Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Down Pluto!

Re: Shame on Disney: Annette Funicello

Jobs had more money than Annette. Disney no longer respects history - just money. Apparently they now only lower the flags for the loss of a corporatist that has influence on their bottom line.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• I'm from Canada eh!

***facepalm***

• Disneymom

I think we all got away from the original post. Annette was an Icon and should have been remembered. It would have been nice to see her love of Walt and Disney displayed for her fans to see. She did alot for the Disney name and should have been rewarded for that even in her death. RIP Annette.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    ***facepalm***
    Facepalm indeed.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I don't want to minimize OP's complaint, because I think it is worth noting at minimum. But when I see these, I often wonder how impossible a position the Disney company is in, when every single move, or non-move they make is dissected and cross referenced and over analyzed. I can't think of any organization at the moment that is not permitted to make a mistake to the degree that the Disney company is not.
    Seriously.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Jobs had more money than Annette. Disney no longer respects history - just money. Apparently they now only lower the flags for the loss of a corporatist that has influence on their bottom line.
    But this opinion doesn't stop you from supporting them?

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by lou_mom View Post
    I think we all got away from the original post. Annette was an Icon and should have been remembered. It would have been nice to see her love of Walt and Disney displayed for her fans to see. She did alot for the Disney name and should have been rewarded for that even in her death. RIP Annette.
    And she was.

• Minion

Not surprising really. Most corporations only have a certain amount of named execs they recognize. The little ones go unnoticed a lot of the times. Kind of silly to think poeple would stop support Disneyland because of it though. Each of us can go to the parks and remember Annette in our own way. I remember Walt with my own way when I am at Disneyland.

I....what? Think before you complain. Maybe say it out loud first. This is ridiculous.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Banned User

I don't think Annette Funicello should be compared to Steve Jobs with his tribute. Does this mean everyone will be measured by the Steve Jobs metric?

Steve Jobs wasn't a pleasant person, but he was a technology innovator. Whatever he got, he deserved despite his personality.

Annette is fondly remembered for her contribution to Disney features. Yet, we also have many forgotten Mousketeers and Disney actors. She was the most famous one.

Okay, Disney is a soulless corporation and to be upset about it is forgetting the obvious.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    But this opinion doesn't stop you from supporting them?
    Then think of Disneyland as a friend....would you really stop talking to a friend because he didn't show up to a funeral that ment something....maybe but most people would say they think they made the wrong choice but still be friends with the person

Also we have to remember many of the boards are older and remember when Disney ment something else before....the crappy 80's movies..before the 90's hit and they just wanted to sell toys..and before 2000's when DCA came out and was not up to Disney Standards

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Meville View Post
    I guess becoming a Disney Legend means nothing from a soulless corporation...

Disney Legends - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*cough* 1992 *cough*

It is sad that she passed and her life really was a big bucket of win, but if you are going to require a window or special ceremony for anyone who made a lasting impression on Disneyland you will need to build a much bigger park...
    Oh come on, it's not just "anyone", its Annette Funicello! She's a Disney icon. Heck the ORANGE GROVE that Disneyland was built on has a window on Main St! Maybe they could stop putting up pointless windows like that and give Annette the window she deserves?

And it doesn't even have to be a window on main st, there are a million different ways they could honor her at Disneyland.

• Sock Puppet

U hit the nail on the head! Exactly.

Love your profile pic by the way

Jobs was the largest individual Disney shareholder and on the board, he deserved special recognition.

The parks would be very different without Steve Jobs, since there would be no Pixar movies.
    No Pixar means: No Bugs Land, No Cars Land, No Buzz Lightyear, No TSMM...

Can Disneyland just up and lower their flags to half staff? I mean all our of flags were lowered when Steve Jobs died but none of our flags were when Annette died. I am pretty sure there is some protocol to follow in relation to flags. You never know, Annette might get a window sometime. That too may take a bit of time to figure out where, what it says etc...
    Don't give up hope yet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast