• Nor Cal AP'er

Thumbs up Special Earth Day movies screenings for AP's in DCA 4-22-2013

Special Earth Day Movie Screenings for Annual Passholders | Disneyland Park

A Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic Event

Show your Earth Day spirit at these Annual Passholder exclusive double feature screenings of the nature-themed films Bear Country and The Ranger's Guide to Nature. The screenings will be hosted by the Disneyland Resort Horticulture team, who will give a special presentation.
    About the films:
    Bear Country
    This Oscar®-winning film follows the life of black bears from one winter to another while exploring the family dynamics and habits of this majestic animal.
    The Ranger's Guide to Nature
    Through animation and live-action, ranger J. Audobon Woodlore takes Donald Duck and his nephews on a musical tour of the wonders of the natural world in this delightful television special.
    With Limited Time Annual Passholder Magic, Annual Passholders have exciting opportunities, offers and events like this.
    Date
    Monday, April 22, 2013
    Event Location
    Stage 17 in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure Park
    Event Times
    5:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
    Event Registration and Wristband Distribution

• Registration and wristband distribution for the event will begin at 11:30 a.m. on the day of the event in front of Stage 17 (located between Muppet*Vision 3D and Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!) in Disney California Adventure Park.
    • This is an all-ages event, however, all participating Guests ages 3 and older must be valid Annual Passholders on the day of the event.
    • Registration must be completed in person in front of Stage 17 on the day of the event only; no phone reservations or other registration will be accepted.
    • It is recommended that all members of your party check-in together to help ensure that everyone receives a wristband.
    • All participating Annual Passholders must present their active Annual Passport to the event Cast Member, who will check event availability. Photo ID may be required.

Wristbands

• Once an Annual Passholder has presented a valid Annual Passport and event availability has been confirmed, the Annual Passholder will be registered for the event and will receive an event wristband for an assigned event time.
    • Event wristbands are required for admission to the event. Wristbands are only valid for the assigned event time.
    • Registration and distribution of event wristbands are based on availability.
    • Space is limited and wristbands do not guarantee seating at the event.
    • Late arrivals will not be accommodated.
    • Wristbands may not be sold or transferred for commercial purposes and have no cash value.

Additional Information

• Stage 17 will open 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the screening to registered Annual Passholders with valid event wristbands.
    • Valid theme park admission is required.
    • Information and event elements are subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.
    • Subject to capacity, scheduled park events and other restrictions.
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Special Earth Day movies screenings for AP's in DCA 4-22-2013

Interesting........... I haven't heard of these movies.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Hmmmm I like this...too bad it's on a Monday got work...but I'd loved to go

• Nor Cal AP'er

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Interesting........... I haven't heard of these movies.
    I believe these are older Disney "shorts" I looked on youtube using the names of the movies listed and came up with some cartoons and documentaries.
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

I went to this. It was actually quite good... and the 7:30 showing couldn't have had more than 75 people, but had seating available for 500.

"Bear Country" is a 1960's-era Disney nature film. Footage from it has been used over and over, and many aspects of the footage was supposedly used to create the now-not-at-DL Country Bear Jamboree.

The Ranger's Guide to Nature is an old "World of Disney" made-for-TV film which features "Ranger Woodlore" with Huey, Duey and Louie at a "nature camp". It alternates between bits of animated footage of the ranger and the three ducklings and actual footage of such interesting things as insects (including TONS of caterpillars), the growing cycle of plants, and an assortment of small animals (with a major focus on frogs). It actually had a surprisingly large amount of information for a kids' nature program, and was one of the shows which had footage of Walt introducing the program.

Prior to the airing of these two films, we had a short presentation by one of the DLR arborists, who talked about some of the agricultural maintenance at the parks (including some neat pics of guys up working on the grass that grows on Splash Mountain, and pics of people trimming some of the 14,000 trees they have at the resort). It went over the very rudimentary basics of what it's like to be part of the plant management at the resort, then diverged into segments on what Disney has done with local community Earth Day-type efforts. While the presenter was clearly not a big public speaker (she's an arborist, not an actor), she shared her bit rather well, I think.

There was also an Earth Day activity sometime this week specifically for castmembers, or so I hear. Dunno much about it, alas.