Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: The Last Free Refill: The End of a 57 Year Tradition - Me drinking coffee all day

Congratulations Hastin! I'm glad to see one of our own bring a close to this neat little tradition at Disneyland.
    Im sad to see it go, but glad that a Micechatter was there to give it a proper send off!

Come to think of it, who else but a Micechatter right?!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: The Last Free Refill: The End of a 57 Year Tradition - Me drinking coffee all day

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Wait, you could get free refills? Nescafe would had been more bearable if I had known all this time I could have gotten a free refill.

Bah!
    Yep, free refills. All day. Quote the Raven "Nevermore". Progress, BAH!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

I've spent many hours in the Disneyana & Market House interior, perusing the merch and getting a cup of coffee for the ride home after a day in the park. I made my pilgrimage there last week to spend a little time inside before the closure. The Cast Members couldn't have been nicer and completely understood my attachement to the place as I hung about for quite awhile.

Although it no longer really resembled the Swift Market house of the early days of the park, it still was a opening day interior, with the phone placements, faux tin ceiling and the like. I'm going to miss it.

It seems I may be in the minority as most Mice Chatters lament the loss of the free coffee refill more than losing the space itself. I honestly always thought the coffee was just barely drinkable and probably only opted for less than half a dozen refills over the years. I'll welcome better coffee to Main Street, but miss that old interior, Disneyana and the "birthday cake room" where the framed art was displayed.

Good-bye Market House.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    I've spent many hours in the Disneyana & Market House interior, perusing the merch and getting a cup of coffee for the ride home after a day in the park. I made my pilgrimage there last week to spend a little time inside before the closure. The Cast Members couldn't have been nicer and completely understood my attachement to the place as I hung about for quite awhile.

Although it no longer really resembled the Swift Market house of the early days of the park, it still was a opening day interior, with the phone placements, faux tin ceiling and the like. I'm going to miss it.

It seems I may be in the minority as most Mice Chatters lament the loss of the free coffee refill more than losing the space itself. I honestly always thought the coffee was just barely drinkable and probably only opted for less than half a dozen refills over the years. I'll welcome better coffee to Main Street, but miss that old interior, Disneyana and the "birthday cake room" where the framed art was displayed.

Good-bye Market House.
    You are not the only one.....
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Circle of Ancients

Great stuff Hastin. Enjoyed your pictures and it looks like a fun day.

Cheers to the future!!

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

So have you gone to bed since Monorail Man?
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Mrs. J. Depp

Wow that a LOT of coffee!!! I'd be done after 2 cups. But that's awesome that you took part in your own little piece of Disney's history. I hope to do something like that one day.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

What an awesome, yet hilarious, idea! My question is: Were you bouncing around all night after your last refill ? LOL
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Yes I agree. It is sad to see another part of Disney go away. The good thing is I will cherish them all in my heart and have happy memories forever.

While I LOVE the idea of free refills, that coffee was so bad I never cared to have a refill. I literally felt sick drinking too much of that coffee... and I'm a coffee addict!

• Seeker of Fun

Congratulations....and a fun thread for sure, even though Disney is going the cheap, trendy route!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

I Hate Starbucks coffee- it's like they never rinse out the pot!- MY main objection is destroying the old fashioned ambiance of the general store to triple the size just to please Starbucks, and jamming Disneyana into the Disney gallery space. It'll be too crowded to accomodate all the people who want to leisurely browse the exhibits and shop, too. Hopefully they'll see the sense of free refills and move THAT perk to Jolly Holiday bakery.

• -

Congratulations on being the last one to get a free refill of the bad coffee that they served there. This is a feat that can only be topped by being the first to get a cup of the good coffee they will serve when it reopens.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123