Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

6 day parkhopper?

Hi All-long time reader first time poster! My wife and i have been running google ragged for the last 2 months trying to get a feel for this, so thought i'd throw this out to the experts on here -We try and drive down to dl from our home in WA every year w/the kids-fun road trip during summer vacation and always have gotten the 6 day PH - now it is gone, so we have to shorten everything up to 5 day-MAJOR BUMMER!!-i did read one post on here of a fam. from the great white north (canada!) that said she went to the customer service desk at DL and got an upgrade from a 5 day to a 6 day. For us, going mid June, we want to know if we can upgrade to a 6 day now so we can make sure we get 1 add'l day at the PP hotel. My wife called the pier, talked to a manager, and she said "they don't even make them any more". From what we have read over the last few months, all cast members don't know the same details, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to investigate this further? Sounds like the other gal went up to the cust. service counter at DL and pleaded w/them and they gave her an upgrade, but if we wait to do that when we are there i'll bet buckets to blueberries that we won't be able to keep our PP room an add'l day. Thanks all for any help or advice!
    john

Re: 6 day parkhopper?

I am staying at the DLR and they told me I would have to purchase a single day pass for the 6th day. I'm hoping that customer service will hook me up or else we r wasting a whole day at the hotel. I'm also thinking of cutting back a day because that would be a total waste of money. Hopefully somebody will have better insight.

Hi, there. We had the exact same problem--we travel from the Midwest to DLR once a year and always do the 6-day. That first day is not a full day because it's the day we fly in, but we try to get in around 11am local time and that makes it worth it. This year, my AAA travel agent tried for the 6-day with no luck. So the cast member on the phone suggested a 1-day ticket. This was very expensive, but we hated to miss that first partial day in the parks! So what we did was to get a one-park one-day ticket--no parkhopper. That saved a lot. We will all have to choose one park or the other that first day, but that kept the cost down a lot. Best of a bad situation. Good luck to you!

yep, i heard that is what their "standard reply" is. The gal at the PP actually told my wife to just buy annual passes for everyone (at an extra $180 =/-...yeah right!). Trying to justify spending 4 days on the road w/2 kids for only 5 days in the park....arrrrgggg...

• Under that tree again!

I would have no expectation but to get another day ticket or upgrade to an AP.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyeF View Post
    Hi, there. We had the exact same problem--we travel from the Midwest to DLR once a year and always do the 6-day. That first day is not a full day because it's the day we fly in, but we try to get in around 11am local time and that makes it worth it. This year, my AAA travel agent tried for the 6-day with no luck. So the cast member on the phone suggested a 1-day ticket. This was very expensive, but we hated to miss that first partial day in the parks! So what we did was to get a one-park one-day ticket--no parkhopper. That saved a lot. We will all have to choose one park or the other that first day, but that kept the cost down a lot. Best of a bad situation. Good luck to you!
    Check with your Hotel, some of them have "twilight" passes for less, they're only good for the evening time (think it's after 3-4PM). Basically it's a "half-day" pass that hotel sell to conventions and such.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
    Check with your Hotel, some of them have "twilight" passes for less, they're only good for the evening time (think it's after 3-4PM). Basically it's a "half-day" pass that hotel sell to conventions and such.
    Cool, thanks!

Good info on that-i have an AP so i thought the twighlight pass would be OK as i can bop over to DL or DCA and stockpile FP's....BUT then i remembered that they are being strict on the FP times! uggg....maybe i will try to plead my case with someone in the ticket department instead of the motel? Doesn't seem very "disneylike" to me for some reason!

• #bringevilback

You could also plan for the extra day, and if you aren't able to get an add on day do another so cal attraction, be it Knotts, Universal, Hollywood, the beach, etc. There is plenty to do should you not have an extra day in the parks to make the drive down more "worth it"

• Disneylander

This is Southern California. There are a LOT of things to do here in addition to Disney. If you like coasters try Knotts or Six Flags (keep your "clean" standards low for Six Flags). If you like the Ocean, try any number of beaches or the Long Beach Aquarium. Go to Universal Studios. There are quite a few museums as well. Fullerton has an arboretum. Just a few suggestions that actually cost less than Disney.

yep-we are aware of everything else to do (my wife and i are from the bay area) but we make the drive to go disneyland. Guess ill have to live on the edge and reserve an extra night at the PP and go plead on my hands and knees to see if they will show us some love w/ an upgrade....

Just get an ap & use it two years in a row!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Just get an ap & use it two years in a row!
    This. If you visit every year, you can use it for this trip, and then just visit a week sooner next year. You'll save a fortune on admission, as well as having AP perks.

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    This. If you visit every year, you can use it for this trip, and then just visit a week sooner next year. You'll save a fortune on admission, as well as having AP perks.
    Yep!

My wife and I did the exact same thing last year. We upgraded our passes on a Saturday of June ( We got deluxe passes, so Saturday should have been a block out day but since we upgraded on that day we were allowed in the park). Our passes expire on the 11th of June. We are going again June 7-10th and head back home on the 11th. We actually had a spur of the moment trip (well three weeks notice) back in April for 3 days because we had the passes and a few extra hundred bucks (Disneyland is about a 9 hour drive for us).

We are going back for our wedding anniversary (June 8th). We'll be at the parks June 7-10th (Yay. Only ONE grad nite).

I'm not sure whether or not we are going to renew this year. We just aren't positive that we'll be back twice in less than a year to make it worth it.

disneyrand, don't renew! I don't think you save money if you renew. Only if you purchase an AP every other year. And obviously this idea is for people who don't live close & only want to go once each year.

We ended up going on an additional trip in January and a spur of the moment trip next week. Stinky AP making me spend more money on flights! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast