Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Name one thing you wish Walt could see today

Yeah BVS for sure! Especially as its a nice homage to him and parrallels MS. Also, Indy and Fantasmic. Splash Mountain would also be nice.

But if someone could show Walt other Disney theme parks but from his concept, hands down Tokyo Disneysea! It is probably the most immersive well detailed park done anyway. It takes the DL model and raises it another level. People who say Disney doesnt know how to do Disney anymore should look at that park when the checkbook can go as far as their imaginations.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Yeah BVS for sure! Especially as its a nice homage to him and parrallels MS. Also, Indy and Fantasmic. Splash Mountain would also be nice.

But if someone could show Walt other Disney theme parks but from his concept, hands down Tokyo Disneysea! It is probably the most immersive well detailed park done anyway. It takes the DL model and raises it another level. People who say Disney doesnt know how to do Disney anymore should look at that park when the checkbook can go as far as their imaginations.
    Actually, Tokyo DisneySea is what is possible when the Walt Disney Company ISN'T involved. The Tokyo properties are the ONLY Disney Parks in the world not owned or funded by the Walt Disney Company and are the result of what ALL of the parks COULD be if Disney could (or would) "Do Disney".

The kudos go to the Oriental Land Company not to Disney.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Show him Innoventions and watch him explode
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'd enjoy showing him the smoking area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Bob Iger's pay package.
    I feel terrible for laughing at that. But you're both right. Walt would probably be upset that there's a smoking AREA and not wherever he pleases.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrand1 View Post
    Actually, Tokyo DisneySea is what is possible when the Walt Disney Company ISN'T involved. The Tokyo properties are the ONLY Disney Parks in the world not owned or funded by the Walt Disney Company and are the result of what ALL of the parks COULD be if Disney could (or would) "Do Disney".

The kudos go to the Oriental Land Company not to Disney.
    Yes, of course, we know, but the POINT is it was the Disney imagineers who designed the park in the first place. OLC didnt hire the guys from Universal to do it, it was all done by the same people who built every other Disney park and attraction worldwide. Thats my point! OLC gave them the money to do it obviously but it was the Disney magic that made it what it is.

And actually OLC just wanted a studio park as the second gate like MGM at the time, but it was actually Disney exectutives who convinced them to take the idea of the discarded Long Beach DisneySea concept and that it would be a better fit for the resort since it could reside next to Tokyo Bay which wouldve been the same idea for Long Beach. So OLC had to be convinced this would be the better idea. And they also made the park less about education dealing with sea life and the ocean that was suppose to be about in Long Beach and more about exploration and adventure, wich was a better choice IMO.

So yes, obviously I give OLC a lot of credit for investing in such an ambitious park, but it still came from the minds of Disney and what they can do WHEN they have that investment to be as creative as they want.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 04-11-2013 at 03:49 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    I feel terrible for laughing at that. But you're both right. Walt would probably be upset that there's a smoking AREA and not wherever he pleases.
    I imagine there would be quite a few things a guy from the 30s-50s would be upset over in our 21st century world today. He would get over it in time though.

• No Disassemble!

I'd like to show him Saturday/Sunday morning rope drops. I bet he'd feel pretty satisfied knowing that so many people still come to the parks.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

I would like him to see the final product of the Haunted Mansion

Knowing what a nut he was about technology, I would like him to experience the motion simulator attractions (Star Tours and Soarin'). Also, I think he would be impressed with the improvements in human-figure animatronics. I think he would be very pleased with POTC (with or without Jack Sparrow). He would have loved the Voices of Liberty......oh well, He'll have to go to Florida for that now.

•   
    • Minion

potc or hm since he worked on them but never got to experience them.

I think he would have loved to see POTC, but something he would be impressed by, probably something like Star Tours. Its full proof of what technology has brought us today. He loved the future.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Bob Iger's pay package.
    Indeed.

I know this thread is supposed to be positive, but the obscene executive compensation packages would be the worst possible insult Walt could ever imagine. These money-grubbing greedmongers have reduced his wonderful park to nothing more than a get-rich-quick scheme.

On a positive note though, Walt was pretty proud of the automated control system of the Tiki Room, and in its day it was top of the line. I think he'd be very impressed with the modern version; it still has tons of blinking lights, but it's less than 5% the size of the original.

I think he would also be proud of how the Haunted Mansion turned out. This ride is one of the best examples of Walts imagination personified.

The fact that the railroad train is still as popular as ever would please him as well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrand1 View Post
    Now, the only premise is that this HAS to be a positive. Many (myself included) could come up with a laundry list of things we wish "Walt could see that they've done to his park". For this particular thread, though, I want you to name one POSTIVE thing about the park that you think Walt would be proud of. I'll start:

Fantasmic! It doesn't matter how many times I see this show it brings tears to this 41 year old man's eyes. I mean literal tears. I think the concept and execution are the epitome of "Disney Magic". The music, the technology, the whole bit is right up Walt's alley, IMHO.

You're next. Go!

Fantasmic! because everything else Walt would probably shame. ESPECIALLY the meet and greets.

• Evil is Sexy

Just the Disneyland Resort as it is now. I think he'd love to see how popular it is and how happy it still makes the young and the young at heart.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast