maybe the intention was for her hair to be a really really dark blonde (hair color can be fairly complex in some cases in real life, although usually not for animated characters). But still, the walkaround character's hair is clearly overdone in this respect.
    The park character's hair is brunette, but with a lot of highlights. In the movie I did not notice any highlights!
    This cast member is the my all time favorite... I thought her accent and manner was too formal until I went back and watched the movie. She was spot on with this and other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    The park character's hair is brunette, but with a lot of highlights.
    Now we're getting into semantics. Some people would call this hair color brown with blonde highlights, while others would call it "dirty" or "dishwater" blonde with "dark blonde" underneath. "Brunette" usually refers to those who unmistakably have brown hair, but some people use the term more loosely. Suffice to say that the walkaround character's hair is significantly more blonde-looking than that of the original animated character, despite my observations regarding the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    In the movie I did not notice any highlights!
    Arguably the yellowish ink color used in the lines in Jane's hair indicate highlights or that she is a very dark blonde. Her hair also changes color significantly with the lighting, as mentioned earlier. Contrast this with the darker brown lines used in Belle's hair, which stays pretty much the same color under various lighting conditions. Belle is a true brunette, but with Jane I'm not so sure--call it what you will, but her hair has lighter ink lines, sometimes (but not always) appears lighter overall, and seems to respond to light differently.

• Chief Troublemaker

Your list is getting pretty short now, Capt Hook! And what with the Greek festival and LTM Fairy week, you may be able to cross Meg and Blue Fairy off your list!

You know, my friend & I saw you on our trip in February. You were walking through Adventureland heading towards the Hub. By the time we realized where we knew you from you had disappeared into the crowd, or we'd have said 'Hi'.

You move fast!! LOL
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Queen Elsa

Lol well I try to get my characters before they go for the night that is why I move fast sometimes lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Congrats on getting so many checked off your list, I hope they have more classic characters for you to get pictures with!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12