Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: Happy to see Disneyland Restaurants getting better (and healthier!)

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    I understand some people do enjoy sweet potato fries, and I am ok with DL serving them. But they should also serve regular french fries too. I won't eat at HB because they only offer sweet potato fries and I don't like them. They should give us a choice.
    Agreed. I choose to be unhealthy in my french fry selections.

I personally enjoy the vast majority of the food at DL, and love the variety!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

LOVE the sweet potato fries. We ate there twice last fall and it was great because my dad refuses to touch them... so I ate his along with the kids' chicken nuggets and had a tasty meal!
    I wish I had a cool signature to insert here, but I don't.

• Another turkey leg please

I agree the food has definitely improved over time and I'm happy to spend my money on it when I find something good. E.g. I'm very happy to get better-than-expected french toast and breakfast burritos in Tomorrowland. The one thing that's consistently bad across the restaurants though is the coffee. I'm talking about the normal coffee from the restaurants, not the specialty coffee drinks. Whatever coffee they're using is pretty bad; I was just there today and had it from two different spots with both having the exact same weird taste. Hopefully they'll figure it out and buy a better quick-brew coffee.

It's definitly alot better than it used to be. I think I'd like to see MSG free items, since I personally can't tolerate it and it's in so many foods. Also having whole grain options for more items, would be a nice change. They do seem to offer whole grain options on some things, just would like to see more.

A friend of mine said she always takes the flavoring bottles for water so they get something besides just water. Crystal Light and Mio are both calorie free or low cal and if you bring your own water bottles, you are pretty much set with free liquids all day.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Hungry Bear needs to drop the sweet potato fries, that fad has sailed into the sunset.
    I personally love sweet potato fries BUT buyer beware: I am gluten free and most sweet potato fried are coated in flour first (something I was unaware of until I read the ingredients on a frozen package of them at the store) so this unfortunately most likely makes them inedible for fellow gluten free folk. I am unsure if Disney makes them this way but I would beg to differ. Also are these deep fried? There goes any nutritional value. I am happy to see Disney taking the necessary steps to healthier options and providing fruits and veggies, but I wish they would utilize every healthy option in the creation of these items as well.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Former Churro Jockey

One thing I forgot to mention is the fruit carts. Disney has some really delicious fruit, and much of it was actually grown locally, and I'd heard some people say that some of it was actually grown on property (I never saw anything backstage like that other than Agrifuture, but that was food for Tomorrowland that was just for show and was inedible). Because of that, the size and ripeness is better then what you'd find at a grocery store. The prices are maybe a little high, but not unreasonable. If I'm not mistaken, a piece of fruit from a fruit stand is as much or a little less then a side of french fries. I'd love to see Disney take it a step further and one day have a fruit juice bar where they make them on the spot. I think that would probably fit nicely into Fantasyland, or maybe they could put a futuristic spin on it and have it in Tomorrowland.
    Last edited by Big D; 04-21-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Big Al's salad at Hungry Bear is probably my favorite non-table service salad at the whole resort (Plaza Inn's Cobb is also pretty good, but a Cobb salad isn't the healthiest option). I just wish they'd increase the serving size on their healthy options. The containers their entree salads come in is used for side salads at most fast food places and when you get fruit instead of fries the little cup of fruit is hardly equal to the serving size of the fries.

• Familymemories

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Agreed. I choose to be unhealthy in my french fry selections.

I personally enjoy the vast majority of the food at DL, and love the variety!

I completely agree with you about the variety and unhealthy selections. It's a treat to eat in the parks. If I want to eat completely healthy, I will just eat at home.
    Vintage Jewelry Converted Into Wearable Pieces Visit My Etsy Shop3 Kid Crop Shop

Quote Originally Posted by familymemories View Post
    I completely agree with you about the variety and unhealthy selections. It's a treat to eat in the parks. If I want to eat completely healthy, I will just eat at home.

Agreed!
    For the love of Disney....

I'll agree with you on the fruit carts- love them! And they have pineapple at the one in Adventureland!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention is the fruit carts. Disney has some really delicious fruit, and much of it was actually grown locally, and I'd heard some people say that some of it was actually grown on property (I never saw anything backstage like that other than Agrifuture, but that was food for Tomorrowland that was just for show and was inedible). Because of that, the size and ripeness is better then what you'd find at a grocery store. The prices are maybe a little high, but not unreasonable. If I'm not mistaken, a piece of fruit from a fruit stand is as much or a little less then a side of french fries. I'd love to see Disney take it a step further and one day have a fruit juice bar where they make them on the spot. I think that would probably fit nicely into Fantasyland, or maybe they could put a futuristic spin on it and have it in Tomorrowland.
    I ate their Berry Bowl option from a fruit cart one morning. I joked with my husband "For the price, these better be the best berries I ever had." They really were! The strawberries were that perfect sweetness with a tiny hint of tart. The blueberries were firm and perfect, tart with a hint of sweet. I was quite impressed.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

I love the Hungry Bear and their sweet potato fries!

• New Member Goes Forth

DCA has the best food at the resort, with Pardise Pier Buena Vista Street and Cars Land
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Faith Trust & Shellie May

im sad im going to be going to dl for the first time ever and i just found out they got rid of creme brulee french toast at goofys kitchen and the tigger tails got changed from chocolate to sprinkles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast