Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Baby announcement photo ideas at DLR

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Congratulations, Kelly!! Baby will be one lucky kid to have 2 Disney nuts as parents!!!

Maybe you could hold up the 'Baby on Board' sign on one of the FL rides while a CM or another guest snaps a pic. I think it would look adorable on the Storyland Canal Boats. Or even on the DL Railroad. There should be photo ops galore while traveling around the park. I'm sure anyone would be happy to take the pic for you.

How about a pic of the two of you in your adorable t shirts by Snow White's well captioned "Our wish is coming true. We have a baby due" maybe with the due date?
    I LOVE the RR idea!! I adore the train, and the "Baby on Board" sign perfectly fits it. That's a definite winner! I love the idea by the well, too! Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfn View Post
    How about a picture of you guys in front of the Baby Center on Main Steet.
    That's a cute one! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tensixmom View Post
    Congratulations!!!!
    Thank you!!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! So excited for you!! Congrats!! I love all the ideas and can't think of any for myself right now, but if I think of something, I'll let ya know!
    Hehehe thank you, Amanda!! That's okay you can just bake me something awesome once the cravings start.

Quote Originally Posted by javalos1991 View Post
    Congratulations! I think of Dumbo because of the song "Baby Mine"

Dumbo - Baby Mine - YouTube
    Awww makes me teary!! (That could be the hormones, though)

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaW View Post
    Congrats! We announced our pregnancy with our son at Disneyland, too! Here are a few photos that we did to announce on Facebook!
    Attachment 29412Attachment 29413 On the first picture we said "The 3 of us had a great time at Disneyland!" And on the second picture we said "Can you spot the hidden Mickey in the picture?" Everyone loved it!
    Looooooooove!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing and I appreciate the ideas!!!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by joannaorange View Post
    Although I was never at DL during any of my pregnancy's, I asked my midwife once about the dangers of riding on rides in the first trimester. She told me that it would be 100% ok to ride the rides as that little bean is still being protected behind my pelvic bone. Once you start to "pop out" a bit then it becomes unsafe due to possibly getting hit in the belly. Just a thought
    That is very, very tempting. I would never get over it if I rode the rough rides and miscarried, though. I couldn't help but think it was because of something I've done! I figure I'm better off eliminating the risks, even if they're imaginary ones lol Really good to know, though, in case I feel more adventurous with the next one. Thank you! (So funny that you call it a bean, we do too! Although right now it's just a blob lol)

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    This is such a cute idea! All I can think of is gender reveal ideas, there are so many prince/princess options, so when it comes time for that...
    I would love to do a gender reveal photo at the parks! So many ideas! We have to cut down on our trips, though, since we have to save up for the baby. Maybe if the stars align we'll be able to get out there for it!

• Chief Troublemaker

OK, OK, here's a better poem for the Wishing Well. Hee Hee, I just love this. I wish I'd been able to announce my pregnancies in a Disney way. Mine were pretty much let out of the bag due to having to jump up from the table to run to the bathroom after smelling dinner on the table LOL. Back in 'my day' we were like 6-8 weeks along before a test was done & by that time you were usually feeling 'symptoms'.

How about "Our dream is coming true. Shall we wish for pink or blue?".

Whatever you decide, please be sure to post the picture here so we all can see it.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

A pic of your husband and an empty seat beside him on Space or other ride... My kids do something like this...

Have it on the outside of the announcement, then on the inside, have a pic of the 2 of you in front of the castle in your shirts....
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    A pic of your husband and an empty seat beside him on Space or other ride... My kids do something like this...

Have it on the outside of the announcement, then on the inside, have a pic of the 2 of you in front of the castle in your shirts....
    How 'bout this & have your DH hold a sign that says 'Baby NOT on Board?'
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• And Dad was my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfn View Post
    How about a picture of you guys in front of the Baby Center on Main Steet.
    love this!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Hehehe thank you, Amanda!! That's okay you can just bake me something awesome once the cravings start.
    Done and done!

• Selfie Expert

OK, OK, here's a better poem for the Wishing Well. Hee Hee, I just love this. I wish I'd been able to announce my pregnancies in a Disney way. Mine were pretty much let out of the bag due to having to jump up from the table to run to the bathroom after smelling dinner on the table LOL. Back in 'my day' we were like 6-8 weeks along before a test was done & by that time you were usually feeling 'symptoms'.

Whatever you decide, please be sure to post the picture here so we all can see it.
    Stormy, you're hired! Seriously I need to somehow use this!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post

Hahaha I like the idea of the empty seat! And write something like... only 7 more months of riding Space Mountain alone... lol Thanks!!

How 'bout this & have your DH hold a sign that says 'Baby NOT on Board?'
    Hahahahahahaha or "Beer on Board"

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Done and done!
    Yessss!!!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Congrats KellyMcG!! How exciting, and Stormy you are good at this! When the poem said "pink or blue" I immediately thought of the fairies in Sleeping Beauty changing the dress color!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Familymemories

Congratulations!! Our family sees many families with tiny babies at disneyland. Enjoy!!
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

Congrats!! So many great ideas! Do you have an ultrasound picture yet? That would be fun to be holding up in a character picture.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Congrats KellyMcG!! How exciting, and Stormy you are good at this! When the poem said "pink or blue" I immediately thought of the fairies in Sleeping Beauty changing the dress color!
    Thank you! Hehe I had the same thought with the pink and blue. I'm so glad Disney has completely taken over our minds!

Quote Originally Posted by familymemories View Post
    Congratulations!! Our family sees many families with tiny babies at disneyland. Enjoy!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by saramommy View Post
    Congrats!! So many great ideas! Do you have an ultrasound picture yet? That would be fun to be holding up in a character picture.
    Thanks! I do have an ultrasound picture, but it's just kind of a blob right now lol

I'm planning to go to Dapper Day in September, so assuming it's a healthy pregnancy by then I should have a much better ultrasound with a recognizeable baby and will know the gender - so I'll try to remember to bring a copy with me to pose with the characters!

• Selfie Expert

I present to you: The Blob

Haha so hopefully it will turn into a healthy baby!! I don't think it's an ultrasound pic that I'll bring to the characters quite yet.

• Future Imagineer!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I present to you: The Blob

Haha so hopefully it will turn into a healthy baby!! I don't think it's an ultrasound pic that I'll bring to the characters quite yet.
    Awesome!!!! Congrats on your blob Kelly!!!!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast