Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
  1. #31

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,098

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Actually, I'd enhance all of them. I know that Disney relies heavily on nostalgia, but there's getting to be a bigger disparity between the newest rides and the older rides. The animatronics in Racers are absolutely amazing and really make things like the Tiki Room, Jungle, Indy, Pirates, Mansion, Splash, all of Fantasyland, etc look way old and dated by comparison. I know that there would be a very vocal group of people who would hate it, but I think they need to go either ride by ride or maybe even land by land and update everything with the newest and most modern animatronics, sound system, ride systems, etc. They would probably need to re-record most of the audio (like the narration for the Haunted Mansion) to go with the updated audio, and that's something else that people would freak out about, but overall I think that the majority of guests would like it, and if it's done well enough, the people who think they're going to hate it would be won over. Plus, Disney could even add more special merchandising events for AP's like every year on the Haunted Mansions' birthday you get to ride it with the original narration. It would probably cost billions of dollars so I don't imagine they'd ever do it, but boy it would be cool.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Corona
    Posts
    416

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Tower of Terror
    Put a hydraulically actuated floor in the Library, and have it drop a half an inch when the lights go out.
    Of course this would only work in a world without lawyers :-)

  3. #33

    • Blew By You
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Santa Clarita, California, United States
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Small World interior...there has to be a better interior design. Just gut the whole interior and make it look worthy of a Disneyland attraction.

  4. #34

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    429

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Small World interior...there has to be a better interior design. Just gut the whole interior and make it look worthy of a Disneyland attraction.
    An argument could be made that Small World is the very definition of a Disneyland attraction. But I'm also in the no change is a good thing camp, so...

    Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

  5. #35

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,481

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Pirates has become such a mishmash of bits and pieces added over the years that if I was in charge, I'd strip it down to the walls and rebuild it in one cohesive style.

  6. #36

    • Not here to help
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,030

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    All Fantasyland darkrides needs to get updated. They look like crap compared to rides like Mystic Manor in Hong Kong Disneyland and Pooh honey hunt and Monsters Inc in Tokyo Disneyland.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

  7. #37

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    186

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    But I agree, a few grizzly anamatronics would be a nice addition. Sorta like the dynamite goat on Big Thunder.[/QUOTE]

    There must be a few retired Country Bears looking for work.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

  8. #38

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    186

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Space Mountain could use a facelift. The ride is fine but the waiting areas stink. Cover the outside area with some sort of futuristic sun shade. Also, the entrance tunnel should have video screens or something interactive. When you enter the entrance area with the starship hanging from the ceiling it should be a climactic deal. Something that explains why it's there. Is Tom Morrow from Mission to Mars still around?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

  9. #39

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    376

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    1. Soarin' - New film, new sights and sound of California.

    2. Grizzly - Animantronic Bears and a small train ride around/through the mountain.

    3. Pirates - Add a scene in the caverns with the ghostly skeletons from the movie.

    4. Disneyland Railroad - Loop, booya!

  10. #40

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,481

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    But I agree, a few grizzly anamatronics would be a nice addition. Sorta like the dynamite goat on Big Thunder.
    There must be a few retired Country Bears looking for work.
    Thar was....
    Blood in the water,
    Blood on the rocks,
    And a great big puddle of...
    Blood on the dock.

  11. #41

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Actually, I'd enhance all of them. I know that Disney relies heavily on nostalgia, but there's getting to be a bigger disparity between the newest rides and the older rides. The animatronics in Racers are absolutely amazing and really make things like the Tiki Room, Jungle, Indy, Pirates, Mansion, Splash, all of Fantasyland, etc look way old and dated by comparison. I know that there would be a very vocal group of people who would hate it, but I think they need to go either ride by ride or maybe even land by land and update everything with the newest and most modern animatronics, sound system, ride systems, etc. They would probably need to re-record most of the audio (like the narration for the Haunted Mansion) to go with the updated audio, and that's something else that people would freak out about, but overall I think that the majority of guests would like it, and if it's done well enough, the people who think they're going to hate it would be won over. Plus, Disney could even add more special merchandising events for AP's like every year on the Haunted Mansions' birthday you get to ride it with the original narration. It would probably cost billions of dollars so I don't imagine they'd ever do it, but boy it would be cool.
    Good argument!

    Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    There must be a few retired Country Bears looking for work.
    But aren't we recruiting fresh blood?

  12. #42

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    And also bring back the real voice of Sallah in the queue.
    Huh? What did they replace him or something?

  13. #43

    • Former Churro Jockey
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Westminster, CA
    Posts
    1,098

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    Yeah, I'd say I'm 99% sure it's not him anymore, and it hasn't been for probably 10 years or so. When Indy first opened they did have the actual actor voicing Sallah, and then all of a sudden the dialogue changed, and the person just doesn't sound quite the same. It's close, but the person's voice is not quite as deep. I think it happened around the time they added fastpass, so I think that was right around 2000 or so.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

    My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

  14. #44

    • The Pumpkin King
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    That's interesting, because it sounds like him to me?

    Hhhhmmm...

  15. #45

    • Evil is Sexy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Chula Vista, California, United States
    Posts
    878

    Re: What ride would you enhance?

    I don't think it would be too hard to bring back John Rhys-Davies to do the voiceover. Just don't ask him to do the "Asp Line" and he'll be hunky dory.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

    Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] What ride would you improve and how?
    By Auroraflame in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:34 AM
  2. What ride would you ride with Walt Disney?
    By AlwaysImagineer in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
  3. What ride would you NOT want to work?
    By Leofoenget in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 09:09 PM
  4. What Ride Would You Like To See Holiday Themed?
    By llama5492 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 08:37 AM
  5. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 08:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •