RSR - Fastpass vs. standby line

I have read many forum postings and articles on this topic but still haven't figured this out:

The consensus for riding RSR seems to be: FastPass or single-rider line. Got that.

I will be visiting on a weekday toward the end of April with my family, including two kids (rules out single-rider).

If we do Magic Mornings, does it make sense to wait for FP or should we just get in the standby line immediately upon entering the park? I don't have a sense of how long the wait is during MM and how much time in total I would be investing if I spent the first hour waiting in the FP line.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: RSR - Fastpass vs. standby line

I'm not exactly sure how Magic Mornings work, but if Fastpass is available during that time, grab one and then hop in the line right away. Depending on the length of the regular stand by line at that time I'd make the decision of either single rider, or wait in the stand by line.

I know you'll be with your family, but every time I've been on RSR (more than 10 times) I've done single rider and I either get the same car as the rest of my party, or we race each other. The amount of time you'll save as opposed to standing in the regular line is crazy. Obviously this is a total personal preference. To me though, it's more than worth it - even you don't get to ride with your party.

• New Member Goes Forth

Personally, standby line is good as you get into the atmosphere on the land with the music and the cars racing on the track
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Fastpasses aren`t distributed until the park opens to the general public so you could queue up for FP during early admission but would have to wait an hour to get them.

Magic Morning is only for Disneyland and not DCA and you get MM from buying 3+ day tickets.And only good on Tue., Thur., and Sat. Extra Magic Hour is both parks , you get EMH by staying at one of the Resort Hotels with EMH good for DCA on Mon. , Wed., Fri., Sun. and Disneyland Tue,. Thur., Sat..

If you had EMH for the day that you are there and it`s good for DCA , I would ride RSR first thing, you could then get in line for FPs for RSR for later in the day. The line will be long and doesn`t move until regular park opening but once they open for general public, it moves pretty fast with CMs passing out FPs.

• Mistress of Evil

If you are staying onsite and have EMH, you can do one of two things...
    Get there early so you have a close place in line at the gates (do not use GC entrance...go to main entrance). When you get to the rope, stay to the far right as close to the front as possible (w/o being rude). The CM's lead the guests bown the street to Route 66 and finally the RSR queue. Since the RSR queue is on the right, those on the right get on first. Hopefully the ride is running forst thing. After RSR, you can ride others like TSMM and the other CL rides. About 20 minutes before the park officially opens, get in the RSR FP line for onsite guests.
    The second scenario would be to do other rides like TSMM during EMH and getting in the FP line for RSR before the park officially opens.

• i believe in faeries.

I went in September, and so this info might be slightly outdated...
    I went with my 4 year old daughter and 62 year old mother... and they wanted to go for a nap one day, so I braved the single rider line of RSR solo... and I waited just over an hour. once I realized how kickass the ride is, I brought both my mom and daughter back the following night to ride, and we did good ol' standby... and were in line for 2 hours, maybe slightly over. my point is, I still had to wait a long time for single rider, with a group of four girls ahead of me that ended up riding together anyways.
    judging on the time, line, etc... I would just go in the standby. you may end up waiting a while, but you may end up waiting a while in single rider too, or not be able to get a FP. good luck... it is worth the wait!

Thanks for the clarification. I am staying at a Disney Resort hotel so I will be using EMH.

Thank you all for your replies. I have a much better understanding of how this works.

People start to queue up early with EMH. The line for EMH at the GCH entrance to DCA will stretch from the turnstile to Whitewater Snacks and then loop back all the way into the GCH lobby. If you get in the tail end of that line you`ll be way back in the pack at the rope drop. What I did was to stake out a spot one hour before EMH was to begin while the rest of the family ate at Storytellers Cafe. There were only about 6 people between us and the turnstile

• The doctor is in

I would say just do the standby line for MM entrance. Get there early enough and go straight to Cars Land. You shouldn't be in line any longer than 30-40min, if that.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

The queue goes under two bridges. If the SR line is backed up to one of those bridges, it's about a 30 min wait. Add another 15 if it reaches both bridges.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!