Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

The Last Free Refill: The End of a 57 Year Tradition - Me drinking coffee all day!

Well, MiceChattters, this is it.

Today ends a tradition overseen by Walt Disney himself - free Market House coffee refills.

Name:  Refills.jpg
Views: 1612
Size:  80.8 KB

As a way to mark the occasion, I'll be drinking Coffee from the park most of the day today - and my goal is to get the LAST refill of the Market House at 12:00 Midnight (after the hour for your shopping convenience). We'll see how many refills I can rack up. Going to head over to the park around 7:00am to get an early fill.

Follow the fun on my Twitter account, @Hastin - and don't forget to follow @MiceChat as well!

If you decide to join me for some refills, don't forget to stop by the Noon meet at the Hub! I'll be there, Coffee in hand!
    -Monorail Man

Re: The Last Free Refill: The End of a 57 Year Tradition - Me drinking coffee all day

Good luck on your quest today. I'll miss free refills.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: The Last Free Refill: The End of a 57 Year Tradition - Me drinking coffee all day

Sounds like fun. Just a piece of advice though - stick to decaf!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

So, I was the first customer of the day too! Bonus! Got a button and wearing my receipt with pride.

• Hooterville, USA

Stay close to a bathroom.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Lol, that's awesome! I agree with DisneyIPresume, it's probably in your best interest to make more than a few of those bad boys decaf!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I don't drink coffee so Market House Coffee isn't something I ever had anyway. But I do enjoy a venti white chocolate mocha frapp on occasion.... (don't shoot me!! ) But enjoy and savor the flavor!!! And yes... do stick to decaf!!! We want to awake at midnight to get the last cup but we don't want you awake for days straight afterward!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Wait, you could get free refills? Nescafe would had been more bearable if I had known all this time I could have gotten a free refill.

Bah!
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
    • Among mad people

Quote Originally Posted by StarDustFairy View Post
    Lol, that's awesome! I agree with DisneyIPresume, it's probably in your best interest to make more than a few of those bad boys decaf!

Bah. Where is your sense of adventure? He'll be the only person still bouncing around in the car when Indiana jones breaks down.

hahaha! that is great! have fun today!

• Team Hail HYDRA

Have fun at work tomorrow

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Seeker of Fun

I still think that on a taste level, Starbucks is absolutely not the best coffee out there. I think Disney is making the obvious choice because it's popular and trendy, and for whatever reason, a lot of people like it. Free refills, Starbucks or not, would be a good thing to continue. Another small tradition lost.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

​I will miss the free refills.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Stay close to a bathroom.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I still think that on a taste level, Starbucks is absolutely not the best coffee out there. I think Disney is making the obvious choice because it's popular and trendy, and for whatever reason, a lot of people like it. Free refills, Starbucks or not, would be a good thing to continue. Another small tradition lost.
    Starbucks is nowhere close to the best coffee there is but it's better than what they have now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast