Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• -

Re: What Disney Acquisition would you like to see more on the DLR in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    Star Wars is a still expanding universe of opportunity (DCA or a third gate).
    Are Luke and Han coming to California in Episode VII?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Down Pluto!

Re: What Disney Acquisition would you like to see more on the DLR in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    For Disneyland: NONE OF THEM! The balance of "branded" attractions has tipped too far in it's favor - It's time to tip it back in the favor of an original idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    None of them, and least of all Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    This. Enough with turning Disneyland into a marketing mall of brands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    None. It's time for something called O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L-I-T-Y to return to DLR.
    Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    ^ This x2.
    Agree with all the above. Too much assumption on Disney's part that anyone other that fanboys want MORE acquisition presence and branding. It does not enhance the DLR image - it dilutes it from unique and special to just another strip mall sideshow. Remember when there were all these Disney Stores that offered craploads of what used to be more unique to the parks? Yeah, how many of those are still around? Learn from your mistakes Disney...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

I never thought of Pixar as separate from Disney, even if, on paper, it truly was.

DL did just fine when it opened with rides that were grand in their own right despite not having movie branding -- Jungle Cruise, for example -- just imagination. Then Small World, Pirates, Haunted Mansion...

Thirty years ago a Star Wars Land would have blown us all away, but now it's old school -- same with Marvel. Something new, something different, something family-friendly and for both genders, maybe? Put the Imagination back in Imagineering?

Then again, maybe it's just me that's old school, alas....
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Are Luke and Han coming to California in Episode VII?

• Unhelpful User

Recent polls#surveys have shown

that the most popular attraction in DL is Indy = Lucas

and that the most popular attraction in DCA is RSR = Pixar

what am I missing here ?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post

what am I missing here ?
    You're not missing a thing. Disney has devolved into something that's purely about polls, profits, surveys and spreadsheets.

Like Niel Gabler said, they no longer need imagination.

All they need is a brand.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    You're not missing a thing. Disney has devolved into something that's purely about polls, profits, surveys and spreadsheets.

Like Niel Gabler said, they no longer need imagination.

All they need is a brand.
    And Brand = Money and lots of it

• Senior Minion

And Brand = Money and lots of it
    Like I said, Disney is purely about polls, profits, surveys and spreadsheets.

The happiest accountants on earth.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Down Pluto!

what am I missing here ?
    Maybe what you are missing is impossible to prove.

Imagine a ride exactly like Indy with no reference to Indiana Jones - just a group of lost archaeologists - a guide on the rope and boulder - some other person at the end, and someone other than Sala on the film. All new characters not related.

Now imagine RSR with different animatronic vehicles not resembling Pixar's Cars. The racing car ride tech being the same just totally new and original characters.

So what would be the likelihood that these attractions would be failures rather than just as popular or nearly as popular. I don't think the Lucas or Pixar tie-in is what makes the ride a success - it's the overall ride and story experience - but those tie-ins are a definite plus. Icing on the cake as it were. I would still ride and enjoy these attractions without the Lucas or Pixar tie-in and with totally new and original characters instead. Wouldn't you?

Or is it just me?

We may never know as Disney no longer has the desire and likely the ability to create new and original works without the crutch of a franchise.

• Minion

Id really like to see some original attractions as well, but i would like to see more indy in a 3rd park.

• Under that tree again!

Tolken.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Tolken.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

For me non-of-them (maybe a redo of Muppets 3D) but No Star Wars No Marvel!
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   

There's just enough Star Wars in the park already, or should I say Lucas-created attractions. Marvel is something I'd rather not see in the park at all, go create a third gate. If anything could be in the park at all I'm with those that said Muppets.

There was something innocent and pure about what Jim Henson created and I'm glad to see the Muppets under Disney's protection right now.

As much I love Pixar I think it's already got a strong foothold in DCA and DL respectively. As mentioned before, the partnership is seemless so seeing Pixar in the park doesn't bug me at all. With all this complaint about going with licenses and not being imaginative, I would counter that all of these successful licenses were founded in imagination and were time-tested and proven to be likable to enough people to be popular.

...but seriously. No Marvel in DL please. I'm pretty accepting but have to draw a line somewhere.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• "I don't like the color"

I have to agree with the majority in this thread, no more franchises! Come on Disney, come up with SOMETHING original!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast