Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where'd Five & Dime's Books and Jersey Go? (Pics Taken on 4/14/13)

Okay, I am not sure if this was brought up before, but I have just got to know.

I had to pass on through Buena Vista Street really quickly today and took a very casual glance at the Five & Dime store displays. I was expecting to see the books under merchandise and the custom jerseys pushed into the back of the display as usual. Instead I got something completely different.

(Sorry about the quality. I was in a rush somewhere and didn't have time to take perfect pictures)

Where'd they go? I looked from the inside and the outside and all the other windows. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough or something but I just can't seem to find the books or jersey anywhere. The only windows that seem to remain intact from opening day (From my observations at least) are the ones at Trolley Treats. Let's pray they stay that way.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Re: Where'd Five & Dime's Books and Jersey Go? (Pics Taken on 4/14/13)

Disgusting.

• New Member Goes Forth

It is sa to see what is happeing to Buena Vista Street
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Filmmaker

Can we pretty please have someone lock the marketing team in a closet somewhere? We'll slide Mickey Mouse chocolate bars under the door a few times a day.

We'll let them out once they pinky promise to stop messing with the BVS windows.

I miss the old timey toys in the Big Top Toys window.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Are those iphone cases?? Blechhh.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

iPhone cases?!?!? That just makes me sad

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Looks like the old merchandise threw up a little in the mouth of this new store.

No, that was me. Sorry.

• Minion

WDI is totally upset about these changes, and rightfully so. They were able to negotiate with the DLR merchandise team a few months back to restore many of the period pieces in the windows, while still retaining some merchandise. Let's hope they are able to do it again soon.

This makes me so mad!!! WDI should make a new rule because of this travesty. If they do a window display only they can change it. HANDS OFF!!!!
    I was there Saturday but I didn't pay attention to a lot of the windows. It was late and I was tired. I was trying to find the sign with all the Nine Old Men's names.
    If I had been in charge, I never would have destroyed these displays. I would have fought like hell to keep them.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That is very disappointing. What about the vintage mannequin and jewelry display at the front of Elias & Co., that gone too? Sad to see the books display and toys and all removed. Sad that some inside the company don't particularly care at all about appropriate theme items and doing 'the small details' to add charm and character.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Those windows should be handled like an attraction piece, not a merchandise real estate with "tenets" moving in and out of the space. Just like they don't the items set in place in Tower of Terror as it is part of the "set", then they shouldn't change the windows with today's merchandise. Someone should definitely bring this up at D23 panels and discussions
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
    • Banned User

Marketing people have always been a different breed, the sort that admire Machiavelli and little else. In case there's someone here who works in marketing and was offended by what I just said?

....good.

An interesting window display ( and Disney knows how to do these based on past performance ) is one that has stuff that attracts the passerby's attention and then features products as well. Only a fool (ahem, marketing people) believe the products sell themselves. "We'll just stick iPhone cases in the windows! These things practically sell themselves!!"

Well,... No. No they don't. An interesting display with a section of track and a trolley brings people over to look at the window in the first place and THEN they see the merchandise. Department stores of the 20's and 30's understood this and were famous for the creativity of their window displays. They served an essential purpose. Today's uncreative ilk just displays merchandise and assumes all will go well.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post

Well,... No. No they don't. An interesting display with a section of track and a trolley brings people over to look at the window in the first place and THEN they see the merchandise. Department stores of the 20's and 30's understood this and were famous for the creativity of their window displays. They served an essential purpose. Today's uncreative ilk just displays merchandise and assumes all will go well.
    ​Yes- that! Make it interesting.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I am number 4 of 999

I haven't been to DCA in a few days, so I haven't seen these in person, and even though I liked the previous displays, I actually like these displays as well. Those tiered shelves are really pretty and I want them in my own home. For displaying my Disney merchandise, no less!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast