Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: DCA's Phase 2 will cost Disney An additional 1.6 Billion!

To me, Ariel just comes from "THE SEA"

If anything the Caribbean, since Sebastian has a Calypso accent.

• Evil is Sexy

I'd like them to upgrade the Hyperion's lobby area and add/build a second theatre for another show based off a Disney movie. Live shows were always what I loved the most about Disney growing up.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• -

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I'd like them to upgrade the Hyperion's lobby area and add/build a second theatre for another show based off a Disney movie. Live shows were always what I loved the most about Disney growing up.
    I'm all for them enclosing the lobby, but I don't think we need a second theater. One per park is sufficient.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I stand corrected, but it still doesn't make her fit any better.
    I don't think of TLM as about Ariel... I think of it as a classic California boardwalk dark ride... here is just happens to be based on TLM, whereas on another CA boardwalk the dark ride may use different source material. The building the ride is in certainly reinforces this.

Think of it like Midway Mania... the building and its theme depict a classic set of boardwalk games, but the ride has familiar Disney characters as opposed to generic games. At TLM the building and its theme depict a classic boardwalk dark ride(I believe its based on a building on the Santa Cruz boardwalk?), but the ride is themed to a classic Disney character as opposed to a generic spook house theme.

Sure its a stretch, but Monstropolis/Marvel/Star Wars on the other hand... now I don't see those fitting at all. And even if TLM doesn't fit, calsig31 is right that its no excuse to keep abandoning theme.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    Carsland is 80% based off of Arizona, Oklahoma, Utah Texas on Route 66 . . . Y
    Yeah I love teasing about how Carsland does not fit in California Adventure, more like "Utah/Arizona Adventure" to me.

Anyway, I hope a DCA 2.5 is in the works; and if it costs as much as DCAfanatic speculated, Disney fans can look forward to some great theme park experiences!

• "What is thy bidding?"

I love ideas..

Here are some crazy ideas for DCA 2.0 (phase II)

relocate the bumper cars from "Bugs Land" to Paradise pier and retheme them to that area.

Then continue to gut "Bugs Land" ...hold on this may be good..

Add a log flume attraction in that area that pays homage to the bears from the lost Bear Jamboree attraction. Would be a great to blend Cars Land to plush rocky mountains...

Then...the area next to Cars Land. a defunct Manor out in the desert, continuing the dessert theme.."trackless ride." HK variation but diffrent storyline.

And the mine train that was mentioned in a previous post...

I also hope DCA 2.0 is in the works

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Goofy View Post

Then continue to gut "Bugs Land" ...hold on this may be good..

Add a log flume attraction in that area that pays homage to the bears from the lost Bear Jamboree attraction. Would be a great to blend Cars Land to plush rocky mountains...
    First, I'm not in favor of removing a bunch of rides with no height requirement for a flume ride which will most likely have a 40" minimum.

Secondly, the Rockies don't run through CA.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sharkslayer

Lightbulb Re: DCA's Phase 2 will cost Disney An additional 1.6 Billion!

How about this:

* New Show for Hyperion Theatre replace Aladdin. It could a clone of Finding Nemo: The Musical from Animal Kingdom or a 25-minutes version of The Lion King on Broadway.

* Monstropolis mini-land with Monsters' Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue stay, but with a new Facade. A new Monster's Inc. Door Coaster, that will replace Muppet-Vision 3D and Stage 17, and a Harry Haunsen restaurant.

* A new lobby for The Art of Disney Animation.

* A new mini-area: Game Alley. with some attractions: Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Rescue, a 4D Motion Simulator ride that is manufactured by SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment; Wreck-It Ralph's Wet Dump, a Water Playground; and a restaurant named Arcade Grill, that serves Burgers, Fries and Chicken.

* a bug's land will become into Sugar Rush, as part of Game Alley.

* A New parade: Disney's Spectacular Parade, featuring Disney's Fan Favorite Characters like Phineas and Ferb, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Wreck-It Ralph and Monsters' University.

* I think a new Monorail Station at DCA, It's not a Bad Idea.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I think the chances of a genuine Phase 2 being seen anywhere but an Art of Imagineering book are slim to none.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    * Monstropolis mini-land with Monsters' Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue stay, but with a new Facade. A new Monster's Inc. Door Coaster, that will replace Muppet-Vision 3D and Stage 17, and a Harry Haunsen restaurant.

* A new mini-area: Game Alley. with some attractions: Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Rescue, a 4D Motion Simulator ride that is manufactured by SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment; Wreck-It Ralph's Wet Dump, a Water Playground; and a restaurant named Arcade Grill, that serves Burgers, Fries and Chicken.

* a bug's land will become into Sugar Rush, as part of Game Alley.
    I like some of your ideas, however I am not in favor of the above as they have nothing to do with the theme of the park.

Five years from now I'll look back remembering what it was like to pay under $1,000 per day to get in the parks. I think they'll layout $500 mil max for phase 2.

They should use expensive after hour events to fund the Hyperion theater makeover.

• world class bilge rat

Why not spend the 1.6 billion on executive pay raises and bonuses? Oh wait, they already do.....

Seriously, TDC has spent a lot of money in DCA recently, I'd be willing to bet they'll wait until they see solid numbers, not just transient trends, before they'll pour another ton of cash into the park.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The executive salary issue is an interesting one. I am pretty sure we don't want to see what a CEO that works for $100,000 would do to the company though.

As for DCA, it still has areas that need work like the East Pier and Hollywoodland. I don't support the Monsters Mini-Land at all. I dislike Cars Land as a concept but at the same time the car culture and Route 66 tie ins are there to fit it with California. I hope from here on out they strengthen the lands that are there instead of laying more franchises over existing areas. I have to say that as an out of towner, the California theme does make good sense and the resort really does need to go after Tourists to continue to grow.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    The executive salary issue is an interesting one. I am pretty sure we don't want to see what a CEO that works for $100,000 would do to the company though.

As for DCA, it still has areas that need work like the East Pier and Hollywoodland. I don't support the Monsters Mini-Land at all. I dislike Cars Land as a concept but at the same time the car culture and Route 66 tie ins are there to fit it with California. I hope from here on out they strengthen the lands that are there instead of laying more franchises over existing areas. I have to say that as an out of towner, the California theme does make good sense and the resort really does need to go after Tourists to continue to grow.
    I completely agree, but I have to add, when done right the California theme is appealing to me as a local too and many others. California has a lot of cool history and lore to explore. There are ways of fitting marketable characters into the park without destroying the theme, but that needs to be done with careful decisions.

Most of the new direction has been positive, but it does have some issues. But now I fear that they're starting to head in the wrong direction. It seems that the success of Cars Land on top of Potter's in Orlando is making them think that movie themed lands are the way to go. They also have to realize that those are successful due to their compelling locations and top notch immersion into a fantasy world.

Cars Land, has some issues in my opinion in that there's not much depth to the immersion. But I also don't feel like the land deserves much more real estate as there's not much more story to tell. That's the problem with movie themes for whole lands in general, but in these two cases it works fairly well. But that's just not always the case, many (probably most) film properties do not make for good entire lands.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    The same thing that Ariels Undersea Adventure, It's Tough to be a Bug, Midway Mania, King Tritons Carousel and Cars Land have to do with California....
    Actually....Ariel and Triton perfectly fit the theme of the Pier, as nautical myths are very present in the architecture of California Pier design. This has been explained to death.

Cars Land is route 66, whether people like it or not.

Midway is just a game in a Pier area. It fits the theme of its land and that's all it needs.

As for Bugs, they certainly don't break the theme, they just don't enhance it. The film could be anywhere.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast