Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

What ride would you enhance?

There are certain rides I pass by on every trip which make me think “As much as I enjoy this, it could be better if they had done…” So, I pose the question to you. What ride would you correct, add or alter to make it better?

The rules are that it must be in the same land area it currently occupies (no making Space Mountain take over all of Tomorrowland), but you can imagine vertically up or underground. Second, the ride must use the same physical form of operation it currently does (no making Star Tours a roller coaster). Other than that, let your imaginations run wild.

I have two changes.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this ride. But I think it could use a little more. There are times in the ride, particularly with the ship vs. fort battle and when the pirates are in the armory where I think it could use more. My thought would be to add some sort of pirates swinging from one point to another to either attack the fort or get more stuff in the armory. That way, it gives a new dimension to the ride and keeps the action going during some of the slower times. I think the ship vs. fort battle could use just a bit more in that area.

2. Peter Pan

Again, this is a ride I greatly enjoy. I just think it is too short! The story is so rich with detail in the many areas that Peter and company visit that they didn’t cover it enough in the ride.

My first change in making the ride longer would be to dig underground more. By adding depth to the ride, it could increase the ride time. The ride would journey from London, to Neverland and as you leave the tour of the island, you then journey into Skull Rock. There could be several scenes from there that could be added. Plus I would make sure to give Tic Toc some more visibility in the scene chasing Capt. Hook.

By going down, we must come back up. When venturing back up, we can come into Peter and the Lost Boys hideout and explore that area. Also, since turns would be needed to fit in the space constraints, the ride would spend more time on Hook’s ship battling the pirates. Lastly, I would find a way to have the golden ship follow you out to the exit.

These are just a few of my thoughts.

Re: What ride would you enhance?

Gadgets go coaster! It's so fun but it should be longer possibly by making it bigger long ways, or letting you go through 2 or 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by mpabis525 View Post

1. Pirates of the Caribbean.
    I second Pirates. There was a thread a while back asking how we would have added Jack into pirates if we were in charge. I Proposed replacing the drunk pirate on the bridge with a drunk Mr Gibbs rambling on about pirate lore, superstition, and the adventures of Jack sparrow. Use that as a segway into a new portion with Jack, Mermaids, ghosts, monsters and what not from the movies.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

•   

Redo space mountain to add special effects make the stars better redo the car audio cause last time I was there my cars audio was busted and redo the power up scene with the blue lights because some wernt working. I would also redo the video on Soarin and make it HD

I would have Soarin changed to show only ONE scene or vista over the course of 5 minutes or so, rather than the current dozen or so scenes that are just seconds. This will enhance the likelihood of the guest being immersed into the experience. The current fast cuts spoil the illusion IMO. The scenes would rotate, which would add a sort of collectability factor to the ride, a la Star Tours, which would promote multiple visits.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

Soarin! Totally needs something new...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

There's only one answer to this question, and it's a good one:

GRIZZLY RIVER RUN

Needs.... grizzlies.

Something like this:

http://disneydose.com/wp-content/upl...d_50414993.jpg

• Minion

The Little Mermaid to address the ceiling of the Under the Sea room, and completely redo the Kiss the Girl, True Loves Kiss, and Finale seen to make them look less cheap using more realistic looking plants and real water. I would change the True Loves Kiss by making it reflect the Giant Ursula scene but on a smaller scale. Ursula would almost be normal size like the other one, but the sunken ship Eric rides to kill Ursula would be small to reflect Ursula's monstrous size, and Eric would look like an action figure. Meanwhile, there would be a whirlpool in front of her (and obviously Ariel cannot be seen, for she is trapped in the whirlpool). Lightning and rain can be seen in a similar manner as POTC but less extreme. It would be like witnessing the scene from a distance away. Meanwhile, the finale would have Triton with the plastic hair like at Disney World, real water would be used, and Ariel's sisters would be seen, and Triton shoots off a rainbow instead of fireworks.

• world class bilge rat

Snow White needs to have an actual ending. It sort of stops the way it is. It looks like they ran out of room and just ended it. Another couple of scenes would make it flow better.

I'd like to de-enhance Pirates a bit; get rid of all the Capt. Jack Sparrows. It was great before they 'enhanced' it. DL is supposed to be a place to forget reality for a while, not be reminded of it by using animatronics based on living people.

• No Disassemble!

Space Mountain... loop... no need for further explanation.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I'd like to de-enhance Pirates a bit; get rid of all the Capt. Jack Sparrows. It was great before they 'enhanced' it.
    I totally agree with this. Pirates is almost everyone's favorite ride, and personally I think the addition of Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones, and Barbosa to a lesser extent, clash with the classic version of the ride. The original pirates were Walt's era's conception of what pirates were, whereas Capt. Jack is Johnny Depp's conception of what a pirate is. Though in theory I like the idea of coming full circle with the ride having characters from the movie which was inspired by the ride, I think the actual result lacks flow.

For me personally, I'm gonna address this topic in relation to two of my all-time favorite characters: Toad and Jessica Rabbit.

I don't like that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride doesn't follow the story of The Wind in the Willows and that the ride ends with Toadie in hell. I mean seriously, what is that all about?!?! Everytime I go on that ride I STILL don't get what that's all about and why Disney would let a ride NOT end in a "happily ever after" scenario, especially a Fantasyland ride!

And with regard to Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, I simply wish the Jessica Rabbit figures on the ride looked more like the way she's animated in the film. They coulda hit a home run with that but instead she looks like some cheap knock off with a poorly done face.

Pooh. If they upped the budget by 20% in the first place it could have been a great ride. Specifically some actual heffalumps and woozles instead of wood cut outs. Right now, it is a charming but cheap ride.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It would be awesome to swap out Anaheim's Space Mountain for Paris'

• Banned User

My biggest problem with Tower of Terror is it isn't scary enough and the opening/closing segment in the elevator platform needs an spectacular opening and an equally spectacular ending. They should start by developing a storyline that allows the room to transform from reality towards an other dimensional world. This can be done by projecting images on the walls and doors that show where they're going in the same way Universal did to the Harry Potter ride.

The Hyperion Theater lobby needs to be enclosed. They need to finish the theater exterior.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast