Need tips for Disneyland Hotel

This will be our 13th trip to Disneyland. First one being in 1982. This will be the first time to stay in the Disneyland Hotel. I have read so many threads on here about what the place used to be like and how it has changed over the years. Anyhow, we will have the better part of our arrival day to explore the hotel/pool, etc. I absolutely love the nostalgia of Disneyland and Walt's footprint on so much of it. What is a must see at the hotel for a Disney history buff like myself?? Also I would assume the pool is certainly worth checking out? Anyhow, any suggestions or tips for getting the most out of a stay at the Disneyland Hotel would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Need tips for Disneyland Hotel

I can't really think of anything, besides in the lobby where the elevators are. There are tons of pictures of Walt with famous people at the parks
    The pool is also great! Goofys kitchen is my fave character breakfast, by the way, and it's on site of DLH. Have a blast! You will love the experience and convenience of being close to downtown Disney...I like to take a walk and get some beignets at jazz kitchen (with dipping sauces). If you time it right you can see the fireworks!!

• Under that tree again!

Tea Cups in the lobby. Trader Sams. The BTMRR model in the lobby of the Frontier Tower.

Check out the pool, day and night. The fire by Tangaroa Terrace is nice in the evening too.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• The doctor is in

I stayed at the hotel before the refurbishment and even then I was stuck in the oldest tower, so I couldn't tell you much. The pool area was really cool at night, though. I went out there and relaxed a couple of times.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

There is a really cool collage art piece (gigantic wall sized) in the main tower-far right side if you are facing the front. It is filled with every kind of Disney item you can imagine- old ticket books, CM badges, toys etc. I spent over an hour enjoying that.

• D'land Visitor since '57

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Tea Cups in the lobby. Trader Sams. The BTMRR model in the lobby of the Frontier Tower.

Check out the pool, day and night. The fire by Tangaroa Terrace is nice in the evening too.
    I agree. These are all great things to do at DLH.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesscarlette View Post
    Goofys kitchen is my fave character breakfast, by the way, and it's on site of DLH. Have a blast! !!
    Goofy' Kitchen is a very good place to experience a character breakfast.

You mentioned nostalgia. Since the remodel a lot of the older features of DLH have been removed and replaced. But the overall feel is still wonderful! Enjoy it!
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

• Dreaming of next trip

Best thing you can do is to go and explore, consider it a treasure hunt. You are looking for the little things. But the map in the lobby will be one thing that you need to see.
    Go to each tower and check out the lobby of the tower. You will find some of what you are looking for there.
    Always keep your eyes open, when we were there in October we went go walk to the park and we were stopped by a cast member, we had to use a different sidewalk. Cinderela's couch was waiting for the bride to come down. We took a few photos of the empty coach and happily took another walkway. We had gotten a rare look of something special.

Ask if there are any upgrades available when you check in. You mighted get upgraded for free, never hurts to ask. Definitely in the lobby behind the large wall where the elevators are. I also like their gift shop which has some different stuff that in DL.

Definitely visit Trader Sams and go into each of the Tower's lobbies. They are all very cool. My favorite is the Frontier Tower..has a scale of the BTMR.

I also like strolling around the property in the evening it has a very different feel to it than during the day.

Love all these tips! We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel during our next trip. We haven't stayed since it's been renovated.

Are there any room view tips? We are wanting to pay for the premium view. I heard that Adventure tower has the best views of DTD and fireworks at night.