Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Re: DOSH closure

I have a trip next week, anybody know how long these rides will be down?

• Minion

Re: Editors Note: Multiple Disneyland Attractions Closed by DOSH for Safety Reasons

You know what...as Long as Indy and tot are open I'm fine

• some guy

Re: Editors Note: Multiple Disneyland Attractions Closed by DOSH for Safety Reasons

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    You know what...as Long as Indy and tot are open I'm fine
    Those were my initial thoughts, but then I realized what this might do to wait times for all the other remaining E-tickets.

Good luck getting on Racers now
    RAKE-A-REESY, CLUCK CLUCK

• some guy

I guess if they HAVE to make structural changes to these rides to accommodate DOSH's demands, at least Space Mountain shouldn't suffer too much cosmetically. But I'm worried about seeing netting popping up at Soarin', Splash or Matterhorn.
    RAKE-A-REESY, CLUCK CLUCK

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Just more proof how out of control and bloated our safety regulations have become. The fact that this was done as a malicious act to force Disney into compliance is ridiculous and uncalled for. The chances of Disney blowing off DOSH to the point they would act in this manner is almost impossible. I sincerely doubt they gave warnings and numerous fines before taking this extreme action, the park wouldn't want to lose the corresponding profit associated with these closures.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 04-13-2013 at 12:56 PM.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Why do I feel Splash will get the WDW lapbars now?

• Minion

Me and my friends usually take single rider anyway haha

Angry Re: Editors Note: Multiple Disneyland Attractions Closed by DOSH for Safety Reasons

If those rides were really closed by DOSH it would add to my perception California is the most overprotective state in the nation. I always found it odd when visiting California that every car and hotel has a warning reminding people they contain dangerous materials. Even odder is buying stuff in Utah and finding stickers reminding me it was declared safe for use in California! Even Disneyland has a sign near the entrance saying the State of California has found carcinogenís in Disneyland! At this rate California DOSH/OSHA is going to label the entire state a safety hazard. I imagine soon their will be a sticker floating above L.A. reminding people not to breath the air.

Seriously; I don't care to much about California politics (especially since I don't live there), but please for the sake of Disney, Californian's vote out those overprotective regulations! I have not died from entering hotels and cars without a warning sticker in my home state. Disney has operated those rides safely for years without falling incidents. The other 49 states have gotten along just fine without such oversight, time California should learn that wisdom itself.

OSHA has the power to perform random inspections whenever they want. New regulations, major and minor, get passed down all the time from OSHA to just about every workplace. Most workplaces only make the necessary changes when forced to because they can be very costly. In fact, I know about 14 different codes that a few unnamed parks are currently violating. They are usually minor changes in safety regulations that are time consuming and costly to fix.

If OSHA was tipped off by a city or county inspector, this could have prompted OSHA to visit the park.

• Minion

This is odd.

Hope everything gets worked out ASAP!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Re: DOSH closure

And we finally realize why Disney is so anal about these safety rails. They got the government on their butts about it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Splash and Nemo have reopened. Space, Matterhorn and Sorin' will remain closed.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    Why do I feel Splash will get the WDW lapbars now?
    These closures were due to DOSH. They deal only with employee safety. These closures have absolutely nothing to do with guest safety.

• Doom Buggy Driver

At this rate, Disney's going to have to hand out protective helmets/shoulderpads/kneepads at the front of the rides. That is, if these closures are in fact because of new safety regulations.

• Chief Troublemaker

Just googled around, there's nothing in the OC Register, nothing in the LA Times and Id've thought that such a major ride closure would have made the news. Matterhorn was already down for testing, right? Mousewait shows Splash as open, Space & Soarin' as closed. I'm hoping that this is a tempest in a (spinning) teacup.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast