Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Shame on Disney: Annette Funicello

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    U hit the nail on the head! Exactly.

Love your profile pic by the way
    I disagree. The comment is uninformed.
    Last edited by FreshBakedDisney; 04-18-2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Change in language. Apologies to OP, I did not intend for it to sound personal.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I....what? Think before you complain. Maybe say it out loud first. This is ridiculous.
    Agreed.

I believe when Roy E. Disney passed away they at least lowered the Disney flags. Surprised that Annette didn't at least get that recognition which I thought they would do.

• Banned User

He's hit nothing. The comment is pure blather.
    I agree with this as well.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post

As to how people treat Wal-Mart, they are always packed when I go in there, so Iím not sure what you are referring to.
    oh my.... Wal-Mart is constantly criticized for being a corporate hog that mistreats its employees. However the people who say these things, still go there in droves. That's my point. If you really have such negative feelings about a company, don't support it. There's no point in going up to its customers and complaining though. They've made their choice and they don't care.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    oh my.... Wal-Mart is constantly criticized for being a corporate hog that mistreats its employees. However the people who say these things, still go there in droves. That's my point. If you really have such negative feelings about a company, don't support it. There's no point in going up to its customers and complaining though. They've made their choice and they don't care.
    Thanks. I didn't realize they were known for that. It's not enough to make me stop shopping there, but it explains the quality of employees that they have.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I'm from Canada eh!

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    Oh come on, it's not just "anyone", its Annette Funicello! She's a Disney icon. Heck the ORANGE GROVE that Disneyland was built on has a window on Main St! Maybe they could stop putting up pointless windows like that and give Annette the window she deserves?

And it doesn't even have to be a window on main st, there are a million different ways they could honor her at Disneyland.
    Like making her a Disney Legend? A honor specifically given to people who helped define and shape Disney.

• Banned User

We're way off topic, but yes, their reputation for mistreatment and underpaying is practically legendary. Google info on them vs Costco's model for running a business and you'll see what people are talking about.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I could be wrong but isn't it illegal to lower the US flag to half staff unless its in observance of days like Memorial Day or 911, or unless it is ordered specifically by the President?

I believe the government can order a flag to be flown at half mast. But I don't believe there is any specific prohibition for doing it on other occasions as well. This would be for the US flag only. There are probably different rules for the CA flag, and I'm sure Disney can do whatever it wants with its own flag.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Evil is Sexy

If there is specific allowances for when the flag is presented at half-mast, then Texas doesn't pay attention to it. Not like they would anyway...
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I could be wrong but isn't it illegal to lower the US flag to half staff unless its in observance of days like Memorial Day or 911, or unless it is ordered specifically by the President?
    There isn't a nation wide set of laws that dictate what can be done with the American flag, especially on private property. Procedures, yes, but that isn't the same as a law. The First Amendment trumps the flag as seen by previous flag-burning cases.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

He's hit nothing. The comment is pure blather.
    ADMIN NOTE: You are free to agree or disagree as you will on MiceChat, however, please do not directly attack another member.

Thank you for your help in trying to keep things friendly!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    There isn't a nation wide set of laws that dictate what can be done with the American flag, especially on private property. Procedures, yes, but that isn't the same as a law. The First Amendment trumps the flag as seen by previous flag-burning cases.
    They did lower the flags for Steve Jobs (who sat on the Board of Directors of the Disney Company).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timicus View Post
    Timicus is right.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast