Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Senior Minion

Re: DCA's Phase 2 will cost Disney An additional 1.6 Billion!

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    When DCA was a proven failure, they had a choice to make: rip out ALL of the junk, including Paradise Pier, and do something amazing, or put in Carsland an re-do the entrance maybe to fool guests into thinking that all of the park looks that good. I think it came down to money, otherwise the California theme would be junked. California isn't some magical experience, IMHO, and despite the fact that a lot of films are made in California, outside of California people don't view the state as having this wonderful mythology and special little sub-culture. Would you want to visit a theme park that was "Disney's New York State Adventure"? They could have a replica Central Park, skyscrapper roller coaster, and rides depicting the wonderful rural world of upstate New York, and a mysterious sewer ride. Or maybe a "Disney's Florida Adventure" which celebrates the state of Florida.

Give me a break. GRR is a Knotts rip off ride that doesn't look as good as the Knott's version and if you want to see the real Redwoods, the Disney version doesn't cut it.

Monument Valley also isn't in California, yet there is a Cars version in DCA. DCA doesn't "celebrate" California, that is how they sold it to the APers, it's aim is for foreigners and out-of-staters to keep them from leaving the property to go to Knotts, Hollywood, etc . . .
    Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    -Buying out the hotels in the NE corridor of Harbor and Katella thus providing more backstage and park expansion room.
    I assume you mean the NW corner of Harbor and Katella. It could help with storage for a parade route, though how do you know that Disney doesn't already own this motel?

In the past, Disney has secretly bought up motel chains around the resort, and continued to run them under the old management and without a name change . . . you might have stayed at a Disney motel and not even known it.

And a couple of "good neighbors" might well be Mickey in all but name
    Last edited by chesirecat; 04-19-2013 at 07:31 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    First, I'm not in favor of removing a bunch of rides with no height requirement for a flume ride which will most likely have a 40" minimum.

Secondly, the Rockies don't run through CA.
    Wait, he said 'rocky' not 'Rocky'.

And I did not know you were only 39"!

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    When DCA was a proven failure, they had a choice to make: rip out ALL of the junk, including Paradise Pier, and do something amazing, or put in Carsland an re-do the entrance maybe to fool guests into thinking that all of the park looks that good. I think it came down to money, otherwise the California theme would be junked. California isn't some magical experience, IMHO, and despite the fact that a lot of films are made in California, outside of California people don't view the state as having this wonderful mythology and special little sub-culture. Would you want to visit a theme park that was "Disney's New York State Adventure"? They could have a replica Central Park, skyscrapper roller coaster, and rides depicting the wonderful rural world of upstate New York, and a mysterious sewer ride. Or maybe a "Disney's Florida Adventure" which celebrates the state of Florida.

Give me a break. GRR is a Knotts rip off ride that doesn't look as good as the Knott's version and if you want to see the real Redwoods, the Disney version doesn't cut it.

Monument Valley also isn't in California, yet there is a Cars version in DCA. DCA doesn't "celebrate" California, that is how they sold it to the APers, it's aim is for foreigners and out-of-staters to keep them from leaving the property to go to Knotts, Hollywood, etc . . .
    This! Except, I do happen to like Paradise Pier. It's a pleasant reprieve from the crowds. I like the way they broke up the space. And the beer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234