Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: Editors Note: Multiple Disneyland Attractions Closed by DOSH for Safety Reasons

Anybody see any correlation between Michael Colglazier coming over from a run down DAK to become DL president and these recent DOSH issues?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Editors Note: Multiple Disneyland Attractions Closed by DOSH for Safety Reasons

Quote Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
    anybody see any correlation between michael colglazier coming over from a run down dak to become dl president and these recent dosh issues?
    no.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Anybody see any correlation between Michael Colglazier coming over from a run down DAK to become DL president and these recent DOSH issues?
    He hasn't been here long enough yet. This is something that Disney has been neglecting for years.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    "Let's go in and play hard ball with the new guy."

They could have waited until summer...but they didn't.

Maybe we can ask DOSH to require a tribute to Annette as part of their "all clear."

Arrogance (think Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty or Jaffar from Aladdin) is a bad thing in the Disney universe, at least the two-dimensional one. But Walt himself always had an odd relationship with employees, so that safety issues for them might traditionally be left on the back burner along with mustaches and unions and wages...

Disneyland is an organic, evolving immersive environment and I love how people's passion for it powers this community!
    Internally, Disney has, especially recently, ben very focused on safety. Which makes it curious that these issues came up at Disneyland. Maybe is remnants of Pressler's reign when maintenance (safety) cutbacks resulted in guest injuries and death.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    no.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    He hasn't been here long enough yet. This is something that Disney has been neglecting for years.
    But he should have known about the issues leading up to the closures should he have not?

It's still interesting about Matterhorn, I'd love to see the report on that one. They just redid it (with the addition of rails and thought about fall hazards), and you'd think it was inspected before they brought it back online last year...

• Minion

But he should have known about the issues leading up to the closures should he have not?
    You suggested there was a correlation--there wasn't. Yeah maybe he could've fixed things up, but it's not like he caused everything to go bad. A correlation would mean things started going bad when he stepped in BECAUSE he stepped in. That's not the case at all. Things had been neglected and ignored before he got there.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    You suggested there was a correlation--there wasn't. Yeah maybe he could've fixed things up, but it's not like he caused everything to go bad. A correlation would mean things started going bad when he stepped in BECAUSE he stepped in. That's not the case at all. Things had been neglected and ignored before he got there.
    A correlation between his ignoring DAK falling apart and ignoring DOSH issues. He is the top dog at the resort and as such should know what's going on-whether he's been there two months or two years.

• Banned User

I've been going to Disneyland for a while, and it seems that only in the past couple years they've had those signs on rides that read:

"Documents related to the Certificate of Compliance for this Attraction may be viewed at City Hall in Town Square."

I know they didn't always have them, was it a new regulation, or did they simply decide to move the "documentation" to City Hall, or is it a legal sort of thing?

Just as an update, Mousewait is currently showing California Screamin' as back up. This makes Space Mountain the only remaining closed ride.

•   
    • White Water Snacker!

Quote Originally Posted by kirstenh View Post
    Just as an update, Mousewait is currently showing California Screamin' as back up. This makes Space Mountain the only remaining closed ride.
    I can confirm that Screamin' is open. It appeared closed earlier in the day.

I think they just got some new DOSH inspector in a bad mood and he is showing his power. I have dealt with DOSH inspectors and the rules and regulations they have always fluctuate so much and many times it depends on the inspector. The place i work for has a company that does un-announced inspections to make sure that we never get in trouble and they always say the same thing.

There is so much speculation about whether or not Disney has been neglecting things or not but the reality is that there could be new regulations that just came into effect or have never been an issue with previous inspectors.

anyone wonder why all of a sudden attractions that have been operating for years with no issues are being found with minor safety issues. These requirements could have been something that is now being implemented only after the incident in November therefor were not issues before.

• Special Agent

It's possible, but probably not in the way you meant. Perhaps he decided to close the attractions in an overabundance of caution due to his reputation from DAK?

Quote Originally Posted by DLFan1995 View Post
    Internally, Disney has, especially recently, ben very focused on safety. Which makes it curious that these issues came up at Disneyland. Maybe is remnants of Pressler's reign when maintenance (safety) cutbacks resulted in guest injuries and death.
    Well if we're going back in time: then why not focus on John Hench's terribly unsafe design for Space Mountain.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    anyone wonder why all of a sudden attractions that have been operating for years with no issues are being found with minor safety issues. These requirements could have been something that is now being implemented only after the incident in November therefor were not issues before.
    The thing is they haven't been safe for years. Some of these violations st directly from incidents that happens last year. Others are from poor record keeping practices on Disney's part.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think they just got some new DOSH inspector in a bad mood and he is showing his power. I have dealt with DOSH inspectors and the rules and regulations they have always fluctuate so much and many times it depends on the inspector. The place i work for has a company that does un-announced inspections to make sure that we never get in trouble and they always say the same thing.
    I have dealt with them too, and this very well could be part of the problem.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast