Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• The doctor is in

Re: Fast Pass Ratio to Stand by out of control?

Well that's embarrassing. Goes to show how often I use single rider, lol.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The only thing I see wrong with this entire post is that the first poster said he and his girlfriend were in the Single Rider line and no one called him on that.
    No problem. They are in a separate queue, and generally will not even get to ride in the same car. In fact, one might ride from the regular queue area, where the other might be sent to the handicap access area. Doesn't matter if they are 1 or 10, they can all join the line as long as they are willing to ride separately.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The only thing I see wrong with this entire post is that the first poster said he and his girlfriend were in the Single Rider line and no one called him on that. That is also what holds up other lines. I don't understand why people just can't follow the rules. A Single Rider Line means just that 1 person using the line, not 2 to 5 family members going in the line and lying to the CM who asks are you alone. They go in separately but join up as soon as they are out of sight of the CM. This is being dishonest and slowing up the lines because now the single rider line is backed up because of a whole family using the line at once when it is intended for SINGLE riders. It's annoying to the single people, like me, that use the line in order to get to the handicapped boarding. If you are with family or friends you should get a Fast Pass or come back later but not jam people through the SINGLE RIDER line for your own selfish reasons. This is a personal thing with me. If people would just read and obey the rules, things would go a lot smoother at every attraction.
    I just wanted to see if anyone else notice people getting upset about the FP ratio and that I am concerned about the safety of the cm's. I never had intentions of bad mouthing the FP system in any way. My gf and I never abused the SR system to ride together, we separate and follow directions to the cm. I
    have never cheated on that. If going into SR with my gf is cheating then the whole SR line is at fault because practically everyone I have seen in SR lines are a group of 2 or 3. Heck I have even gone alone to the park and even waiting in SR I have made friends with at least 1 or 2 people next to me so does that count of cheating seeing that I now know the people next to me? Also if it was intended for SINGLE riders would it then be selfish being that the line would be so short that the SINGLE riders could go on the ride over and over again before the group of 2 or 3 that got FP's like suggested?
    Last edited by DisneyLoon; 04-21-2013 at 08:08 PM.

• Selfie Expert

SR is to fill in empty seats, for people to ride SINGLE. Not for people who go to the park alone or ride alone. It's purpose is to fill in otherwise empty seats, which means there is no impact on other wait times.

Yes, people who wait in SR and demand to sit with someone else are abusing. DisneyLoon, you did not break any rules.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    SR is to fill in empty seats, for people to ride SINGLE. Not for people who go to the park alone or ride alone. It's purpose is to fill in otherwise empty seats, which means there is no impact on other wait times.

Yes, people who wait in SR and demand to sit with someone else are abusing. DisneyLoon, you did not break any rules.
    Thanks Kelly

• Future Imagineer!!

Yeah DisneyLoon you're fine!! My fiance and I do the same thing. We fully anticipate the fact that we wont be riding together, but we still get to stand in line together. It doesn't matter that we don't get to ride together since we both get to enjoy it. Every once and a while we get opposing cars in the race portion of the ride so that's always fun!

Keeper of the Dynamite Goat on RCMC

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

It is a single rider line, not a single waiting line.

Big difference.

• Foolish Mortal

I've noticed this a lot on Soarin'.

• Minion

The standard ratio for all FP attraction is 70% of the hourly ride capacity given out in Fastpass tickets, with 30% of the hourly ride capacity made up by pulling in Standby guests.

All reports in this thread show the Racers CM's were doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing at the right intervals.

Fastpass merge points are always a dangerous position, and at Splash Mt. we've had girls spit on and pushed, a few guys get swung at by a closed fist, and lots and lots and lots of fowl language and bad names calling into question the ethnicity, religion, race, body weight, mental capacity or sexual orientation of the CM staffing that merge point. Indy, Space, Grizzly (on hot days), Soarin', Tower of Terror, and any other popular E Ticket is the same way.

It's probably a bit amped up more than usual at Radiator Springs Racers because the Standby lines there tend to be two hours or more, and you can see the station and moving vehicles from the merge point so it's like rubbing salt in the wound that you chose to wait in Standby.

But it's nothing unusual and nothing out of the ordinary. It's been happening at merge points since Fastpass debuted at Disneyland 13 years ago. CM's get hit, spat at, pushed, called names, etc. It's part of the job and the CM's can take care of themselves.

You will probably hate me for saying this but why doesn't Disney sell the Fastpass as a perk? Kind of like the FLASH PASS at Six Flags? You pay a flat rate, you get on any ride with fastpass availability. It would decrease (I hope) the amount of people in the fastpass line, which would increase the loading amount for stand-by.

Quote Originally Posted by javalos1991 View Post
    You will probably hate me for saying this but why doesn't Disney sell the Fastpass as a perk? Kind of like the FLASH PASS at Six Flags? You pay a flat rate, you get on any ride with fastpass availability. It would decrease (I hope) the amount of people in the fastpass line, which would increase the loading amount for stand-by.
    I've been saying this for years, however, I experienced the negative side of this as well at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. They were sold out of front of the line passes, and one of the mazes we waited for literally had our wait time doubled due to front of the line passers. They would let 2-5 stand by guests in and empty the front of the liners (between 10-30) guests. they wouldn't let the front-of-the-line holders wait at all. The employee at the merge point felt bad, but he had to do it because they had paid more than us.

It frustrated me because I had already paid a ton of money to enjoy the event, and it seemed wrong that my ticket price didn't matter much because somebody else paid more. And it was also frustrating because I was willing to pay more so I could get things done, but it wasn't available to me.

Paying for the extra feature does decrease the numbers slightly, but it also adds to entitlement. I just wish we could go back to the idea of: if you want to ride this ride/eat at this restaurant/shop at this store, then you have to get in line like everybody else.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Hasn't RSR always enforced FastPass return times or at least they have been for longer than the other FastPass attractions? So really there should be no dramatic change in wait times.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by javalos1991 View Post
    It's easier to just decrease the number of FastPasses offered for each day. Disney sets these at specific numbers that are intended to create an acceptable FastPass/Standby balance, but these can be lowered if there are too many FastPasses being offered.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Well that's embarrassing. Goes to show how often I use single rider, lol.
    FWIW: I'd like to add my thoughts to the single rider discussion.

I have only used Single rider with my boyfriend a few times in FL, but after our last trip in May I learned something interesting from the boarding CM working Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster. I thought that we should start our late morning trip on RR and hit the single rider option so we could get through and get on with our day. I knew that we would be split up in separate cars and that wasn't an issue at all. After waiting 45 minutes and watching the standby and FP lines zip past us, the CM noticed my perplexity and shared this information (and forgive me if this knowledge is already known): it depends on the time of day/year that single rider becomes a problem. RR is a good example of that because although it's a long car, it only holds two people per row. If you are there in the height of the season OR late in the day it can be easier to board with single rider because of large uneven groups (especially foreign tour groups), there is generally room for one or two single riders per car. Slow season usually means that standby sees an increase in smaller, even numbered groups that neatly fill up the rows.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    The standard ratio for all FP attraction is 70% of the hourly ride capacity given out in Fastpass tickets, with 30% of the hourly ride capacity made up by pulling in Standby guests.
    70/30??
    That seems like the crux of the problem right there, besides the fact that FP exists in the first place.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast