Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: The Last Free Refill: The End of a 57 Year Tradition - Me drinking coffee all day

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Starbucks is nowhere close to the best coffee there is but it's better than what they have now.
    Its realistically the only coffee company that can meet the logistics of Disney parks, and have consistency. But yea its not the 'best' coffee (although I like it for what it is), but its consistent and easily available.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• D'land Visitor since '57

Re: The Last Free Refill: The End of a 57 Year Tradition - Me drinking coffee all day

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    If you decide to join me for some refills, don't forget to stop by the Noon meet at the Hub! I'll be there, Coffee in hand!
    Sorry, we're in the other part of California and won't be there to join you. We'll take you up on that offer in a few weeks with a Starbucks in hand!
    Proud member of Team It Doesn't Matterhorn, winners of the 2012 Gumball Rally Team Spirit Award.

•   
    • Minion

GL on your journey can't wait to see the final tally of cups you had! As far as starbucks goes I wish they could carry Peet's but that's just my personal preference.

• world class bilge rat

Most likely, this new cost-saving effort is needed for the next round of executive salary increases.

It's really sad how something as normal as free refills is being discontinued. It makes DL look cheap.

• ~

I never knew about the free refills until about a month ago, when the discussion over Starbucks and the Market House really heated up. Sounds like a neat little tradition that will be missed. As somewhat of a coffee addict, I wish I would have known about the refills. Normally at Disneyland, I only have a little in the morning while my family has breakfast, but I do love the feeling of having a few cups in the afternoon and just relaxing, savoring the beauty of the world around me mixing with the rich and Earthy aroma of my coffee. I suppose coffee really awakens my poetic side. Oh well, I'll just have to continue with only having my cup in the mornings. Probably best not to intake too much caffeine, anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I wish they could carry Peet's but that's just my personal preference.
    Haagen Dazs in Dowtown Disney is a licensed partner. The Peet's menu is very limited. If you have an Annual pass they will give you a 10% discount. I got desperate and went on a hunt for the nearest Peet's location and found this location online. Hope it helps.

• Quintessential Studmuffin

in So Cal but my mind is in disneyland!!!

ALL DAY!?!?! I wish I could, but my stomach can't handle it! lol

So how was that last cup?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Talking Re: The Last Free Refill: The End of a 57 Year Tradition - Me drinking coffee all day

I did it!

After 17 hours, 12 cups of coffee, $2.71 (or 22.5 cents per cup), wonderful friends, and a wonderful dinner, I got "The Last Free Refill" at Market House.

Showing up right when the doors opened, I was the first guest to buy coffee on the last day, and the last guest to get a refill.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  151.6 KB

Name:  2.5.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  30.4 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Size:  30.9 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  31.5 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Size:  30.6 KB

Name:  7.jpg
Size:  29.6 KB

Name:  8.jpg
Size:  29.9 KB

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  38.1 KB

Name:  10.jpg
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  11.jpg
Size:  33.2 KB

Name:  12.jpg
Size:  25.3 KB

Name:  13.jpg
Size:  37.1 KB

Name:  14.jpg
Size:  37.1 KB

Name:  15.jpg
Size:  108.1 KB

I never want to touch this coffee again! However, I am sad to see this little thing go. I'm amazed how many other guests were upset and concerned about the space. Honestly, while I've used the free refills sparingly in the past, I'm looking forward to this location becoming something new. I'm sad for the loss of Disneyana, and I hope we don't lose the Swift cake room.

Overall, it was a fun day - and I think I got another little moment in Disneyland history.
    -Monorail Man

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    I did it!

Name:  12.jpg
Size:  25.3 KB

9 is my favorite shot, I think. Love the graphic countdown!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

Amazingly awesome!
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Congrats! I'm glad that someone from the MiceChat family was the last to do it!

Hope your stomach/bladder is holding up!

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Good job! It's great to take part of DL history as the last one savoring the good old tradition before it is whisk away by cookie-cutter corporate companies that take away the fun.

Now I feel pretty bad, I'm a occasional coffee drinker, but I've missed out all these free refills for coffee at the Market House...I should have bought coffee to drink during the early mornings to wake me up during my trips.

• New Member Goes Forth

It is sad to see a tradition disappear soon, but that is progress...
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Chief Troublemaker

Congratulations on your epic achievement!!! You shall certainly go down in Disney history as the man who shut down the Market House!

I don't understand why they didn't just move the free refills over to the Jolly Holiday. Only thing I can figure is either they are going to start serving brewed Starbucks resort-wide (if this was mentioned in the 'numerous' threads re Market House I must have missed it) or that 'no free refills anywhere' was part of the SB contract agreement as it would cut down on their sales.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast