Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: You know what I just realized? DCA still sucks

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I still don't understand the hate for Luigi's Flying Tires and for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.
    While I haven't tried Mater's, the tires ride was a major disappointment. It wasn't really like bumper cars or tea cups, you just sort of move around and people get in your way.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Personally, since the huge renovation/expansion, I find my self enjoying DCA much more than before, spending just as much time there as in DisneyLand. Paradise Pier is still mediocre but it's been worse. Let's not forget WoC, which makes Fantasmic look quite dated.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Let's not forget WoC, which makes Fantasmic look quite dated.
    Couldn't disagree more, I appreciate Fantasmic! even more since WoC.

I wouldn't say DCA sucks. I enjoy my time there. However, we could never spend all day there. We parkhop frequently throughout the day.

• Artistic integrity

You know what I just realized? DCA still sucks
    That might be, because the other half, they didn't work on, still needs addressing

The Laundry List:

* Paradise Pier .. from Screamin's Queue ... to that "lovely" grass park they created in Screamin's western helix - If that doesn't scream to you - "Temporary" .. then you need new glasses .. or your first set of glasses.

* Mullhouland Madness/Goofy Sky School - often dubbed - The "Temporary Filler" for something better down the line.

* Grizzly Peek/GRR ...... Not touched at all. Lots of speculation for this area .. including plussing GRR

* Condor Flats - Rumored to get the "Grizzly Peek" forest vibe ... spread into there - Dismantling the light "flight" theming.

* Hollywoodland - They've been talking about enclosing the Hyperion ... with a waiting area, all indoors. There's the "Stage 17" and "Hollywood&Dine" facilities ... which have become somewhat "Miscellaneous" buildings for the moment - Can't be that way forever.

So ... there's plenty still to do.

Lots of people over time dubbed the 2007-2012 work .. as "Phase 1". And even the Orange County Register got into a "Phase 2 Speculation" column .. about what to do, in the areas .. that still need to be addressed ... to really complete "DCA 2.0".
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 04-17-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Lots of people over time dubbed the 2007-2012 work .. as "Phase 1". And even the Orange County Register got into a "Phase 2 Speculation" column .. about what to do, in the areas .. that still need to be addressed ... to really complete "DCA 2.0".
    I'd love to see this article you've referenced.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'd love to see this article you've referenced.
    Disney California Adventure: A peek into what the future may hold - Los Angeles Times

One error ... as it has been a while since I saw this - It's from the LA Times .. not OC Register
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Minion

DCA has come such a long way. That poor park... I'll admit I hated it when it first opened, all the way up to maybe 2008, though I was fascinated by Soarin' Over California and I LOVED Mulholland Madness. I started to like it during 2008 and it has only gotten better. I love that park now and it most certainly doesn't suck, in my opinion. I've even heard Disneyland Resort first-timers (WDW vets) say DCA was either their favorite of the two, or DCA is not only better than Disneyland, but it beats the four parks in Florida as well (shocking, I know!).

I'm sure Disneyland will always be the best Disney park for us, but I'm not going to let that cloud my interest in DCA. Buena Vista Street is beautiful, Cars Land is absolutely amazing and I may be in the minority, but I love Paradise Pier. I think it's beautiful. Grizzly Peak and Condor Flatts are also well done. My only gripes with DCA are Hollywood Land and A Bug's Land, especially Hollywood Land. That area has so much potential, yet Disney refuses to make an effort and tap into its potential. It's, without a doubt, the worst land in the entire park, and if Monstropolis gets put back there, the themeing will only get worse. That being said, DCA definitely needs a second phase, but can they limit all the Pixar going into the park?
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

That might be, because the other half, they didn't work on, still needs addressing

The Laundry List:

* Paradise Pier .. from Screamin's Queue ... to that "lovely" grass park they created in Screamin's western helix - If that doesn't scream to you - "Temporary" .. then you need new glasses .. or your first set of glasses.

* Mullhouland Madness/Goofy Sky School - often dubbed - The "Temporary Filler" for something better down the line.

* Grizzly Peek/GRR ...... Not touched at all. Lots of speculation for this area .. including plussing GRR

* Condor Flats - Rumored to get the "Grizzly Peek" forest vibe ... spread into there - Dismantling the light "flight" theming.

* Hollywoodland - They've been talking about enclosing the Hyperion ... with a waiting area, all indoors. There's the "Stage 17" and "Hollywood&Dine" facilities ... which have become somewhat "Miscellaneous" buildings for the moment - Can't be that way forever.

So ... there's plenty still to do.

exactly. I enjoy visiting DCA, even when it still "sucked", but improvements such as building more D and E tickets and improving the ugly queues of Paradise Pier can turn DCA into a full-day park like Disneyland, and it could stand on its own better.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney California Adventure: A peek into what the future may hold - Los Angeles Times

One error ... as it has been a while since I saw this - It's from the LA Times .. not OC Register
    Thank you!

I'm so-so on Paradise Pier during the day but at night when they turn on the lights, it's a whole other story. It really comes into its own then, and I was always disappointed in the early days, when they closed the park just about the time they turned on the lights. So now that it's open late? Fantastic. I get time to enjoy the lit-up pier.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

I really enjoy DCA.

Carsland:
    RSR is AWESOME, and blows test track away. Scenery and settings were done very well, and I LOVE the racing aspect. Feels like a life-size slot car track, and I really like it!

Luigis: Have not been on it yet, so I cannot judge

Mater's: From looking at the ride while waiting for it, I honestly did not expect much. However looks are deceiving! Found this ride to be a very fun family flat ride. Very enjoyable!

TOT: Very fun ride, but the original kills it. Still love to ride it though!

I wish they would have fully enclosed Goofy's flight school, and turned it into a proper dark-ride coaster. I see SO MUCH potential to make it into a truly wild dark ride (How Mr. Toad's was originally going to be)

Little Mermaid: Went on it once. A well done dark ride, but not one of my favorites. Still, it is better than Pooh!

WOC: AWESOME. Love this show! (Also like being tall so I get a good view no matter what!)

Paradise Pier:
    I like CA screamin, and the overall idea of a early 1900s ocean pier, but I will admit it feels odd in a Disney park. Midway Mania is great, and I LOVE Mickey's wheel (Stick me in a moving car all day please!)

GRR: Only been on it once when it was hot. Usually I am at the resort in the fall/winter, so I avoid this because I tend to get soaked. I would love to see some simple AA's here, (A'la Mine train), and perhaps some more theming along the paths. Still, I find certain areas here some of the most relaxing parts of the resort.

The park has come a LONG LONG way since its opening (Although, I really wish they kept Superstar Limo...it was so bad it was good, like a really crappy cheesy movie) and the crowds reflect this. When I go to the resort we always go to DCA.

When 2.0 opened, I found myself giving my first turnstile click to DCA for a few months. That's over and I'm back to DL. It's just the heart of the Resort and always will be.
    As soon as even the tourists start shifting back, you can bet the Two-fer and other incentives will be back as well.

I didn't hate the original DCA - there just wasn't enough to do. I'm ready for Food & Wine to come back any day, now...
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    For me, nothing will ever compare to Disneyland. I used to have no desire to visit DCA, however I have found since the most recent update, I enjoy my time in that park. In fact, we now spend about half of our time over there. It has grown on me, and we've created new traditions and memories in that park. It's become meaningful to us. It doesn't have the nostalgia factor DL has, and it will never be able to compete with that, but it hold it's own place in my heart.
    Totally feel the same way! To me DCA lacked any Disney soul, or memories as I grew up going to Disneyland. However over the last few years, my views of DCA have changed and my wife and I have made many memories there. Disneyland will always hold the nostalgia factor for me.

4 words as to the only reason I go to DCA: Hot Link Corn Dogs

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast