Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: DCA's Phase 2 will cost Disney An additional 1.6 Billion!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    How about this:

* New Show for Hyperion Theatre replace Aladdin. It could a clone of Finding Nemo: The Musical from Animal Kingdom or a 25-minutes version of The Lion King on Broadway.

* Monstropolis mini-land with Monsters' Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue stay, but with a new Facade. A new Monster's Inc. Door Coaster, that will replace Muppet-Vision 3D and Stage 17, and a Harry Haunsen restaurant.

* A new lobby for The Art of Disney Animation.

* A new mini-area: Game Alley. with some attractions: Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Rescue, a 4D Motion Simulator ride that is manufactured by SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment; Wreck-It Ralph's Wet Dump, a Water Playground; and a restaurant named Arcade Grill, that serves Burgers, Fries and Chicken.

* a bug's land will become into Sugar Rush, as part of Game Alley.

* A New parade: Disney's Spectacular Parade, featuring Disney's Fan Favorite Characters like Phineas and Ferb, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Wreck-It Ralph and Monsters' University.

* I think a new Monorail Station at DCA, It's not a Bad Idea.
    The theatre needs a renovation, but not with that awful Nemo musical.

Monster's needs to be completely removed from DCA, not take up more space.

And the parade should feature classic characters that tie in to the older style of DCA. Disney Channel characters look ridiculous in this land.

Other than that, I'm fine with these ideas.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

These days, wouldn't it technically be "Disney Spectacular Parade"? haha

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeySmurfette24 View Post
    How about this:

* New Show for Hyperion Theatre replace Aladdin. It could a clone of Finding Nemo: The Musical from Animal Kingdom or a 25-minutes version of The Lion King on Broadway.

* Monstropolis mini-land with Monsters' Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue stay, but with a new Facade. A new Monster's Inc. Door Coaster, that will replace Muppet-Vision 3D and Stage 17, and a Harry Haunsen restaurant.

* A new lobby for The Art of Disney Animation.

* A new mini-area: Game Alley. with some attractions: Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Rescue, a 4D Motion Simulator ride that is manufactured by SimEx-Iwerks Entertainment; Wreck-It Ralph's Wet Dump, a Water Playground; and a restaurant named Arcade Grill, that serves Burgers, Fries and Chicken.

* a bug's land will become into Sugar Rush, as part of Game Alley.

* A New parade: Disney's Spectacular Parade, featuring Disney's Fan Favorite Characters like Phineas and Ferb, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Wreck-It Ralph and Monsters' University.

* I think a new Monorail Station at DCA, It's not a Bad Idea.
    So the latest rumor Al has heard plus the latest Disney movie in release, resulting in a 2 billion dollar investment in - nothing - that advances the theme of Disney California Adventure... This is someone's idea of a good idea? Interesting, is this because you haven't thought it all the way through, because whatever they do is good enough, or because you think - wow - with 2 billion dollars, this is the best thing we could come up with?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post

Other than that, I'm fine with these ideas.
    So said Eisner when he greenlighted 1.0

• Nic

No more Pixar! I think Pixar is a great Disney franchise, but how much more can we force into CA Adventure without going overboard?

Here's what I'd like to see

• Spanish culture. Mexican-Americans have contributed to California's rich culture since California was simply a Mexican territory. Zorro would be the absolute perfect mascot for this, seeing as his alternate identity, is a Californio nobleman. This proposed land could take up Pacific Wharf, having the perfect backdrop of Cars Land's mountain range.

• A provocative 1/2 of Hollywoodland. Buena Vista Street has life, because while it still retains the spirit of Disney, it's more adult. What Hollywoodland needs is the Hyperion Theatre, down to Tower of Terror, glamorous, lively, and... dare I say, sexier. Hollywoodland right now, to me, feels very Disney. I don't think this is a problem on the street with Disney Jr., Animation, Monsters Inc., Sorcerer's Workshop, etc., but Hollywoodland should feel like the epitome of the rousing 20s.

• New voiceovers for rides.

• Getting the lilypads that pop out from under the water hidden.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Nutty about Disney parks

The only things that DCA phase 2 should focus on are...

- Plussing GRR with animatronics.
    - New attraction or meet in greet in the former Maliboomer area.
    - The drive in restaraunt for Carsland.
    - Additional new ride(s) and show(s) to Hollywoodland and the 1930s retheming.

Basically the original phase 2 plan which could cost upmost the same as phase 1 but in a likely case not so much.

Now if they were to do a phase 3, I could see it going something like this.

-Replacing GSS with something else.
    -Buying out the hotels in the NE corridor of Harbor and Katella thus providing more backstage and park expansion room.
    -Relocation the parade float building and destroying the one that can be seen by guests (the one between PP and Carsland)
    -Retheming and/or replacing of A Bug's Land
    -Expansion of area between Pacific Wharf and PP (perhaps add an attraction to Pacific Wharf)
    -Minor expansion of GCH and DTD areas

But this would cost a lot more than phase 3 so this could be phases 3 & 4.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    The only things that DCA phase 2 should focus on are...

- Plussing GRR with animatronics.
    - New attraction or meet in greet in the former Maliboomer area.
    - The drive in restaraunt for Carsland.
    - Additional new ride(s) and show(s) to Hollywoodland and the 1930s retheming.

Basically the original phase 2 plan which could cost upmost the same as phase 1 but in a likely case not so much.

Now if they were to do a phase 3, I could see it going something like this.

-Replacing GSS with something else.
    -Buying out the hotels in the NE corridor of Harbor and Katella thus providing more backstage and park expansion room.
    -Relocation the parade float building and destroying the one that can be seen by guests (the one between PP and Carsland)
    -Retheming and/or replacing of A Bug's Land
    -Expansion of area between Pacific Wharf and PP (perhaps add an attraction to Pacific Wharf)
    -Minor expansion of GCH and DTD areas

But this would cost a lot more than phase 3 so this could be phases 3 & 4.
    all of this should be done in phase 2, I mean , come on it will take them 5 years

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    So said Eisner when he greenlighted 1.0
    I don't see how that applies to what I said at all...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I don't see how that applies to what I said at all...
    "Other than that, I'm fine with these ideas" means: You're not challenging people enough.

Like, "Put in some kind of farm; Put in a farm, and other than that, I'm fine with these ideas."

• Familymemories

Actually hoping they don't do anything else. I did not like the work walls when they were up. Our family totally enjoyed DCA in October.
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by familymemories View Post
    Actually hoping they don't do anything else. I did not like the work walls when they were up. Our family totally enjoyed DCA in October.
    No I love the "Pardon Our Dust" walls, well I got so much use to them over the last 5 years !

Sorry, but as much as I love DCA (and I do!), "California" is about as good a theme for a theme park as "Earth!" I mean, sure, California has some great, exciting things about it, but is California really all that different from, say, Nevada or Arizona? Seems to me that the only things that really distinguish California from its neighbors are the beaches and what humans brought (which all of America also claims as its own).

Clearly, the theme has already been compromised (Toy Story, Little Mermaid, WoC, ToT (there, I said it), Bugs land, Cars Land (based VERY clearly on ARIZONA's Monument Valley). Why not just admit that California Adventure is just another Disney park, and move on with the new things?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Past out of theme attractions are no excuse for further muddling the theme. That said, not all of the things on your list are out of theme.

Midway Mania – While not directly tied to CA, it is directly tied into the location where it was placed. These are Midway games and they are located on a Midway. This further enhances the theme of the Pier.
    King Triton’s Carousel – Similar to Midway Mania. While not directly tied to CA, it is a typical amusement pier type of attraction and goes to the theme of the overall area, especially with the aquatic animals.
    Cars Land – The movie never states where this town actually is. This is tied into CA due to the CA car culture, and CA being the western terminus of Route 66. Further, the landscaping does resemble some of the desert regions of CA.

I agree, though, there is something blatantly wrong thematically with a Dutch mermaid on a CA pier. But I’ll reiterate, just because Disney decided to let this slide in order to shoehorn another character ride into the park is not a good enough reason to further throw theme out the window.
    I don't think Disney let the California theme "slide", it was meant to be a tourist trap to keep out of state guests on property and not visiting the real California (yes, Disney thought that their Golden Gate would compete with the real thing). It didn't work! That's reason enough to kick this theme to the side. They keep the name because that is how the park is started and everybody calls it "DCA", but they obviously removed those ugly California letters and golden gate bridge . . .

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by xboxtravis7992 View Post
    Yeah I love teasing about how Carsland does not fit in California Adventure, more like "Utah/Arizona Adventure" to me.

Anyway, I hope a DCA 2.5 is in the works; and if it costs as much as DCAfanatic speculated, Disney fans can look forward to some great theme park experiences!
    They might do some cosmetic surgery, but where would a new land go? Carsland was built on a parking lot, and the stores on Sunshine Plaza were kept, basically only their facades were changed. Disney needs to abandon the Paradise Pier concept and remove all of those junkety rides, but it would be hard to squeeze any rides into the space as the Ferris wheel and others don't take up much horizontal space.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    First, I'm not in favor of removing a bunch of rides with no height requirement for a flume ride which will most likely have a 40" minimum.

Secondly, the Rockies don't run through CA.
    When DCA was a proven failure, they had a choice to make: rip out ALL of the junk, including Paradise Pier, and do something amazing, or put in Carsland an re-do the entrance maybe to fool guests into thinking that all of the park looks that good. I think it came down to money, otherwise the California theme would be junked. California isn't some magical experience, IMHO, and despite the fact that a lot of films are made in California, outside of California people don't view the state as having this wonderful mythology and special little sub-culture. Would you want to visit a theme park that was "Disney's New York State Adventure"? They could have a replica Central Park, skyscrapper roller coaster, and rides depicting the wonderful rural world of upstate New York, and a mysterious sewer ride. Or maybe a "Disney's Florida Adventure" which celebrates the state of Florida.

Give me a break. GRR is a Knotts rip off ride that doesn't look as good as the Knott's version and if you want to see the real Redwoods, the Disney version doesn't cut it.

Monument Valley also isn't in California, yet there is a Cars version in DCA. DCA doesn't "celebrate" California, that is how they sold it to the APers, it's aim is for foreigners and out-of-staters to keep them from leaving the property to go to Knotts, Hollywood, etc . . .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast