Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    Hey guys,

    Just wondering which you would choose and why.

    We have 5 nights booked at Anaheim inn but just came across a good deal at The Red lion on
    Harbor Blvd. We have stayed at this Red Lion many times and really like it but
    we decided to stay a little closer this trip and so chose BWP Anaheim Inn. Now I
    am second guessing myself a bit.


    The deal I found will make the Red Lion
    actually about $80-$90 cheaper total but will cost us for parking and buying ART
    passes so it will cost us about the same for both places so price isn't really
    an issue.

    I need to know if Red Lion is much much nicer than Anaheim Inn
    even though Anaheim Inn is rated highly on many booking sites I wonder if it
    simply is because BWP AI is clean and it is just so close to the park, or if it
    really is a nice hotel.

    So could someone who has stayed at both help me
    out? Would you take Anaheim Inn and a short walk over The Red Lion and riding
    the ART shuttle?

    BTW, we are ok with riding ART. We don't mind waiting a
    few minutes for a shuttle if it means we are at a much nicer hotel.

  2. #2

    • Avid MC reader since 2005
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    514

    Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    I've never stayed at the Anaheim Inn. I've seen it mentioned that people who stay at the Red Lion often hop on a Toy Story tram to Disneyland.

    Does the deal at the Red Lion include breakfast? I don't know if you've had it before but they do have a pretty nice breakfast buffet (ours was included in the deal we found and I think parking was, too).

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    I believe it does include breakfast, and yeah the breakfast there isn't bad seeing as it's free. The BW doesn't really have breakfast, just a quick "breakfast snack" I guess.

    I'm just trying to get an idea of how close the two hotels are in quality. Of course the Red Lion isn't like GC or anything but it's nice. Just wondering if it's worth the extra distance. And we would be fine with ART. It stops right in front of the hotel and has always been on time. Thanx for the info about the Toy Story lot though.
    Last edited by DisneyMax74; 04-12-2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: corrections
    SQUIRREL!!! -Doug-

  4. #4

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,414

    Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMax74 View Post
    BTW, we are ok with riding ART. We don't mind waiting a
    few minutes for a shuttle if it means we are at a much nicer hotel.
    That's not really the case.

    On average the time to use ART will be about the same as walking to the parks, or walking into the Toy Story Lot and using the shuttles. About 15 minutes each. But sometimes the ART is going to take much more, it just depends on if you catch it right away or just miss it.

    At the BM you will truely feel being close. It will be something you enjoy and find valuable. It is the closest to the parks in any case. About 6 minute walk.

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMax74 View Post
    I believe it does include breakfast, and yeah the breakfast there isn't bad seeing as it's free. The BW doesn't really have breakfast, just a quick "breakfast snack" I guess.
    That may be important. At the BM the breakfast is more like to get old after 5 days of fruit and bread . The RL will have the warm items and variety you desire for a long visit.

    I'm just trying to get an idea of how close the two hotels are in quality. Of course the Red Lion isn't like GC or anything but it's nice. Just wondering if it's worth the extra distance. And we would be fine with ART. It stops right in front of the hotel and has always been on time. Thanx for the info about the Toy Story lot though.
    Will you be there to relax in the room before or after the parks, or just get up and go, come back and sleep? Are you going to go back and forth during the day to nap, change clothes ect...?
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    That's not really the case.

    On average the time to use ART will be about the same as walking to the parks, or walking into the Toy Story Lot and using the shuttles. About 15 minutes each. But sometimes the ART is going to take much more, it just depends on if you catch it right away or just miss it.

    At the BM you will truely feel being close. It will be something you enjoy and find valuable. It is the closest to the parks in any case. About 6 minute walk.



    That may be important. At the BM the breakfast is more like to get old after 5 days of fruit and bread . The RL will have the warm items and variety you desire for a long visit.



    Will you be there to relax in the room before or after the parks, or just get up and go, come back and sleep? Are you going to go back and forth during the day to nap, change clothes ect...?
    See I get all the pros and cons of staying close or being a bit farther away. What I'm wondering about is the quality of the hotel. How nice it is, how clean it is, the amenities. It seems like as far as amenities go the BW has almost none. Although it is close to Denny's and Tony Roma's.

    My impressions of the two places, let me know if I'm wrong.

    BW Anaheim Inn: Older property, very very basic but well kept and clean. No frills whatsoever.

    Red Lion: Older property but recently updated. Clean, modern, more upscale than BW Anaheim Inn. Seems like a much nicer hotel, but I could be wrong. (That's my main question here)

    I really am just wondering which is the nicer hotel, I have never been in the Anaheim Inn. I really don't care about all the other stuff like proximity to park and/or how it will affect our going to and from the park. We can deal with being close or a bit down the road. We decided to stay a bit closer this year but I'm wondering if it's even worth it, seeing as the Red Lion really isn't all that far. (We've stayed here before a few times.)

    Like I said, we don't mind waiting a little longer for a shuttle if we need to. We have done it before and it's on a schedule. Just follow the schedule and get there a few mins before the next shuttle.


    Also the breakfast isn't that important to us. We will probably be eating in the park or get something on the way. I'm not real impressed with the breakfast options at either hotel. The Red Lion breakfast was ok because it's free. We would only eat the hotel breakfast maybe once.
    SQUIRREL!!! -Doug-

  6. #6

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,414

    Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMax74 View Post
    My impressions of the two places, let me know if I'm wrong.

    BW Anaheim Inn: Older property, very very basic but well kept and clean. No frills whatsoever.

    Red Lion: Older property but recently updated. Clean, modern, more upscale than BW Anaheim Inn. Seems like a much nicer hotel, but I could be wrong. (That's my main question here)

    I really am just wondering which is the nicer hotel, I have never been in the Anaheim Inn. I really don't care about all the other stuff like proximity to park and/or how it will affect our going to and from the park. We can deal with being close or a bit down the road. We decided to stay a bit closer this year but I'm wondering if it's even worth it, seeing as the Red Lion really isn't all that far. (We've stayed here before a few times.)

    Like I said, we don't mind waiting a little longer for a shuttle if we need to. We have done it before and it's on a schedule. Just follow the schedule and get there a few mins before the next shuttle.
    Your impressions are a good summary. BW is plain and simple. RL is kind of fancy but not delux feeling.

    Are you aware that the AL is a 3 story motel, not a hotel with interior hallways?

    Have you ever stayed closer than the RL? If not you should try, it's really nice to walk out of your room and be at the park minutes later. Also to walk out of the hotel/motel and see the parks right across the road, and the lights of them at night.

    Maybe you haven't had this problem before but ART can fill up when it's busy. So if you are going during a busy time it may be worse than what you've experienced before. A small risk.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  7. #7

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7

    Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Your impressions are a good summary. BW is plain and simple. RL is kind of fancy but not delux feeling.

    Are you aware that the AL is a 3 story motel, not a hotel with interior hallways?

    Have you ever stayed closer than the RL? If not you should try, it's really nice to walk out of your room and be at the park minutes later. Also to walk out of the hotel/motel and see the parks right across the road, and the lights of them at night.

    Maybe you haven't had this problem before but ART can fill up when it's busy. So if you are going during a busy time it may be worse than what you've experienced before. A small risk.
    Thanx for the reply. We have stayed closer than RL a few times before. It just seems like most of those hotels along harbor are just barely OK and the Disney properties are just outrageous these days when it comes to price. We could stay on property if we wanted, I just refuse to pay three times as much as anywhere else just because the hotel has the name Disney on it. I love Disneyland but the Hotels are just not worth it imo. Disneyworld is a different story.

    And yeah, I'm aware the BW is a motel not a hotel. That's one of my issues with the place. I'm just second guessing our booking wondering if I should just switch hotels.

    We are also going at a very slow time of year, not too worried about ART being full. We have used it a few times and never had a problem. We usualy go in the off season.
    SQUIRREL!!! -Doug-

  8. #8

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,414

    Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    If you've stayed closer and know what it's like and further and know what that's like too, I would go with the RL.

    If you want a really nice hotel the price may be about the same. Ayres Hotel or the Embassy Suites south. Both very nice, amenity rich but far away. Hope that suggestion doesn't confuse the situation, just throwing in my opinion.

    Going at a slow time, probably doesn't mean rush to the park for a 8am opening, and needing sweatshirts for night too. So staying further away is more likely acceptable.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    774

    Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    We stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn in January. We really liked it. I think it might be nicer inside than the BW Anaheim Inn from what I've read. We made our reservation through costcotravel.com and received a discount making it about the same price as the Anaheim Inn. The breakfast wasn't great but they had a lot of variety. Pastries, sausage and egg patties (premade frozen I'm sure), oatmeal, yogurt, apples oranges and bananas and I think there were more. We more or less ate something small as a quick snack. Once we get to DLR we end up eating too many calories anyway!

  10. #10

    • New Member Goes Forth
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cambridge, UK (So far away from DCA...)
    Posts
    535

    Re: Best Western Anaheim Inn vs The Red Lion Hotel

    Anaheim Inn. I have always stayed their. Despite not being the best hotle, it is close to the parks and the staf and really friendly
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

    Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

    Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

    Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Best Western Anaheim Inn, any recent reviews? Feedback?
    By jchamb268 in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 02:28 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 04:58 PM
  3. Best Western Anaheim Inn (Across from parks)
    By tsunamisam in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 07:41 AM
  4. Best Western Raffles Inn Anyone?
    By pinkertonfloyd in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:48 PM
  5. [Question] Best Western Anaheim Inn
    By aarbi in forum So. Cal. Hotel Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 01:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •