Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Iron Man Exhibit at Innoventions

Though I haven't seen the Stark Industries exhibit over in Innoventions, Dateline Disneyland reported up to an hour-long waits to see it...and it's slow season!

This little test run by Disney has proven to be massively popular and they're no doubt seeing the potential.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 04-15-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Unnecessary dig at those who hold opposite opinion.

• Minion

Re: Iron Man Exhibit at Innoventions

I'd have to agree. Marvel is insanely popular and Stark Expo is the perfect fit for Tomorrowland. No, Stark Expo isn't an original concept and yes, I would love to see more and more original concepts. Unfortunately, it's quite obvious Disney doesn't really have plans on creating original concepts anymore, and I've accepted that. I may not like it, but I've accepted it. I would gladly accept a Stark Expo attraction to replace the old and tired Innoventions.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Though I haven't seen the Stark Industries exhibit over in Innoventions, Dateline Disneyland reported up to an hour-long waits to see it...and it's slow season!

Sorry Marvel haters, looks like we'll be seeing a lot more Marvel in the parks now. And why shouldn't we? This little test run by Disney has proven to be massively popular and they're no doubt seeing the potential.

Thoughts?
    Geez, it just opened. How about waiting to see what the lines will be like 2 months from now before changing the name of Tomorrowland to Marvel-land.
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I'd have to agree. Marvel is insanely popular and Stark Expo is the perfect fit for Tomorrowland. No, Stark Expo isn't an original concept and yes, I would love to see more and more original concepts. Unfortunately, it's quite obvious Disney doesn't really have plans on creating original concepts anymore, and I've accepted that. I may not like it, but I've accepted it. I would gladly accept a Stark Expo attraction to replace the old and tired Innoventions.
    I agree originality is much preferred--but the Stark Expo looks to be pretty tastefully done. Disney can make a quality attraction based on Marvel, without it being a bare-bones roller coaster like some people seem to think is all that's possible with the property.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Geez, it just opened. How about waiting to see what the lines will be like 2 months from now before changing the name of Tomorrowland to Marvel-land.
    I think it's safe to say an hour-long-line for an Innoventions exhibit during the off-season is a pretty good indicator of popularity to come. Nobody wants Marvel-Land...but Disney management wants money, and clearly the Marvel properties are already proving to be a draw.

​People are just happy to see something, anything new in Innoventions?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    ​People are just happy to see something, anything new in Innoventions?
    Innoventions has been refreshed and updated in the past--never to hour-long lines though.

• Minion

^^^ Exactly. Iron Man is clearly why the lines are so long, I don't think anything new would bring in such lines. Iron Man? Yes.

I think it's safe to say an hour-long-line for an Innoventions exhibit during the off-season is a pretty good indicator of popularity to come. Nobody wants Marvel-Land...but Disney management wants money, and clearly the Marvel properties are already proving to be a draw.
    I think what needs to be taken into account is that:
    1) It is an exhibit. There will be slowpokes gawking at the stuff and holding up the line.
    2) The suit try-on thing has only 2 stations so there will be a line no matter what.
    Once word gets out that it is only movie props on display and 2 XBox stations the lines will die down.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Kinda like those hour long lines of people waiting to get into the new PFF when it first opened?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Kinda like those hour long lines of people waiting to get into the new PFF when it first opened?
    Yep. Opening days are absolutely no indicator of massive success.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Pics?
    Check out today's Dateline Disneyland, lots of pics!

• Non-Minion

Wink Re: Iron Man Exhibit at Innoventions

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Yep. Opening days are absolutely no indicator of massive success.
    How are they not. Obviously if nobody (as it is so often expressed here) wanted to see anything Marvel at Disneyland there would have been maybe a hundred or so people waiting for this...BUT...that is not the case. As I've said in multiple threads, this is Disneyland testing waters to see how well something Marvel can do inside the burm. If this was another display of some "future tech" that didn't involve Iron Man I can promise you nobody would even bat an eyelash at it as they walked by.

People are failing to grasp the massive popularity and success of Marvel these days. Marvel is the Star Wars of this generation, like it or leave it. More little kids (yes, boys and girls) are in love with what Marvel has become and why not? where's the harm? Because Disney didn't build it himself? in the rain, with just his bare hands? Walt Disney was a master of taking popluar literature and creating his own world with it and now Disney is doing the same with Marvel. No, its not an "original concept" but if there was ever a "love letter" to Uncle Walt and his vision of the future it was Iron Man's take on the original Stark Expo.

So...while this may be a little promo for the movie it is also going to determine how quickly they can get the green light to start re-working the dilapidated Innoventions so they can bring in the first Marvel Attraction at Disneyland. I still think they underestimated the amount of "nerds" (myself included) that LOVE this stuff and if that means DLR can corner yet another demographic than more power to them. I know I'll enjoy myself

*edit* I apologize for the length and if it comes off harsh...my coffee hasn't kicked in yet
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Minion

People just refuse to admit that Marvel is very popular. Put a Marvel-based attraction at any Disney theme park or Universal and it's guaranteed to draw huge lines. Look at the Marvel films. They make lots of money. Superheroes in general are appealing and very popular. If Disney puts a Stark Expo/Iron Man themed attraction in Tomorrowland, lines would be insane.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast