Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Unhelpful User

What Disney Acquisition would you like to see more on the DLR in the future?

Over the Last 7 years Disney Has acquired Pixar , Marvel and Lucas totaling over $15 billion dollars , which of these 3 acquisitions Would you most like to see more of in the Disneyland Resort in the foreseen future? Or if any at all?

and we already know there's already some attractions of these empires in the DLR , but would you like see more of Pixar or more Lucas or more Marvel please share your thoughts!

• Artistic integrity

Re: What Disney Acquisition would you like to see more on the DLR in the future?

For Disneyland: NONE OF THEM! The balance of "branded" attractions has tipped too far in it's favor - It's time to tip it back in the favor of an original idea.

For DCA: They are almost as land-locked as Disneyland. My number one choice - more "original" ideas. But if they must - perhaps another Pixar attraction. Pixar properties seem touch on more of a "gentle" quality ... like proper "Disney" content. And the overall feel they seem to be doing to DCA is giving it a "friendly, family" vibe.

For a Third Park: This seems to be the right place to go all out ... on the modern "edge" of "Star Wars" and "Marvel." It's a clean slate on that site. There is nothing getting in it's way ... It's one large blank canvas .. that Disney can make as hardcore "Star Wars" and "Marvel" as they want.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• revolutionary waltz

Re: What Disney Acquisition would you like to see more on the DLR in the future?

Muppets! I don't want them to just disappear again.

• -

Marvel. As of now there is no representation at all. Luckily, there will be an Iron Man exhibit in Innoventions soon, however that is temporary. I think a thematically appropriate, well designed, animatronic-heavy dark ride would be perfect. The others already have representation so other than adding a Marvel attraction, they really need to focus on an original concept to restore the balance.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I'd like to see more Star Wars. I'm not sure if it's right for Disneyland, but if they did add it to DLR, I wouldn't complain

None of them, and least of all Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    For Disneyland: NONE OF THEM! The balance of "branded" attractions has tipped too far in it's favor - It's time to tip it back in the favor of an original idea.
    Couldn't agree more! Keep Disneyland full of original DISNEY ideas and DISNEY films!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    None of them, and least of all Marvel.
    This. Enough with turning Disneyland into a marketing mall of brands.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I know Al Lutz stated that Iger intends to make the third gate all Marvel, but I hope they also go Star Wars heavy for the third park. First and foremost, Star Wars is such a great creative and original property. Then of course there are the scores of SW geeks/fanatics/enthusiasts/etc. which will help ensure high attendance at a park that has a very strong Star Wars presence. And there are so many attractions you can theme on the Star Wars universe, as the many examples presented on various threads have show. A recreation of the Cantina on Tatooine, a replica of the Millennium Falcon with a full walk through, an X-wing thrill ride, some Ewok themed ride for kids, lots of R2-D2 and C-3PO stuff, AT-AT replicas, another simulated ride similar to Star Tours, etc. And of course they can do Star Wars Weekends like they do at Hollywood Studios at WDW.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If it had to be all one or all the other, I'd rather see a Star Wars park than an all Marvel one.

• Minion

None. It's time for something called O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L-I-T-Y to return to DLR.

• Heavy Breather

I would like to see more Muppets. However Marvel and Lucas would fit a third gate.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Good things never start with the question:

What Disney Acquisition would you like to see more

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    None. It's time for something called O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L-I-T-Y to return to DLR.
    ^ This x2.

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

I tend to feel this way also. When searching for additions to DL I'd like to see Imagineering pick a couple of verbs for direction and just see where it leads. Working backward from "We have this franchise, where might it fit?" seems so limiting to me.

Of the properties you listed though, Lucas would be my choice. Star Wars is a still expanding universe of opportunity (DCA or a third gate). Mel's Drive-In could be a west coast Sci-Fi Dine-In/50's Prime Time mash-up. More Indy, Willow, (THX 1138 for some bleak entertainment)...lot's of opportunity for adventurous storytelling there.
    ​ Yes

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast