Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 101
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,459

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    I would not mind if there was a 2:1 Fast Pass to Standby ratio, or 1:1, depending on the capacity of the attraction. Rides like Space Mountain can work through a ton of guests in a short amount of time, so more Standby guests should be allowed in at once. Lines move fast once you're inside the building, so the perceived wait time, even for Fast Pass users, is quite low.

  2. #17

    •   
    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    314

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by ewokrights View Post
    I know the resort used to have literature available at the ticket booths describing how the FP system worked, and I hope they would continue to give out that information to people who have bought their park-hopper tickets.
    It's right there in every single park map, which are still at the ticket booths for both parks. There are also multiple large signs that use the term at every FastPass attraction, essentially advertising it as an option, and there are thousands of cast members who are happy to explain the system if anything is unclear. And for those who spend thousands of dollars to plan a big trip, the information is available to them beforehand through the Disneyland Resort website. You can literally find it in one click. If you click Attractions (under Things To Do), there's FastPass information on that page, with a link to even more detailed information about how to use FastPass and which attractions offer it.

    FastPass confers an advantage on those who care enough about their experience to pay attention, and who would rather reserve a later return time than stand in a line right now. All they have to do is avoid being beaten to the machines by people who want it more than they do.

  3. #18

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,392

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    It's funny...so many people said wait times would improve greatly once FP times were enforced.
    Single Rider has had a huge impact on the FP times despite the return times being enforced. If Single Rider didn't exist the FP ratio wouldn't as out of control. I think word of Single Rider has spread so some groups are splitting up so they don't wait in line as long.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.













  4. #19

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,626

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Single Rider has had a huge impact on the FP times despite the return times being enforced. If Single Rider didn't exist the FP ratio wouldn't as out of control. I think word of Single Rider has spread so some groups are splitting up so they don't wait in line as long.
    How does single rider effect the lines? Before single rider existed vehicles would depart with empty seats because people didn't want to be split up.

  5. #20

    •   
    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    314

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Yeah, Single Rider is one of those few "everyone wins" scenarios when implemented correctly. More people get to ride every day, yet no one's wait time is increased.

    And yes, attractions with Single Rider lines do see plenty of people coming through who know each other, but there's nothing wrong with that. They'll be split up when they board, just like everyone else. The purpose of Single Rider is to fill empty seats, not to offer incentives for visiting the parks by yourself. And again, Single Rider has no negative effect on other wait times, since the seats they fill would have been empty anyway.

  6. #21

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    6 hours from the House of Mouse
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    I would not mind if there was a 2:1 Fast Pass to Standby ratio, or 1:1,
    So, you make a reservation for dinner at 6pm. You arrive with 3 other groups with the same reservation time. However, the line for people who showed up without a reservation is out the door. So, what they are doing is seating one of the groups with a reservation, then one of the diners without a reservation, causing you to wait another 20-30 mins.

    To keep the lines flowing properly, they should be taking the FP line at a 3:1 or 4:1 at a minimum. Now, if it becomes a major issue, then they need to drop the number of FP being distributed.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

  7. #22

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    So, you make a reservation for dinner at 6pm. You arrive with 3 other groups with the same reservation time. However, the line for people who showed up without a reservation is out the door. So, what they are doing is seating one of the groups with a reservation, then one of the diners without a reservation, causing you to wait another 20-30 mins.

    To keep the lines flowing properly, they should be taking the FP line at a 3:1 or 4:1 at a minimum. Now, if it becomes a major issue, then they need to drop the number of FP being distributed.
    Although I can envision certain scenarios where this selfishly doesn't work out the best for me, THIS ^ is the most logical argument I've read on this topic yet.

  8. #23

    • Still lost in Neverland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    4,075

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    The only thing I see wrong with this entire post is that the first poster said he and his girlfriend were in the Single Rider line and no one called him on that. That is also what holds up other lines. I don't understand why people just can't follow the rules. A Single Rider Line means just that 1 person using the line, not 2 to 5 family members going in the line and lying to the CM who asks are you alone. They go in separately but join up as soon as they are out of sight of the CM. This is being dishonest and slowing up the lines because now the single rider line is backed up because of a whole family using the line at once when it is intended for SINGLE riders. It's annoying to the single people, like me, that use the line in order to get to the handicapped boarding. If you are with family or friends you should get a Fast Pass or come back later but not jam people through the SINGLE RIDER line for your own selfish reasons. This is a personal thing with me. If people would just read and obey the rules, things would go a lot smoother at every attraction.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

    Thank You Poisonedapples

  9. #24

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,905

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    The consensus with Single Rider seems to be that if people are willing to go through the line and ride alone, they count as singles, regardless if their friends are there too.

    The only issue I have - as someone who uses Single Rider a lot, since I go to the parks a lot on my own - is when a couple or friends go in the SR line and then insist on being seated on the ride together. No. It doesn't work that way.

  10. #25

    • World of Color
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Whittier
    Posts
    213

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    It really all depends on the attraction. For example RSR has more people using their fastpasses than using it on Indiana Jones where if you have a fastpass and you do not use it is no big deal. But because RSR is new people are going to use the fastpasses more.

  11. #26

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,748

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The only thing I see wrong with this entire post is that the first poster said he and his girlfriend were in the Single Rider line and no one called him on that. That is also what holds up other lines. I don't understand why people just can't follow the rules. A Single Rider Line means just that 1 person using the line, not 2 to 5 family members going in the line and lying to the CM who asks are you alone. They go in separately but join up as soon as they are out of sight of the CM. This is being dishonest and slowing up the lines because now the single rider line is backed up because of a whole family using the line at once when it is intended for SINGLE riders. It's annoying to the single people, like me, that use the line in order to get to the handicapped boarding. If you are with family or friends you should get a Fast Pass or come back later but not jam people through the SINGLE RIDER line for your own selfish reasons. This is a personal thing with me. If people would just read and obey the rules, things would go a lot smoother at every attraction.
    Whether you like it or not, single rider is open for any number of individuals in a party who are willing to split. There is no established rule against this. All what Disney cares about is getting the maximum number of butts in a seat in a day. And SR helps address this by filling in the gaps. Thus, SR does not make the waits slower.
    Last edited by frollofan; 04-21-2013 at 05:16 PM.

  12. #27

    • aka 'KiMcHeE'
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    585

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Whether you like it or not, single rider is open for any number of individuals in a party who are willing to split. There is no established rule against this. All what Disney cares about is getting the maximum number of butts in a seat in a day. And SR helps address this by filling in the gaps. Thus, SR does not make the waits slower.
    Yes, this. SR just fills up the gaps in the vehicle that would otherwise be empty. It won't have an impact on the standby lines. But it will have an impact on the SR lines.

  13. #28

    • The doctor is in
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    1,014 miles away
    Posts
    2,392

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    How does single rider effect the lines? Before single rider existed vehicles would depart with empty seats because people didn't want to be split up.
    To my knowledge Single Rider shares the FP line. If you have 30 people with valid FP tickets in line and have an additional 15-20 people show up for Single Rider then it will alter the ratio and the FP significantly. That is what I meant.
    It isn't really the same concept of having singles wait in the standby line because when they go in the FP line they get seated before the regular standby guests. Having the FP "reservation" is all well and good, but single riders are just plain standby guests.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.













  14. #29

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,748

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    To my knowledge Single Rider shares the FP line. .
    They are separate.

  15. #30

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,098

    Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    To my knowledge Single Rider shares the FP line. If you have 30 people with valid FP tickets in line and have an additional 15-20 people show up for Single Rider then it will alter the ratio and the FP significantly. That is what I meant.
    It isn't really the same concept of having singles wait in the standby line because when they go in the FP line they get seated before the regular standby guests. Having the FP "reservation" is all well and good, but single riders are just plain standby guests.
    Nope - single rider has its own separate line and has nothing to do with FP or the FP/stand-by ratio. People in the single rider line just wait to fill an otherwise empty seat.


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fast Pass Revamp Idea
    By Wendy_Bird in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 07:38 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 07:21 PM
  3. AP's and Fast Pass?
    By DLRDCA_Jerry in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 02:28 PM
  4. A question I havent seen yet (Fast Pass)
    By monorail_rider in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 03:28 PM
  5. Universal Fast pass
    By x_Stanimal_x in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 06:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •