Show-Quality Management

Does anyone have any ideas on how to help the Show-Quality Management department prevent "contradictions" in the show?

• CM for 4 years!

Re: Show-Quality Management

Don't run the Sailing Ship Columbia backwards on the Rivers of America at approx. 6:45 pm on Fantasmic! nights. What a horrible break of show! (Pirate ships don't sail backwards, DUH)
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

If this is at all possible, I would very much appreciate if the technicians hoisted the line that Tinkerbell uses in "Remember..." up the Matterhorn each night under the cover of darkness, instead of letting the cables remain visible throughout the day.

Perhaps the cables could be disguised better during the day, instead.

If Fantasmic!'s show equipment can be concealed underground during the day, then the stage lights and speakers along the parade route should be able to retract, as well.

• CM for 4 years!

If face characters like Wendy and Peter Pan could actually interact with guests instead of just hanging out back behind Dumbo where nobody notices them, like today, that would be great.

On a similar note,

since when does Aladdin address people by saying, "Hey, how's it goin'?"
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    If face characters like Wendy and Peter Pan could actually interact with guests instead of just hanging out back behind Dumbo where nobody notices them, like today, that would be great.

On a similar note,

Yes, the Entertainment Department does get a little sloppy sometimes.

I think W.D.I. should issue "Stage Directions" to the operational Cast so that they have a better sense of the way to improvise their interactions with guests and do so while remaining in character.

Those interactions have the most potential to impress guests and exceed their expectations. A little more showmanship from each individual Cast member would go a long way. And, Disney could justify increasing pay or offering bonuses if exceptionally-talented Disneylanders add more value to the guest experience.

More value may translate to greater price-elasticity of demand, as well as more frequent visitation and more positive word-of-mouth.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-20-2006 at 07:16 AM.

• The Fantasyland guy

I have an idea. how about having more communication between departments. I can't tell you how many times I have seen a character ruin a ride for children because they were not listening to the rules on a ride.

for example, I have seen Peter pan stand up on the carousel and the attractions CM's had to do an E-stop. Yes, it is part of his character to be defiant... but he just forced the ride to stop because of "show."

I'm just a guest.. guests should never notice these things.

• Animatronic

I'd put conceptual artists and WDI in final control of everything. If they don't think a Churro Cart adds to the authentic environment of 19th Century New Orleans, then additional ideas should be discussed.

As for characters, I would also make sure WDI has final control over the meet and greets (if any). Many of them seem thrown together and ugly in context. I'd also try to keep the characters to their lands and perhaps have the same people who do the stage shows validate any character behavior.

Right now, ODV and Character Meet and Greets seem out of control. Too many of poor quality interfering with theme and traffic flow. It seems just as many guests could be served by the fine built in facilities about the park, many of which remain closed.

• I was deleted.

On a similar note,

Last time I was there Wendy and Peter were always running around and interacting. In fact you literally had to chase them down yourself to get a picture with them.

Also, Aladdin is supposed to be "hip" and "cool". He also says a lot of spunky things out here in Florida. Oh, and at Epcot he speaks some Japanese.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    If this is at all possible, I would very much appreciate if the technicians hoisted the line that Tinkerbell uses in "Remember..." up the Matterhorn each night under the cover of darkness, instead of letting the cables remain visible throughout the day.

Perhaps the cables could be disguised better during the day, instead.
    If I were Tinkerbell, I would prefer to "fly" on permanent wires, thank you very much.
    The only way I see this being possible is if the flying wires were retractable into Matterhorn or to the other side (is the mattress still being used?), and that there were thin guide wires go from the Matterhorn to the Fantasyland buildings.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

They used to have a whole act. Now they have bodyguards. I can only assume this is due to past experiences with This Degenerating Society.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."