Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Talking DCA's Phase 2 will cost Disney An additional 1.6 Billion!

With DCA attracting more 11 million guests in 2012, with its DCA phase 1 completion and Iger stating in 2010 that if this first phase was a hit , he would ok DCA's Phase 2, and by looking at the first years numbers it might happen, and whats left I say about 1.5 Billion would do it and thats at the max? so lets get started and please share your thoughts!

Ok the first 550 Million into the now Worst Land in the whole resort "Hollywood Land"

Ok where do we get started

Monstropolis Ride E ticket ride this would replace muppets 3d and stage 17 - 250 million

Now stage 12 is the interesting one, here it goes DCA will finally have a Monorail Stop - Cost 100 Million

and the last thing would be a c ticket attraction behind ToT lot, a omnimover Great movie theme ride - Cost 200 mil

Secondly Soarin will become Soarin Over the World!, - Cost 50 Million

Grizzley Peak ,

GRR will get A ride with in the ride, a ride with animatronics - Cost 250 mil

Redwood Greek will become a Mine train ride!- cost 150 Mil

Also New ride will go Behind California Scream next to TSMM -Cost $ 100 Mil

A entirely New Land would extend in the present Simba Lot

it will either a Star Wars Land or a Marvel theme Land! I'll leave this land to you! share your thoughts!

one more thing it Phase 2 would start in 2014 and would finish in 2019 when DCA turns 18 meaning DCA is graduating from H.S

I knows its wishful thinking but one can only dream right!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: DCA's Phase 2 will cost Disney An additional 1.6 Billion!

I think that TDA will not jump for any idea that would completely loose the California from California Adventure. First, Soarin' would not get that world update here at DLR it would most likely happen at Epcot to fit the Land Pavilion. Second, GRR would not get AA figures because the attraction is a 360 view ride and it would be hard to direct a story from rotating at any random time. Third, Disney would never build a rollercoaster next to a hotel because of noise problems. Finally, be carful while posting stuff like this is should be labeled as an Idea opposed to other. The moderators will fix the correction for you but this is an idea and it fits into that category and is not an Other category. Keep the ideas coming!
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Hello ticket/AP price increases... :/

• New Member Goes Forth

Some of the things mentioned have not even been rumered by Disney themselves. They will proberly wait a few years before they invest the money.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I think that TDA will not jump for any idea that would completely loose the California from California Adventure. First, Soarin' would not get that world update here at DLR it would most likely happen at Epcot to fit the Land Pavilion. Second, GRR would not get AA figures because the attraction is a 360 view ride and it would be hard to direct a story from rotating at any random time. Third, Disney would never build a rollercoaster next to a hotel because of noise problems. Finally, be carful while posting stuff like this is should be labeled as an Idea opposed to other. The moderators will fix the correction for you but this is an idea and it fits into that category and is not an Other category. Keep the ideas coming!
    1. The California theme was just thought up by Eisner as a way to offer to DLR guests what the rest of California offered that was supposedly luring them off the property, i.e. old pier side amusement park, tacky souvenir shops, Knotts style water ride, roller coaster with little theming, Hollywood, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Pacific Northwest i.e. Redwood Challenge . . . this theme failed. Carsland is 80% based off of Arizona, Oklahoma, Utah Texas on Route 66 . . . and it is the most successful part of the park. I think the California theme is dead. Monstropolis wouldn't be California (it is actually stylistically more like New York City).

2. Many rides have "360" stories, Pirates, HM, and others, so that you might see on thing one time and a different thing another time depending on where you'r head is. Pooh's Huny Hunt (Tokyo) actually rotates 360 through scenes, if they added a lot of animatronic wildlife, it would plus the ride and because the water craft rotates alot, you get different vistas of the animatronics, even if it didn't rotate, you'd get to see at least 50% of them.

3. I think the author made it clear that this was just speculation with the last lines.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Monstropolis Ride E ticket ride this would replace muppets ...
    ...Secondly Soarin will become Soarin Over the World!,...
    ...it will either a Star Wars Land ...
    I'm sorry, but what do these have to do with CA?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I think that TDA will not jump for any idea that would completely loose the California from California Adventure. First, Soarin' would not get that world update here at DLR it would most likely happen at Epcot to fit the Land Pavilion. ... Keep the ideas coming!
    Well since Soarin' has two 'bays' or theaters, why not have a DOMESTIC or INTERNATIONAL option? California has two major international airports that have flights to China, Paris, Africa etc.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Dont ask me ask Disney?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Dont ask me ask Disney?
    Yeah but you're the one who has suggested this should be the blueprint for Phase II, unless I'm mistaken. These certainly arent plans that have been announced by Disney.

• Banned User

The Hollywood section definitely needs some fixing of the theme with new rides. My biggest problem with Tower of Terror is it isn't scary enough and the opening/closing segment in the elevator platform needs an spectacular opening and an equally spectacular ending. They should start by developing a storyline that allows the room to transform from reality towards an other dimensional world. This can be done by projecting images on the walls and doors that show where they're going in the same way Universal did to the Harry Potter ride.

The Hyperion Theater lobby needs to be enclosed. They need to finish the theater exterior.

Beyond Tower of Terror, there a whole lot of space that will fit new rides and experiences.

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    The Hollywood section definitely needs some fixing of the theme with new rides. My biggest problem with Tower of Terror is it isn't scary enough and the opening/closing segment in the elevator platform needs an spectacular opening and an equally spectacular ending. They should start by developing a storyline that allows the room to transform from reality towards an other dimensional world. This can be done by projecting images on the walls and doors that show where they're going in the same way Universal did to the Harry Potter ride.

The Hyperion Theater lobby needs to be enclosed. They need to finish the theater exterior.

Beyond Tower of Terror, there a whole lot of space that will fit new rides and experiences.
    Agreed w/ all of above. Also Hyperion needs bathrooms inside. :-)
    BTW. although the California theme is still not very strong; it is still there... Beach boardwalk, BVS, Condor Flats, etc.

I would suggest changes to strengthen it... i.e. a new version of the Great Movie Ride with the end being more 3d/projection oriented to allow for quicker updates. In Hollywood Land, of course. I would replace "It's tough to be a Bug" and replace Muppetvision w/ a AA & 3D projection version of the Muppet Show.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The same thing that Ariels Undersea Adventure, It's Tough to be a Bug, Midway Mania, King Tritons Carousel and Cars Land have to do with California....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    The same thing that Ariels Undersea Adventure, It's Tough to be a Bug, Midway Mania, King Tritons Carousel and Cars Land have to do with California....
    Past out of theme attractions are no excuse for further muddling the theme. That said, not all of the things on your list are out of theme.

Midway Mania – While not directly tied to CA, it is directly tied into the location where it was placed. These are Midway games and they are located on a Midway. This further enhances the theme of the Pier.
    King Triton’s Carousel – Similar to Midway Mania. While not directly tied to CA, it is a typical amusement pier type of attraction and goes to the theme of the overall area, especially with the aquatic animals.
    Cars Land – The movie never states where this town actually is. This is tied into CA due to the CA car culture, and CA being the western terminus of Route 66. Further, the landscaping does resemble some of the desert regions of CA.

I agree, though, there is something blatantly wrong thematically with a Dutch mermaid on a CA pier. But I’ll reiterate, just because Disney decided to let this slide in order to shoehorn another character ride into the park is not a good enough reason to further throw theme out the window.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Ariel, if she's based on Andersen, is Danish, not Dutch.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Ariel, if she's based on Andersen, is Danish, not Dutch.
    I stand corrected, but it still doesn't make her fit any better.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast