Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

You know what I just realized? DCA still sucks

I'm a big fan of Disneyland, and of course like most people I was very dissapointent with DCA when it opened. After having been to the new DCA five or six times now, I've realized that while they certainly made the park look a lot better, it's still not really a park that I want to visit. Soarin, Tower, and California Screamin are still the best rides there. The new Cars Land really looks great, but it only has three rides, and two of them are crap. Racers is pretty good, but at the end of the day it's just a shortened Test Track, and not worth waiting more than 45 minutes or so for. I know that DCA has been extremely popular since Cars Land opened, but I wonder if after a couple of years, if it the crowds will gradually start to go back to spending the majority of their time at Disneyland. When I go, I'm interested in going on Soarin, California Screamin, and Tower, and then head back over to Disneyland. If you look at the park has a whole, Paradise Pier overall is still pretty terrible. Screamin is awesome, and Toy Story Mania rocks, but otherwise it's still just the OC Fair without the deep fried twinkies. Hollywood Land still sucks too. The only ride worth going on is Tower, and while the evening dance parties are kind of fun, the Alice in Wonderland band is not that much better then the random bands they usually have at the Tomorrowland Terrace. They new DCA looks beautiful, and it took me a few visits before I realized that at the end of the day, the only thing I want to go back to is Racers, and only if the line is short enough. I hate to say it, but after spending a billion dollars, it looks to me like DCA still has a long way to go.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: You know what I just realized? DCA still sucks

I think it depends on what ones expectations are. Or maybe there are generational differences too. When I go to DCA, I don't just go for the rides. I go for the atmosphere. I go to be transported to another time and place, where I can wander around, look at things, take pictures, sit on a bench and soak up the music and feeling of the area. So for me, while there are still areas that could still use some improvement, it still stands as an enjoyable way to pass a few hours in a day. I also am no longer an AP, and my visits will now be few and far between, so I think I'm more willing when I do go to spend time just generally enjoying everything there.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• New Member Goes Forth

It has improved from what it was. Personally, i think that as Disneyland has not had anything new and large in the past few years, so DCA is a little better, due to all the new attrations and lands.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Selfie Expert

For me, nothing will ever compare to Disneyland. I used to have no desire to visit DCA, however I have found since the most recent update, I enjoy my time in that park. In fact, we now spend about half of our time over there. It has grown on me, and we've created new traditions and memories in that park. It's become meaningful to us. It doesn't have the nostalgia factor DL has, and it will never be able to compete with that, but it hold it's own place in my heart.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I don't go to DCA just for the rides. That is not DCA's best feature. Sure it has some really great rides, but Disneyland has way more. DCA has way more dining and snack options than DL, definitely a "foodie's" park! DCA also hosts unique entertainment options such as Aladdin, World of Color and Mad T Party. Also you can sit back and enjoy an adult beverage or two if that's your thing. It may not be attraction heavy, but it has other options for those who are not all about the rides. For you DCA may suck, but others really love that DCA has its own thing going on. It has come a long way from the early dark times when it first opened.

• Parking Lot > DCA

From what it was, it's remarkably better now. They are putting in an effort (and actually spending the time and money) into making DCA a better park all the way around.

It isn't WestCOT - but it's something..

Yes, DCA still has most of the fundamental flaws that it always had, but the improvements do raise it up a big notch. Buena Vista Street, in my opinion, does successfully transport guests and their mindsets to a different place and time, and significantly enhances the feeling that you are in a Disney theme park and that it is a "magical" place--something that was sorely lacking in DCA 1.0 no matter how good some of the attractions were. Carsland is also a quality addition that significantly enhances DCA's capacity and appeal. Personally, I would have handled DCA's transformation differently in some respects, but to be fair the improvements that were made are as effective as I'd hoped they'd be, if not more so.

So DCA still sucks in some ways, but it sucks a lot less now.

• formerly very helpful

For me, personally, I wouldn't say it sucks. However, I do see it not living up to its potential. Some of this is personal taste, I suppose. But I still enjoy it, and it is still a great improvement. I'd love to see less Pixar...

• i believe in faeries.

I actually really like the new and improved DCA... then again, I liked DCA 1.0 too... for the thrill rides, and something a little different. I agree with Kelly (above) tho... it doesn't compare to Disneyland... it's a sister park, a nice addition for a multi-day hopper, as I see it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I can see your point, overall the re-design that it went through was a huge improvement and attendance shows that it was a success for the resort. There are some more things that can be done and I hope we get to see more added to this part in the future.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

I think everyone loves Disneyland above all other parks.

But I do think DCA is dramatically improved - most of all with the World of Color show,but also the Little Mermaid Ride (I have two little princesses), RSR and the V8 cafe in Carsland. In the past it was really hard to spend more than a few hours in DCA - now we can spend an entire day there.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well....I would not say the park ever truly sucked...since back in the day there were no lines in the park and for me that made up for the lack luster attractions...but Carsland alone is one of the best Disney lands at any park so I can't say the parks sucks...in fact I really love the park...almost as much as Disneyland..but to be far I grew up with the park too

• Zephyr Pilot

If you want good rides, there are better amusement parks for that. But DCA and Disney parks are theme parks. DCA might not be what you're looking for. You didn't mention World of Color, which was a major part of the park re-opening, so rides seem to be your priority. I'm guessing Epcot does not interest you either.

Personally, I'm the type of park-goer that can find enjoyment on a ride even like Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, but I also enjoy a Six Flags park also. I just know what I'm in for when I go to a park and enjoy it for what it is, not what I want it to be.

If you're looking for it to be just like Disneyland, then yes, you're going to say it still sucks. I've always taken it as its own thing, gauged not against Disneyland, but as to whether I enjoy my time there or not. And I generally do.

Great atmosphere, lots of things for me to photograph, great food, and entertainment. I love watching the street shows, and Aladdin. Even WoC will grab me now and then (love the fire segment). Buena Vista Street is amazing and I love it. Wish they'd bring back the themed windows, but hey, a girl can't have everything I guess. Themed windows are interesting, windows with just merch are BORING. But luckily there's a whole lot more to BVS than the windows.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I'm from Canada eh!

The Calgary Stampede sucks.

DCA on its own can't hold a candle to DL, but to have both, right accross for each other is a great experiance IMO.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast