• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Question Should Cars Be Represented In World Of Color In Its Own Segment?

I also wondered why Cars didn't have a place in World Of Color, especially now with Carsland up and running. Should Cars have its own segment in World Of Color? Or has it already been edited in and then taken out and I just don't remember. Maybe you think Cars has no place in World Of Color. Discuss please.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: Should Cars Be Represented In World Of Color In Its Own Segment?

They actually did do a scene for cars but never used it in the show. If i remember correctly it was done during show development as a test.

The one problem with World of Color that I have is the repetitive use of Disney properties in the show. Disney owns a HUGE collection of properties to pick from when it comes to doing attractions and especially shows like WOrld of Color yet they continue to use the same properties over and over.

i was not upset when the chernabog scene was removed only because that character was already being used in Fantasmic. Other segments that i would not mind seeing replaced is at least one of the Alladin segments. I find it redundant that a few ours before seeing WOC i just saw a life representation of Alladin, why do i need to see and hear the same songs repeated on projections.

I guess the same would go for a CARS segment. Why watch a projection of what would most likely be a race scene when i just saw and rode in a full size reproduction of the whole town of Radiator Springs.

They should do to WOC to what they have been doing with Disneyland's fireworks and do seasonal shows.

now that they own Marvel and Lucas and until they can properly do justice to both of those projects in a third gate I would not mind seeing an Encore scene using those properties included

• Sock Puppet

I agree with Baloo, Star Wars and Marvel would look so epic on those mist screens. I hope Steve Davison is reading this

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They actually did do a scene for cars but never used it in the show. If i remember correctly it was done during show development as a test.

The one problem with World of Color that I have is the repetitive use of Disney properties in the show. Disney owns a HUGE collection of properties to pick from when it comes to doing attractions and especially shows like WOrld of Color yet they continue to use the same properties over and over.

i was not upset when the chernabog scene was removed only because that character was already being used in Fantasmic. Other segments that i would not mind seeing replaced is at least one of the Alladin segments. I find it redundant that a few ours before seeing WOC i just saw a life representation of Alladin, why do i need to see and hear the same songs repeated on projections.

I guess the same would go for a CARS segment. Why watch a projection of what would most likely be a race scene when i just saw and rode in a full size reproduction of the whole town of Radiator Springs.

They should do to WOC to what they have been doing with Disneyland's fireworks and do seasonal shows.

now that they own Marvel and Lucas and until they can properly do justice to both of those projects in a third gate I would not mind seeing an Encore scene using those properties included
    Yeah, I really agree with this. I always thought it was silly to have the Chernabog scene in both Fantasmic AND WoC. I really do wish Disney used other properties instead of the same ones over and over again.

• Artistic integrity

Why does World Of Color have to be a commercial to properties already in existent in some form in either of the parks?

Another poster here stole my words ... It's repetitive.

I was shocked and disappointing with WoC the first time I saw it. In DCA are two attractions - The "Aladdin" show in the Hyperion .. and new Little Mermaid omnimover ride. I saw them. Great. Now World of Color takes segments that could be right out of those same rides. (In effect, they do - Same scenes and music track from their respective films). Then to further prove to myself that WoC is nothing more than World of Commercials ... they replayed scenes from one of the Depp "pirates" films .. with the same music score. It's a commercial. What's so special about that? As far as I could see ... they basically threw the technology and wonder of it ... into the trash.

So ... not only is it redundant and a commercial to "Carsland" to show a scene ... it's a bit of let down.

They couldn't come up with a show ... that's not a commercial to something already in place in the DLR?

Someday ... perhaps they will create an original show .... that does not work like a "DVD preshow" to their host of films.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.