Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Selfie Expert

Re: Limited Time Magic April 22-28, Earth Week

Hehehe I'm glad we're all on the same page with this one!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Long live the Fire Lord

maybe the magic is ho it brings us all together?
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame. There are soooo many things they could do for Earth Day that would be fun, yet raise awareness of our need to protect our environment. Sell themed seed packets of various flowers found in the parks for people to take home & plant, maybe with a Mickey themed little pot or themed garden trowel or gloves. I know I've seen Mickey Save the Earth-type T-shirts. How about Mickey-ears (maybe green) with leaf-shaped ears (Gee, does anyone but me remember this is supposed to be the 'Year of the Ear' because Disney sure seems to have forgotten). Redwood Challenge would be a perfect place to have a lot of information about being kind to our planet.

It wouldn't have to be heavy duty 'tree-hugging'. Just gentle or humorous reminders to 'clean up after yourself' in our world.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Mrs. J. Depp

I think they should do something like hand out re-usable bags to the first 200 through the gates or something that advocates responsible environmental practice.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybirdman View Post
    maybe the magic is ho it brings us all together?
    So true!!! Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame. There are soooo many things they could do for Earth Day that would be fun, yet raise awareness of our need to protect our environment. Sell themed seed packets of various flowers found in the parks for people to take home & plant, maybe with a Mickey themed little pot or themed garden trowel or gloves. I know I've seen Mickey Save the Earth-type T-shirts. How about Mickey-ears (maybe green) with leaf-shaped ears (Gee, does anyone but me remember this is supposed to be the 'Year of the Ear' because Disney sure seems to have forgotten). Redwood Challenge would be a perfect place to have a lot of information about being kind to our planet.

It wouldn't have to be heavy duty 'tree-hugging'. Just gentle or humorous reminders to 'clean up after yourself' in our world.
    Seriously! They really could have promoted their Year of the Ear stuff with each of these little LTM themes. I know people hate pushing merchandise, but I personally would love more variety, and was really excited about more ears!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I think they should do something like hand out re-usable bags to the first 200 through the gates or something that advocates responsible environmental practice.
    You and Stormy both have some great ideas!! Next year they need to have a MiceChat themed promotion where they try out all of the ideas on here.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I mean...not even the most hardcore Disney fan could defend this crappy promotion

Earth day=over priced gummy worms and chocolate

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I mean...not even the most hardcore Disney fan could defend this crappy promotion

Earth day=over priced gummy worms and chocolate
    lol I have to agree!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

These are great ideas. It would have been nice if they'd done some of these, or found other ways to promote the Earth Day concepts instead of just promoting...um...dirt.

They could have done some sort of planting activity at Big Thunder Ranch, perhaps? They have a lot of space so they could have had little activities to show the kids how to plant a garden or a flower. They could have gone on the Easter Egg Hunt theme and made a treasure hunt on ten ways to be "green" at the park (finding recycling bins, faucets to refill water bottles, taking mass transit to the park, etc.). They could have done tours of the gardens, herb and vegetable beds at the park. ANYTHING would have been better than what they did!

• Minion

I have a hard time believing anyone would see this as a fun, well thought out, quality event. It really isn't any of the three. Sad that this was the best they could come up with. SMH, wow!

• Hot FIRE!

I won't lie, I don't care about Earth Day nor would I have remembered the day unless I was told...but if Disney takes the time to recognize it, the LEAST they could do is actually something respectable pertaining to the day.

...As I see it

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Infernoman View Post
    I won't lie, I don't care about Earth Day nor would I have remembered the day unless I was told...but if Disney takes the time to recognize it, the LEAST they could do is actually something respectable pertaining to the day.

...As I see it
    Exactly how I feel.

I was kind of dissappointed in it because I leave tomorrow for DL and I was excited to see what that weeks LTM was and when I saw the dessert I thought "Really? That's it?"

On the other hand, it's not something exciting enough to draw lots of AP holders, so there's that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12