Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: What ride would you enhance?

Actually, I'd enhance all of them. I know that Disney relies heavily on nostalgia, but there's getting to be a bigger disparity between the newest rides and the older rides. The animatronics in Racers are absolutely amazing and really make things like the Tiki Room, Jungle, Indy, Pirates, Mansion, Splash, all of Fantasyland, etc look way old and dated by comparison. I know that there would be a very vocal group of people who would hate it, but I think they need to go either ride by ride or maybe even land by land and update everything with the newest and most modern animatronics, sound system, ride systems, etc. They would probably need to re-record most of the audio (like the narration for the Haunted Mansion) to go with the updated audio, and that's something else that people would freak out about, but overall I think that the majority of guests would like it, and if it's done well enough, the people who think they're going to hate it would be won over. Plus, Disney could even add more special merchandising events for AP's like every year on the Haunted Mansions' birthday you get to ride it with the original narration. It would probably cost billions of dollars so I don't imagine they'd ever do it, but boy it would be cool.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Tower of Terror
    Put a hydraulically actuated floor in the Library, and have it drop a half an inch when the lights go out.
    Of course this would only work in a world without lawyers :-)

• Blew By You

Small World interior...there has to be a better interior design. Just gut the whole interior and make it look worthy of a Disneyland attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Small World interior...there has to be a better interior design. Just gut the whole interior and make it look worthy of a Disneyland attraction.
    An argument could be made that Small World is the very definition of a Disneyland attraction. But I'm also in the no change is a good thing camp, so...

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Minion

Pirates has become such a mishmash of bits and pieces added over the years that if I was in charge, I'd strip it down to the walls and rebuild it in one cohesive style.

• Not here to help

All Fantasyland darkrides needs to get updated. They look like crap compared to rides like Mystic Manor in Hong Kong Disneyland and Pooh honey hunt and Monsters Inc in Tokyo Disneyland.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

But I agree, a few grizzly anamatronics would be a nice addition. Sorta like the dynamite goat on Big Thunder.[/QUOTE]

There must be a few retired Country Bears looking for work.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Space Mountain could use a facelift. The ride is fine but the waiting areas stink. Cover the outside area with some sort of futuristic sun shade. Also, the entrance tunnel should have video screens or something interactive. When you enter the entrance area with the starship hanging from the ceiling it should be a climactic deal. Something that explains why it's there. Is Tom Morrow from Mission to Mars still around?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

1. Soarin' - New film, new sights and sound of California.

2. Grizzly - Animantronic Bears and a small train ride around/through the mountain.

3. Pirates - Add a scene in the caverns with the ghostly skeletons from the movie.

4. Disneyland Railroad - Loop, booya!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    But I agree, a few grizzly anamatronics would be a nice addition. Sorta like the dynamite goat on Big Thunder.
    Thar was....
    Blood in the water,
    Blood on the rocks,
    And a great big puddle of...
    Blood on the dock.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Actually, I'd enhance all of them. I know that Disney relies heavily on nostalgia, but there's getting to be a bigger disparity between the newest rides and the older rides. The animatronics in Racers are absolutely amazing and really make things like the Tiki Room, Jungle, Indy, Pirates, Mansion, Splash, all of Fantasyland, etc look way old and dated by comparison. I know that there would be a very vocal group of people who would hate it, but I think they need to go either ride by ride or maybe even land by land and update everything with the newest and most modern animatronics, sound system, ride systems, etc. They would probably need to re-record most of the audio (like the narration for the Haunted Mansion) to go with the updated audio, and that's something else that people would freak out about, but overall I think that the majority of guests would like it, and if it's done well enough, the people who think they're going to hate it would be won over. Plus, Disney could even add more special merchandising events for AP's like every year on the Haunted Mansions' birthday you get to ride it with the original narration. It would probably cost billions of dollars so I don't imagine they'd ever do it, but boy it would be cool.
    Good argument!

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    But aren't we recruiting fresh blood?

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    And also bring back the real voice of Sallah in the queue.
    Huh? What did they replace him or something?

• Former Churro Jockey

Yeah, I'd say I'm 99% sure it's not him anymore, and it hasn't been for probably 10 years or so. When Indy first opened they did have the actual actor voicing Sallah, and then all of a sudden the dialogue changed, and the person just doesn't sound quite the same. It's close, but the person's voice is not quite as deep. I think it happened around the time they added fastpass, so I think that was right around 2000 or so.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• The Pumpkin King

That's interesting, because it sounds like him to me?

Hhhhmmm...

• Evil is Sexy

I don't think it would be too hard to bring back John Rhys-Davies to do the voiceover. Just don't ask him to do the "Asp Line" and he'll be hunky dory.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast