• Diva Extrodinaire

Make Long-Lost Characters Not "Long Lost"?

Anyone else think that with the success of some of the characters, they might be out more often? I'd love to see the Three Fairies by the castle, Clopin/Esmerelda around Fantasy Faire, Pocahontas in Frontierland, Robin Hood in Fantasyland, Ping ...somewhere... and even bring out Captain Hook and Smee more often! They were so popular, especially the Pocahontas and Hunchback characters!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Re: Make Long-Lost Characters Not "Long Lost"?

I have to agree with you on Captain Hook and Robin Hood. My two favorite movies as a kid were Peter Pan and Robin Hood.

The one character I would love, love, love to meet, but doubt it's possible, would be Hiss. That snake from Robin Hood Cracked me up. I would love to see Prince John and Hiss sometime. That would make my day.
    SQUIRREL!!! -Doug-

• Minion

Yes! I'd love to see Jane and Turk outside Tarzan's Treehouse. It's a no brainer.

Sir Hiss could be a audio-animatronic figure. That would be cool!

• Minion

ORDDU: I most certainly want to see my favorite man in a loin cloth out more often. Maybe if we all got together and had a 'coming out' party for him he'd be out all the time!!

• Queen Elsa

Capt. Hook is mostly out all the time during the summer times so I don't count him a long lost friend. Mr. Smee on the other hand yes he needs to be out more offen then these speacil events. As well as the 3 Good Fairies. They can be by the castle or Fantasy Fair like how the Fairy Godmother is out all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    Capt. Hook is mostly out all the time during the summer times so I don't count him a long lost friend. Mr. Smee on the other hand yes he needs to be out more offen then these speacil events. As well as the 3 Good Fairies. They can be by the castle or Fantasy Fair like how the Fairy Godmother is out all the time.
    I agree. The three fairies should be out a bit more these days, because they are featured on a cartoon these days (Sofia the First). I guess it's harder because they're a unit of three, as opposed to a single person?

Mr. Smee is on Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He needs to be out.

You would think they'd have the face characters of newly released to DVD films out, as well (e.g., the Peter Pan unit).

• Citizen of Buena Vista St

I was actually really surprised to see Poca in the Long-Lost list because I've seen her several times, during the summer mostly, near BTMR.
    But I completely agree, almost all of the characters that were brought back could easily fit into the parks.

•   
    • Minion

I'd love to see some of these characters - and others - out and about more often. Perhaps if anything, what this event showed Disney is that there IS an interest in meeting a wider variety of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I'd love to see some of these characters - and others - out and about more often. Perhaps if anything, what this event showed Disney is that there IS an interest in meeting a wider variety of characters.
    But do they actually HONOR that interest?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

It would be fun to have a corner of the park to see random old charictors and be surprised at who you see ( I wouldn't even mind them selling related merchandise.). They could have a screen reminding people who they are too.

• Evil is Sexy

I would also much rather see more characters in general just wandering around their respective areas of Disneyland. Meet and greets are kind of, meh. The real magic is seeing them actually in the park. (Too bad they don't let them ride rides with guests anymore.)
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• The one, the only...

This makes so much sense. Of course, Disney should be surprising guests with these characters. I really wish you did not have to see them in a meet and greet. It feels too much like going to see the doctor. I really loved the old days when you could see characters any place in the park. Now that was real magic and it was not limited.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I think perhaps they may be leaning in this direction. Before this event, I had noticed more often rare characters appearing in the park. I think we'll continue to see this, but not ALL OF THEM. There still has to be some degree of exclusivity I believe.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

I think they should all be rotated - on Main St, and elsewhere. The only ones who I feel don't need more exposure are the Pan ones - they're all in Soundsational and can be seen daily as it is.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails