Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Our photo tour of the Iron Man exhibit in Innoventions

The Disney Ninja and I saw the Iron Man exhibit this past Sunday. I had very low expectations for this event as I knew in advance that was designed to be small in scale. Just the suits, the simulator, and some film props. And this is exactly what it was it turns out. But it was still more fun than I thought I would have, even after having had to wait for over an hour to get in.

The first thing we noticed was the line. We got there at 10 am and didn't get inside the building until 11 am.

Yeah, 30 minutes...of standing.

Name:  P1010403.JPG
Views: 1069
Size:  111.8 KB

Name:  P1010484.JPG
Views: 1066
Size:  140.9 KB

New Banners. I like the design. I prefer a minimalist approach myself.

Name:  P1010478.JPG
Views: 1063
Size:  101.1 KB

Name:  P1010479.JPG
Views: 1061
Size:  60.6 KB

Name:  P1010481.JPG
Views: 1056
Size:  86.6 KB

Once inside, you have to walk the way around the top floor to find the Iron Man exhibit. They did ok I guess with the presentation. I suppose the suits etc. speak for themselves. But the interiors of Innoventions in general just stink. But I digress...Here's the hall of armor.

Name:  P1010451.JPG
Views: 1057
Size:  121.3 KB

Name:  P1010475.JPG
Views: 1055
Size:  116.6 KB

There is a small display of film props. I managed only one good shot while in line for the simulator. It was very crowded here.

Name:  P1010462.JPG
Views: 1078
Size:  97.4 KB

The Disney Ninja did simulator the thing, which was cool. It was kind of less cool though having watched about 30 other people do it before we did. It took some of the thrill out of it. But he said he had fun, so...

Name:  IMG_0125.JPG
Views: 1054
Size:  95.5 KBName:  IMG_0129.JPG
Size:  110.6 KBName:  IMG_0132.JPG
Views: 1060
Size:  120.5 KB

For me, this was the highlight of the show. The hall of armor and the newest and latest suit.

Name:  P1010420.JPG
Size:  110.1 KB

Name:  P1010424.JPG
Views: 1052
Size:  97.7 KB

Name:  P1010439.JPG
Views: 1053
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  P1010456.JPG
Views: 1050
Size:  83.4 KB

Name:  P1010470.JPG
Size:  94.0 KB

Name:  P1010448.JPG
Size:  87.8 KB

Name:  P1010445.JPG
Size:  104.0 KB

We were there for a total of 2 hours. 1 hour and 40 minutes of it in line. And it was worth I think. I think this is also fairly convincing evidence that there is more than a little bit of an appetite for Marvel in Disneyland. I think the countdown has begun for a farewell to Innoventions as we know it.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• -

Re: Our photo tour of the Iron Man exhibit in Innoventions

Great pics. Thanks for sharing!
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

nice review, thanks!

You're welcome, and thank you as well!

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Minion

Thank you for writing your review.

The sooner Innoventions goes, the better! It's a hot mess. I haven't stepped inside Innoventions since the late nineties. I haven't seen that many people in line for this attraction in years. I would definitely go and see this exhibit.

Thanks for the review! Huge Iron Man fan and Marvel fan in general over here. Can't wait to check it out during my trip in 2 weeks!
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die. --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• Selfie Expert

Thank you for sharing your photo tour!! I wonder if the crowds will die off quickly or continue to show. I'm hoping it continues to get decent numbers if only to encourage the renovation of Innoventions.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

Gorgeous pics.

It would be neat if they could add displays about the science behind the suits - both the technology that goes into building them for the movie, and relating them to the real-life research on powered exoskeletons that's going on today.

Great pictures- thanks for sharing! I agree with you that I like minimalist design of the posters.

ttintagel- I agree! This is definitely a great chance to showcase the world of tomorrow with real-life exoskeletons and the like. Because there are cool things going on there.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Thank you for writing your review.

The sooner Innoventions goes, the better! It's a hot mess. I haven't stepped inside Innoventions since the late nineties. I haven't seen that many people in line for this attraction in years. I would definitely go and see this exhibit.
    It's a modest exhibit, but worth seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Thank you for sharing your photo tour!! I wonder if the crowds will die off quickly or continue to show. I'm hoping it continues to get decent numbers if only to encourage the renovation of Innoventions.
    I think that's exactly what's going to happen. Disney will see the response and keep moving forward.

While it is nice to see the new Iron Man exhibit drawing in crowds, I personally would not wait more than an hour for what is basically a video game and photo op.

That said, I believe the feedback this small exhibit is receiving could help Disney with predicting the success of a future Iron Man attraction, which I hope will mean the demolition of the Innoventions building. Tomorrowland needs help fast.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I think that's exactly what's going to happen. Disney will see the response and keep moving forward.
    We can only hope.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Gorgeous pics.

It would be neat if they could add displays about the science behind the suits - both the technology that goes into building them for the movie, and relating them to the real-life research on powered exoskeletons that's going on today.
    I would expect that's exactly the kind of thing they'll do, once more space and time for development are given. Tomorrowland doens't have to be a living comic book. They can incorporate many real world tie-ins like you've described.

In fact, Innoventions wouldn't even be so bad as-is if it weren't so...generic. They could give some of the exhibits more life with Marvel overlays.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    The Disney Ninja and I saw the Iron Man exhibit this past Sunday
    WAIT!!! I was there?!?!?!?! I don't remember this!! LOL!! Very nice review!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast