Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Are the rides open?

I'm guessing they placed Space and Soarin' on Refurb as far into the future as the calendar goes just to prepare people for the worst case scenario.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by joannaorange View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...is this really a top priority for Disney?
    Shouldn't it be?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

I find this interesting that none of these closures are due to guest/rider safety. When the rides reopen I wonder if any rider protocols will have changed while they were at it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Wished I lived closer!

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Shouldn't it be?
    I would hope so!!!!

I will be in the parks Saturday. I will try to repost on this thread of what I find. I don't expect much will have changed by then though.

• Disneyland > Disney World

I sure hope both attractions are up and running by the time I visit in July. You would think that at least Space Mountain would be top priority since there are currently 2/3 mountain attractions down now. Space Mountain should be fixed ASAP. I don't know how much of a priority Soarin' would be though.
    Marvel + Disney =

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Pitchfork View Post
    I will be in the parks Saturday. I will try to repost on this thread of what I find. I don't expect much will have changed by then though.
    Yeah, I'm not really holding my breath either. Although I do hope that the rides get reopened by late June. Incidentally, according to this site, Space Mountain and Soarin' were closed on the 16th, but are no longer on the schedule: Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

My source tells me everything should be up in a week or so. They have to install some hand holds and retrain employees on ladder safety.

Apparently, the original accident occurred from the worker standing too high on the ladder, so all training/installation is to ensure 3 points of contact. The ladder training almost prevented Aladdin from riding the elephant because Aladdin has to board the elephant via...gasp..a ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    My source tells me everything should be up in a week or so. They have to install some hand holds and retrain employees on ladder safety.

Apparently, the original accident occurred from the worker standing too high on the ladder, so all training/installation is to ensure 3 points of contact. The ladder training almost prevented Aladdin from riding the elephant because Aladdin has to board the elephant via...gasp..a ladder.
    That's great news!!! I get there in 12 days, and would hate for Soarin' to be closed. Space Mountain makes me nauseous, but Soarin' is a favourite of the whole family. Thanks for the update!

• Future Imagineer!!

Here's hoping! I'm pretty positive I'm going for the weekend next Friday, but I might push it back like 2 weeks....

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Disney Fanatic!

Here is hoping all gets fixed ASAP. I am sure they will scramble with major E-Ticket rides down. We will be there in a week.....no way to cancel and reschedule....so we will make the best of it. Really hoping and praying things are back to business!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Just a procedural note: When Disney has no idea how long something will take, they push the closure date all the way to the end of their posted calendar, IE "Indefinite." They won't set an end date till they know they can meet it - plus a few days to a week of slack for Soft Openings to run the ride and be sure.

Or the slack gives them time to do last-minute adjustments if they try a Soft Open and the ride falls on it's face, because say a sensor was triggering a few milliseconds too early or late. It happens. Get a wrench and a screwdriver and adjust it.
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Hoping that they get things figured out and back on track.. We hit the parks on Sunday for 5 days and would hate to miss Space and Soarin

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenlee View Post
    I am sure they will scramble with major E-Ticket rides down.
    Personally, I am hoping they take their time and fix things correctly rather than scrambling to get it done.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

As of right now, 12:50 PST, both Space Mountain and Soarin' have been removed from the refurb list on the Park Hours page. Not sure if this means anything or not.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast